LovinLiberia

The Africa they never show you

135 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hey everyone, I joined a Facebook group a while ago called "The Africa they never show you" and it is a group that shares BEAUTIFUL pictures Africa. You know the side of Africa "they" never show you on TV. I thought it would be a great idea for us to share pictures showing the good side of our SO's countries or any countries in Africa. There are tons of nice areas in Africa, but most times the media only shares the worst areas. Here is a quote from the group's description:

You've seen the images on tv about africa: the huts, the famine, disease, wars and suffering but they never show you that Africa is beautiful, has happy people and that not every part and person in Africa is poor.

The pictures can be found on many websites and they are easy to upload and share through a photobucket or picturetrail account.

I'll start first. :)

Trasacco Valley Neighborhood in Accra, Ghana

tedc2a.jpg

Abuja, Nigeria

abujanigeria.jpg

Apartment Bldg. in Monrovia, Liberia

apt_building_sinkor_08_3.gif

Apartment Bldg. in Monrovia, Liberia

apt_bldg_in_sinkor5.jpg

Canal Walk Mall, South Africa

canalwalkmallsouthafrica2.jpg

More coming in a few mins...

Cairo, Egypt

cairoegypt.jpg

Conference Center in Botswana

botswanaconferencecenter.jpg

Egypt

egypt2.jpg

Church in Abuja, Nigeria

churchinabuja.jpg

Executive Mansion, Monrovia, Liberia

capitol_bldg_08.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Egypt

egypt.jpg

View from the Cape Hotel, Monrovia, Liberia

cape_hotel3.jpg

Djibouti

djibouti.jpg

Cape Town, South Africa

capetownsouthafrica.jpg

Canal Walk Mall, South Africa

canalwalkmallmsouthafrica.jpg

Desert in Sudan

desertsudan.jpg

Wedding on a golf course, Liberia

firestone_wedding1.jpg

The Gambia

gambia.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Here is another !!! :dance:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Timeline
I found this you tube when you told me your idea the other day, I have been waiting for this thread!!! :dance:

Sorry to keep you waiting...this was supposed to be done "ever since" as Booker says, lol.

Thanks for sharing that video!!!!!! I was perfect for this thread. I was jammin cuz it had my all-time fave song in it. :star::star:

Timeline

Here a GREAT one of African Cities!!! :dance:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Timeline

Beach, The Gambia

gambiabeach.jpg

Nuff said....Ghana

ghana.jpg

Wheeeew, Lawd hammurcy...I think I'm about to faint...lookin at that fine specimen in the back...Ghana

ghanaevent.jpg

Golf Course, Cameroon

golfcoursecameroon.jpg

Beach, Guinea

guinea.jpg

Harare, Zimbabwe

hararezimbabwe.jpg

Hilton Hotel in Yaounde, Cameroon

hiltonhotelyaounde-cameroon.jpg

Timeline

Khartoum, Sudan

khartoumsudan.jpg

Kintampo Falls, Ghana

kintampofallsghana.jpg

Sunset in Congo

lakeincongo.jpg

Lake on the border of Congo and Rwanda

lakekivubetweencongorwanda.jpg

Mall in South Africa

mallinsouthafrica.jpg

Maputo, Mozambique

maputo2.jpg

Maputo, Mozambique

maputomozambique.jpg

Home in Monrovia, Liberia

mickey5.jpg

Back of the home in Monrovia, Liberia

mickey_ch_wedding004jpg.jpg

Home in Monrovia, Liberia

micky_chwedding8.jpg

Timeline
Sorry to keep you waiting...this was supposed to be done "ever since" as Booker says, lol.

Thanks for sharing that video!!!!!! I was perfect for this thread. I was jammin cuz it had my all-time fave song in it. :star::star:

Its ok I have been finding so many things to put in here... I have discovered you tube (thanks to my teenage son) and I cant believe the cool videos of Africa that I found!!!! I hope other people will post their great photos!!! I dont think I have ever been so excited about a thread before :dance:

Timeline

Mifi Falls, Cameroon

mififallscameroon.jpg

Mozambique

mozambique.jpg

Mozambique

mozambique1.jpg

Nairobi, Kenya

nairobi.jpg

Nairobi, Kenya

nairobikenya2.jpg

Desert in Namibia

namibiadesert.jpg

Namibian Desert

namibiandesert.jpg

Monrovia, Liberia

pictures_2-19-1.jpg

Monrovia, Liberia

pictures_feb-2-4.jpg

Hey LL how about a pic of sweet Salone ?

I knew you were gonna ask, ROFL! I'm searching....

Timeline

This one is too cool also educational...the music is the same as the first one I posted but I never get tired of it....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.