Marieford_20

How long does it take before u receive the affidavit of support to be filled up from the NVC after paying it???

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone..Im just having a question on my mind now :huh: ..how long really it takes before you get the affidavit form that needed to be filled up by the petitioner from the NVC...My husband sent the payment to our lawyer as we have hired to lessen the mistakes we might have in filling up of forms..but as i read in forums here it only take few days to receive the forms and send back to them after to start the process again....where as in our case its almost a month now since we paid and yet we havnt get any from the NVC..What do u think is the problem here?This really confused me...I will appreciate your views in this case..God bless us all...
'..because of u..i know now the meaning of LOVE..I see now the colors of LIFE..I can now SMILE...that is BECAUSE OF YOU....MY LOVE..."

CR 1 VISA TIMELINE:

Original Interview Date...................... .09/29/08

Medical @ St. Lukes.......................... 08/26-27/08

Sputum Test.................................... 09/01-03/08

AFB Culture Result............................. 10/31/08

Immunization................................ ... 11/03/08

Interview Date(Re-scheduled).......... .... 11/07/08(PINK SLIP..YAHOO!!!)

VISA Received.................................. 11/11/08(Thank U LORD!)

Flight Schedule................................. 11/21/08

Port of Entry.................................... Detroit,MI

Hi everyone..Im just having a question on my mind now :huh: ..how long really it takes before you get the affidavit form that needed to be filled up by the petitioner from the NVC...My husband sent the payment to our lawyer as we have hired to lessen the mistakes we might have in filling up of forms..but as i read in forums here it only take few days to receive the forms and send back to them after to start the process again....where as in our case its almost a month now since we paid and yet we havnt get any from the NVC..What do u think is the problem here?This really confused me...I will appreciate your views in this case..God bless us all...

If ur lawyer do it in the traditional way it takes a month or so. But when paying it online 2-3 days u can generate the barcoded forms (same site) right after payment has been made & CLEARED ('PAID) fill up the forms then send it to NVC. Using lotofpatience NVC steps the total whole process varies from 6-8 weeks or 1.5 month it will certainly save time to be precised. We used a Lawyer too, but me and my husband likes to be proactive than reactive of our lawyer's suggestions. We are taking our own initiative to make every possible steps to expedite our visa process. Thanks to vj's. Goodluck marj!

Our CR1 & CR2 Visa Timeline

USCIS

12/04/2007 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

01/29/2008 : NOA1

05/07/2008 : NOA2 (Approved)

NVC

05/14/2008 : NVC assigned MNL Case No.

05/26/2008 : NVC Generates AOS & IV Bill

06/02/2008 : Online Payment AOS & IV Bill

06/04/2008 : Printed I-864; DS-230 & Barcoded coversheet

06/12/2008 : Sent I-864 & DS-230 Packets to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/13/2008 : NVC received the Packets

06/16/2008 : NVC entered the I-864 & DS-230 into the system

06/19/2008 : CR2 Case Completed while CR1 got RFE DS-230 #2 & #20

06/26/2008 : Sent the corrected RFE DS-230 to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/27/2008 : NVC received the RFE DS-230 corrections

07/03/2008 : CASE COMPLETED!!!

USEM

08/13/2008 : Medical Exam PASSED!!! (Aug. 13, 14 & 15)

08/14/2008 : Received the hardcopy of the NVC Appointment Date

09/10/2008 : Interview PASSED! (Pink & White Slip due to DV)

09/26/2008 : Visa Received

10/12/2008 : Arrived to USA!!!

USA

10/12/2008 : POE Detroit

10/20/2008 : Received SSN

11/14/2008 : Received The Welcome Notice from Homeland (USCIS)

11/19/2008 : Received Green Card (11/30 got from old address mailbox)

ROC

09/03/2010 : Packet sent to USCIS

09/03/2010 : Received by USCIS

Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"

If ur lawyer do it in the traditional way it takes a month or so. But when paying it online 2-3 days u can generate the barcoded forms (same site) right after payment has been made & CLEARED ('PAID) fill up the forms then send it to NVC. Using lotofpatience NVC steps the total whole process varies from 6-8 weeks or 1.5 month it will certainly save time to be precised. We used a Lawyer too, but me and my husband likes to be proactive than reactive of our lawyer's suggestions. We are taking our own initiative to make every possible steps to expedite our visa process. Thanks to vj's. Goodluck marj!

Just look at my timeline... I still have not received any affidavit form. Paying online is the way now a days or at least the James' Shorcut

Sent I-130 to TSC

Received NOA1 from CSC with a date of 8/15/06

I-130 petition approved 4/16/2008 after 19 months.

Got IIN from NVC 5-13-08

Paid AOS fee online 5-14-08, Paid IV Fee online 5-27-08

Sent I-864 forms 5-27-08

Sent DS-230 forms 5-28-08

6-2-08 called NVC and msg says "received all information,processing will take 4-6 weeks"

6-13-08 called NVC, CR1 is complete, sent RFE for CR2. returned to NVC, waitn on result

6-26-08 case complete/approved. Waiting to be transferred to U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou, China for interview date

7-7-08 Petition forwarded to Guanzhou, China. Awaiting interview letter.

Thanks for the info..but what can we do now since we forwarded the cheque already and our lawyer told us its in the NVC by now..are we just going to wait?I hope its not late that i can do something to have the answers from the NVC..thanks again..

'..because of u..i know now the meaning of LOVE..I see now the colors of LIFE..I can now SMILE...that is BECAUSE OF YOU....MY LOVE..."

CR 1 VISA TIMELINE:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Thanks for the info..but what can we do now since we forwarded the cheque already and our lawyer told us its in the NVC by now..are we just going to wait?I hope its not late that i can do something to have the answers from the NVC..thanks again..

At this point, I would call the NVC to ask what's going on - although, technically, it could take weeks for you to get the form so maybe you're still within normal processing time.... Call 603-334-0700 and then follow the prompts (have your NVC # handy) to try to get an automated response regarding what step in the process your case is on right now - that is available 24/7. OR you can call M-F up until 12 midnight EDT and press 1 and then press 5 in hopes to get a live operator to ask about the details.

Since you've already paid for the AOS, I don't know that there's much you can do to speed up this part of the process...

However, you'll get the info you need about the faster online process if you look at lotofpatience's thread on the electronic payment system here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127253

I would suggest you look into the idea of paying for the IV Bill online (it should already be invoiced if the NVC has accepted your choice of agent - which, I guess, is your lawyer) ...

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

GOOD LUCK!

NEETU IS HERE!

I-751 Process -

5/24/10 : I-751 Packet sent to VSC

5/26/10 : Delivered to SAINT ALBANS VT 05479 @ 11:46am

5/27/10 : NOA1 Date (based on scanned check image)

5/28/10 : Funds withdrawn from bank account

6/04/10 : NOA1 (I-797) received, confirming above NOA1 receipt date.

7/31/10 : Biometrics letter received - Appointment date of 8/11/10!

8/11/10 : Biometrics done!

8/29/10 : GC received (sometime last week lol)! (WOW!)

Previous timeline of our Busy 2008!!

1/06 : Married my JAAN :)

1/15 : I-130 and I-129F sent to Chicago Lockbox

1/17 : Both petitions received @ Chicago

2/27 : Check cashed & I-130 petition visible on system.

2/29 : Received NOA1's! Notice Date - 2/22/08

5/01 : I-130 APPROVED!!! (But not my I-129F)

5/08 : Got Case # from NVC (received 5/7/08)

5/11 : PAID AOS Fee Online -- I-129F still pending; full speed ahead with I-130!

5/12 : Neetu emailed NVC re: DS-3032 (choice of agent)

5/13 : AOS Status now "PAID" -- AOS PRIORITY MAILED

5/16 : NVC received AOS

5/19 : DS-3032 email accepted & AOS entered in system

5/24 : IV Bill Invoiced and paid online

5/28 : IV Bill status = PAID -- DS-230 EXPRESS MAILED!

5/29 : NVC received DS-230 at 11:01 am

5/30 : DS-230 entered into system

6/03 : CASE COMPLETE - 26 DAYS AFTER NVC RECEIVED I-130

6/10 : Interview scheduled (for 7/9 originally)

6/14 : Interview letter (my copy) received.

6/16 & 6/21 : Medical

7/16 : Interview completed - APPROVED!

7/21 : Neetu picked up passport/brown packet from VFS

7/25 : POE AT EWR!!!

End of Sept: GC received!

At this point, I would call the NVC to ask what's going on - although, technically, it could take weeks for you to get the form so maybe you're still within normal processing time.... Call 603-334-0700 and then follow the prompts (have your NVC # handy) to try to get an automated response regarding what step in the process your case is on right now - that is available 24/7. OR you can call M-F up until 12 midnight EDT and press 1 and then press 5 in hopes to get a live operator to ask about the details.

Since you've already paid for the AOS, I don't know that there's much you can do to speed up this part of the process...

However, you'll get the info you need about the faster online process if you look at lotofpatience's thread on the electronic payment system here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127253

I would suggest you look into the idea of paying for the IV Bill online (it should already be invoiced if the NVC has accepted your choice of agent - which, I guess, is your lawyer) ...

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks VJ rajee for the info..but my question..since we got the choice of agent..will still be ok if we are the one who will call NVC and asked when we will probably get the AOS form..or it will just be our lawyer to do that...I already told my husband to at least call the lawyer and ask about the development of our case..it is ok right that we sometimes ask or folllor up..we try to give all our trust with them but it might help maybe if we will at least remind them about our case..will it not be sound we are getting them in a hurry...Im sure u understand our case as its hard being apart and sometimes its like we do not know how much hope we will spend for this ..its just so depressing..Thank you again Mr. Rajee...Take care...

CR 1 VISA TIMELINE:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.