Natalya-Dmitriy

Pregnant during K1 Visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everybody!

I have a situation where I visited my girlfriend in Ukraine on December 2007, then in January i came back and I filed I-129F for the fiancé visa, and after that I found out she is pregnant. According to current timeline, it looks like she will get NO2 in end of July – beginning of August, but her due date is end of September, so she will not be able to get to US before the birth. Is there a special procedure I should go thru or the child will be given visa after the birth automatically? Also, do I have to report that my fiancée is pregnant? If I do – how and where? Is there a special form to fill out or I can just write a letter? Do I to report it to embassy in Ukraine or to California Service center?

Thank you everyone for your help, I will appreciate it so much!!!

Dmitriy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

As a USC you can Register Birth Abroad of your child abroad at the closest US embassy. In that case your child will get a US passport and no visa needed.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hello everybody!

I have a situation where I visited my girlfriend in Ukraine on December 2007, then in January i came back and I filed I-129F for the fiancé visa, and after that I found out she is pregnant. According to current timeline, it looks like she will get NO2 in end of July – beginning of August, but her due date is end of September, so she will not be able to get to US before the birth. Is there a special procedure I should go thru or the child will be given visa after the birth automatically? Also, do I have to report that my fiancée is pregnant? If I do – how and where? Is there a special form to fill out or I can just write a letter? Do I to report it to embassy in Ukraine or to California Service center?

Dmitriy

Yes we went through that this year. My fiance and I have a 2 year old daughter and she was born here in Mexico, but we were only able to register her until this february at the US Embassy and she recieved her Consular Report of Birth Abroad certificate and her US Passport. So all we are waiting for is the K1 visa and then we can join him in the States and get married. It shouldn´t be a problem.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello everybody!

Dmitriy

Since the child will have a claim to US citizenship based from you, no visa is needed. You will need to file the needed paperwork (report of Birth Abroad) with the consulate and they will issue a US passport.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i have a different questions about being pregnant during the K-1 visa, what if my fiance is 6 months pregnant during the interview ?? can she still be approved and allowed to fly 6 months pregnant ??

I-129F Sent : 05-08-08

VSC Recieved I-129F: 05-10-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 05-20-2008

Check Cleared: 05-23-2008

Touched : 06-26-2008

Touched : 06-27-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 09-12-2008

NVC Received: 09-17-2008

Consulate Received : 10-10-2008

Consulate Mailed Packet to Fiance : 12-18-2008 - PACKET NEVER ARRIVED

Medical Exams In Juarez : 01-15-2009

Consulate Interview : 01-16-2009

Visa Finally Granted : 01-21-2009 - AFTER CONSULATE LOST PASSPORT FOR A FEW DAYS !!!!!!

POE at JFK Airport in New York : 02-01-2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

congratulations to all the pregnant couples!!

and most airplane companies let you fly without any problems till 31 weeks pregnancy (you'll need a doctor's note for that). but you should definitely check before you book, different companies have different policies.

after 31 weeks some still let you fly if your ob/gyn agrees.

good luck

Edited by marash

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i have a different questions about being pregnant during the K-1 visa, what if my fiance is 6 months pregnant during the interview ?? can she still be approved and allowed to fly 6 months pregnant ??

Approval is not your problem... the question will be will the airline allow her to board... that is a question for the individual carrier to answer. I remember something magic about 7 mos pregnant, but don't know if that is a domestic "rule of thumb" or international as well.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:wow: This site is amazing...just when I was not sure what we were going to do,I just needed to come here and read B) . Geraldyn and I are also going to have a BABY :dance::dance: ,The baby is due December 15th-17th but we were getting a little worried because some were saying they would not let her travel, also when we talked this morning before work Geraldyn said she was told the baby would have to have her last name and also that we may have to pull our K-1 get married and apply for a K-3. This was from someone that works at the Manciple Hall in her town :bonk: I told her not to worry and let me go on VJ after work to see if I could find anything out....boy I'm glad I did. Thanks for the info about Registering for Birth Abroad and also about flying while pregnant, it has answered many questions and helped ALLOT.

We thank you and everyone on VJ for being there :yes::thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

With me you did not see that much of the pregnancy and I was wearing a wider jacket.

I flew to US (from Germany) beginning of April and gave birth beginning of June (a couple of years ago). No problem with the flight, they did not even ask!

Wishing everybody luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.