Army_Wife

~ EXPEDITE TIPS ~

83 posts in this topic

That is it basically.

When you have this letter, and the copy of the orders/CO's letter, you write another for the Senator's/Congressman's office, where you basically say the same, and you ask their help for the expedite.

If you do have deployment orders in hand, and you do not want to go via a political channel, you can try calling the military infoline. They have been known to help with such an expedite request (although others have heard a flat-out "no, can't be done", even with orders in hand ...) This way can take longer though.

If you do not have deployment orders, the military helpline will most likely just tell you you cannot expedite (which is incorrect) - so contact the politician's office instead.

Oops, what I forgot to mention: you send everything to the Senator (also the letter for the service center). They should be able to file the expedite for you.

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Thank you for your wonderfull reply, it should help a lot.

I also posted here btw : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...0&start=540

I just told my hubby to come read this thread though that he hates forums hehe.

And yes I come from a VWP country aswell (i'm French), so actually what I fear is to get to an agent who is in a bad mood and tries to make problems out of nothing when I wanna come visit.

I was wondering about one other thing too, some people say if you join photos in your package (and we have a few) it is better that you got them printed with the date on the back, but I dont know where my husband could do that in the US, or if it really has to show the date or that it just is an option. Did I make myself clear ? :P

Actually we have "so much proofs" to send with the photos that it seems the package is gonna be huge :blush: copies of letters, phone bills, pics, plane tickets, train tickets when husband was in France and a few debit card receipt and stuff (not inven including chat logs cuz it is TOO BIG), so well, it is kinda a mess.

Hi,

Glad to help! This deployment thing is hard enough without all this immigration nonsense on top, right? Plus being in the US at least a while before he deploys, will make the adjustment easier on you too. There is also such a thing as 'FRG' (family readiness groups), on post. Every company/battery should have one. Make sure to ask your husband about that. They can help you during deployments (but that has nothing to do with immigration).

Yes I noticed you're French after I posted! I understand you are concerned about the visiting during the process. I frankly was also, but after reading a lot of posts on VJ, I decided to try anyway and it was fine. What you say can happen. If you arm yourself with a lot of proof that you will indeed return, then at least you might feel more relaxed.

About the proof of bona fides relationship, to add to the I-130-application... Check out the guide on VJ, it is pretty good. Also, from what I recall, we did not send all the info we had, along with that application, just a selection. We sent a copy of the deed to our house, copy of his life insurance info, wedding invitation, a selection of photos of our engagement and wedding (no date on any of them - so that is really just an option). Personally, to the Consulate, I took two photo albums with little notes above each different occasion (like "date - we got engaged") etc, but the Consul did not even ask to see any pictures.

It is great you have all that proof, and definitely hang on to it. But try and not send them a truckload of pictures/documents - they have to be able to fit it into their files. A selection would be fine IMO. (though there are probably a gazillion of posts in the Forum about this particular topic. Do check out threads from the past or ask this particular question in a separate thread. Someone will be able to help.)

If you need any more help, let me know.

Bonne chance!

Edited by Catt

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi,

I filled my parents I-130 last month. They are two old people from Iraq who live in Syria and have UN refugee case pending. They can not go back to Iraq and thier health is not very good. Is there a form I can fill out to expedite the process? I have received a receipt notice and their case is pending now.

Please help.

Thanks,

Kadhum

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ser/

10 Aug 09

To: U.S Citizen and Immigration Services, Vermont Service Center

Subj: REQUEST EXPEDITON FORM I129F ICO YOUR NAME HERE,

USN, xxx-xx-xxxx

1. Request Immigration documentation form I129F submitted by YOUR NAME HERE be expedited due to a extrenuous military deployment from January 2010 to August 2010. Our Unit will be away from Homeport: Norfolk, VA at sea during a schedule training cycle with our Amphibious Battle Group. Specific dates are sensitive.

Underway at Sea Periods:

a. Late August – Mid October 2009

b. Late October – Mid November 2009

c. Early December – Mid December 2009

d. Early January – Mid August 2010

2. Member expressed his desire to marry his fiancee before our unit deploys into the combat zone. It is in the best interest of this Command to have member deploy with this unit with a clear mind, focused and ready to defend this country without any added stress.

I strongly support member’s request, I have no dought in my mind your office will help this sailor reunite with his family and young daughter before he deploys and carrying out his orders.

//S//

Commanding Officer

“I authorize release of the above information.”

YOUR NAME HERE

Timeline

This is the letter I am submitting to USCIS tomorrow, i wanted to share this letter in case someone needs this format you can always change it but this is the main idea. I also learn that Vermont doesnt call you like they said they were, i submitted a expedition request and they mailed the request for more information. I called today and they told me to fax it and mail it, without waiting for the letter in the mail.... go figure.

SEE THE POST ABOVE!

Edited by JAIRO1978

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have one question -

What does "compelling interest to uscis" mean? I wasn't able to find any information explaining what qualifies this?

See "About Me" for full timeline.

K3 Interview: 2009-12-16 - Approved

K3 visa in hand: 2009-12-18

POE Newark: 2009-12-20

EAD & AOS Timeline:

Submitted EAD & AOS: 2010-01-22

NOA1 EAD & AOS: 2010-02-02

RFE AOS: 2010-02-10

Biometrics: 2010-02-26

RFE Response Snt: 2010-03-02

RFE Response RCV: 2010-03-11

EAD Approved: 2010-03-30

EAD Received: 2010-04-01

AOS Interview: 2010-04-28

AOS Approved!

Timeline
I have one question -

What does "compelling interest to uscis" mean? I wasn't able to find any information explaining what qualifies this?

well... they denied my expedition request... i will be contacting my senator or congressman... i just found that i will be geting deploy in a humanitarian assignment due to the hurricanes.... here is me helping out the rest of the world but i dont get help from one government entity... go figure... i have not lost any faith so i will be conctating anyone in Govt so they can help me, i dont care if i have to write to our president this is just unsat!.

Timeline
I have one question -

well... they denied my expedition request... i will be contacting my senator or congressman... i just found that i will be geting deploy in a humanitarian assignment due to the hurricanes.... here is me helping out the rest of the world but i dont get help from one government entity... go figure... i have not lost any faith so i will be conctating anyone in Govt so they can help me, i dont care if i have to write to our president this is just unsat!.

Correction they denied my I 129F form but the approved my Expedition request... so i basically have to send the Form again and with more evidence and with another Money order... I dont really care about the Fee...I am sending the request for Expedition once i get the Letter with my receipt number.

I almost cried when i saw the DENIED word....

Hang in there guys we will make it!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.