tbouch

CFO Philippines

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am so confused at this point. I have been told, my fiance has to attend the CFO seminar before she can get her passport in the Philippines. They are also asking for a lot of information from me, including an FBI criminal record check. Can someone tell me where I can find the requirements for the CFO seminar in the Philippines?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the official site

www.cfo.gov.ph

Good luck and God speed

My trip to see my Pangga 664374hddh5drbsw.gif

K-1 Fiancee Visa Process

Service Center..............Vermont Consulate.....................Manila

Event Timeline

I-129F Sent to VSC............................................8-Mar-08

I-129F Received by VSC...................................10-Mar-08

I-129F NOA 1...................................................11-Mar-08

I-129F NOA 2...................................................4 May 2008

NVC letter dated...............................................12 May 2008

Consulate Received..........................................20 May 2008

Called made interview appointment...................21 May 2008

Paid VISA processing fee/validated DS form.......4 June 2008

Paid DELBROS document verification fee.............23 May 2008

Medical Appt.....................................................12 June 2008 (had to have follow on appt on 26 June, day 2 of Medical on 3 July)

Interview Date..................................................To be determined by St Lukes, interview re-scheduled on 11 July

VISA Delivered..................................................18 June 2008 315pm

CFO Seminar.......................................................5 Sep 2008

CFO Registration / stamp......................................5 Sep 2008

POE Washington DC.............................................17 Sep 2008

Wedding..............................................................26 Sep 2008

www.cfo.gov.ph

Good luck and God speed

Yesterday, 03:48 PM Post #1

Group: Members

Filed for: CR-1/IR-1

California Service Center

My Timeline

My Photos

-------------------------------------------------

CFO

REGISTER ONLINE:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/onlineregistrationform.htm

The Commission of Filipinos Overseas (CFO) announces that effective 1 June 2007, attendance to the CFO Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) and Peer Counseling in Manila will be done by appointment. Clients may reserve a schedule through telephone numbers (63-2) 563-1965 and (63-2) 561-8321 local 103, or through website www.cfo.gov.ph

I went to CFO-PRISM this morning to attend the seminar. Jane was there too.

The guard didn't even asked for my ID.

At the second floor. I gave them photocopies of my NBI, BC, MC and passport and they didn't even asked for my ID and the original documents.

S2 - picture taking and filled-up the forms.

S3 - film showing about a lady on fiance visa who went abroad (married a Dutch) after only a month of exchanging correspondence. She was subjected to abuses- making her pose nude at different locations (mountains with snow). Well, she ended up going back here.

USA Room - group discussions. She discussed about what to bring (hand carry), the do's and don'ts of what to bring, differences of visa category and what to do when we get to the US with those visas. How much buggage/luggage allowed. She did not tackle the types of Abuses. Then she gave us a copy of what was discussed (2 pages).

One-on-One Discussion: She just asked about my profession? If I will be working in the US? How I met my husband? Where and when we got married? Citizenship of my husband's ex-wife? That's it!!!! She didn't asks for more documents/info not even my husband's divorce decree. She's nice and chubby and always smiling.

Went back to the viewing room to wait. After about 10 minutes... I have my YELLOW Certificate!!!

Will just go back to CFO for the green certificate and sticker when I get my visa.

At the second floor. I gave them photocopies of my NBI, BC, MC and passport and they didn't even asked for my ID and the original documents.

S3 - film showing about a lady on fiance visa who went abroad (married a Dutch) after only a month of exchanging correspondence. She was subjected to abuses- making her pose nude at different locations (mountains with snow). Well, she ended up going back here.

USA Room - group discussions. She discussed about what to bring (hand carry), the do's and don'ts of what to bring, differences of visa category and what to do when we get to the US with those visas. How much buggage/luggage allowed. She did not tackle the types of Abuses. Then she gave us a copy of what was discussed (2 pages).

One-on-One Discussion: She just asked about my profession? If I will be working in the US? How I met my husband? Where and when we got married? Citizenship of my husband's ex-wife? That's it!!!! She didn't asks for more documents/info not even my husband's divorce decree. She's nice and chubby and always smiling.

Went back to the viewing room to wait. After about 10 minutes... I have my YELLOW Certificate!!!

Will just go back to CFO for the green certificate and sticker when I get my visa.

Requirements for Registration

Original valid passport;

Original and photocopy of visa;

One (1) 2x2 or passport-size photograph;

One (1) valid identification card with photograph;

Original and photocopy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence (for CANADA-bound emigrant);

Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary (for USA bound emigrant);

Original and photocopy of the Embassy Certification of Eligibility (for Spain bound C visa holders);

Original and photocopy of letter of approval for Work to Residence visa (for New Zealand bound emigrants);

Photocopy of employment contract(for immigrant workers);

Duly completed registration form (downloadable at www.cfo.gov.ph);

Payment of P400.00 registration fee ; and

Attendance in the PDOS or peer counseling session;

For children 12 years old and below, the following additional documents are required if the proxy is not the legal/natural/adoptive parent of the registrant.

One(1) valid identification card with photograph of the proxy; and

Special Power of Attorney or notarized authorization letter from the parent/s/ or guardian/s authorizing the proxy to register the minor children.

Note: After satisfactory completion of the requirements, an emigrant registration sticker is affixed to the emigrant's passport

Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar Schedule for Emigrants

(CFO Manila)

Destination Country Day Time

United States of America and other countries Mondays to Fridays 10:00 am - 12:00 nn

2:00 pm - 4:00 pm

CFO Manila

Tel. Nos.: (632) 562-3848,

(632) 561-8321

ext. 104, 105, 201- 203

Fax No.: (632) 561-8332

E-mail Add.: info@cfo.gov.ph;

mieo@cfo.gov.ph

CUBAO:

Saint Mary Euphrasia Foundation

center for overseas workers

good shepherd convent

1043 aurora blvd. qc

TAFT:

Citigold center 1345 president quirino

ave. cor south superhighway manila

your fiancee can get a passport anytime she wants for as long as she has all the basic requirements (nbi, bc, valid id, baptismal record, transcript of record from school... these are the basic requirements)... if ever she'll apply for a passport, tell her not to mention that its for a fiancee/spousal visa thing coz they will surely ask a lot of requirements... just let her say its for "tourist" going to the US or wherever... CFO is important to attend also coz she cant leave the phil w/ out getting one... but for now since she's just applying for a passport, its better not to dwell on a lot of things coz it can really be overwhelming to do a lot of things all at once... let her apply for a passport mainly for a tourist reason... hope this helps and there's no need for her to get all your background check if she's getting a passport for tourist! :thumbs:

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

• 1 month later...

www.cfo.gov.ph

Good luck and God speed

My Timeline

My Photos

CFO

REGISTER ONLINE:

The Commission of Filipinos Overseas (CFO) announces that effective 1 June 2007, attendance to the CFO Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) and Peer Counseling in Manila will be done by appointment. Clients may reserve a schedule through telephone numbers (63-2) 563-1965 and (63-2) 561-8321 local 103, or through website www.cfo.gov.ph

Original valid passport;

Original and photocopy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence (for CANADA-bound emigrant);

Original and photocopy of the Embassy Certification of Eligibility (for Spain bound C visa holders);

Original and photocopy of letter of approval for Work to Residence visa (for New Zealand bound emigrants);

For children 12 years old and below, the following additional documents are required if the proxy is not the legal/natural/adoptive parent of the registrant.

Special Power of Attorney or notarized authorization letter from the parent/s/ or guardian/s authorizing the proxy to register the minor children.

Note: After satisfactory completion of the requirements, an emigrant registration sticker is affixed to the emigrant's passport

(CFO Manila)

United States of America and other countries Mondays to Fridays 10:00 am - 12:00 nn

CFO Manila

(632) 561-8321

ext. 104, 105, 201- 203

mieo@cfo.gov.ph

CUBAO:

good shepherd convent

1043 aurora blvd. qc

TAFT:

just want to ask where to get this for CFO...Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary (for USA bound emigrant);

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

FYI - If you have the extra cash, it's a tad easier and faster to obtain a passport via a travel agency because they do all the leg work for you.

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi tbouch,

Yes it is true. Since she is a "first time applicant" to get a passport she will be asked to attend first the CFO (Commission of Filipinos Overseas) seminar which is the Guidance and Counseling Program conducted by PRISM (People's Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization, Inc.). After the seminar she will be issued 2 papers , the certificate paper and attendance paper:

1. color yellow paper (Guidance and Counseling Certificate of Attendance)-this is the one that the DFA looks for. She will need only to submit the photo copy but bring the original copy as the DFA personnel will ask to see the original)

PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR FIRST TIME APPLICANTS

4. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS

C. For fiancees and spouses of foreign nationals

* Original and photocopy of Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) Guidance and Counseling Certificate of Attendance.

2. light-green paper (Guidance and Counseling Certificate) - this is the one that needs to be presented at POE (when she travel to USA already)

Also, when she is done with this seminar already, no need for her anymore to attend the P/DOS (Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar) because this is already it, it's the same. Once she receives her visa she will only need to go back again to the CFO for "stamping to her passport of "CFO sticker".

Shape

I am so confused at this point. I have been told, my fiance has to attend the CFO seminar before she can get her passport in the Philippines. They are also asking for a lot of information from me, including an FBI criminal record check. Can someone tell me where I can find the requirements for the CFO seminar in the Philippines?
Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

Timeline

Instructions at CFO website is too complicated, it's not hard when doing it in actual.

Just tell her to attend the seminar herself and bring the necessary documents and she will be fine. I think it would be better if you won't come with her during the seminar, so to avoid you being interrogated with the people from their office. ;)

Timeline

(Since she will attend the seminar for her to Apply a passport.)

necessary documents for your fiance to bring are:

copy of NSO birth certificate

copy of NBI clearance

valid id

seminar fee P250

certificate fee P400

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

Filed: Timeline

Sheriff Uling is right, use travel agency to get your fiancee's passport. I used one last year (travel agency in the Mall) I paid twice but it was alot faster. My appearance in DFA only took 15 minutes or less... I put tourist/travel (I think) for my passport purpose. They didn't ask any background check, CFO whatsoever. Just find travel agency and tell them that you need a passport, provide all the documents that they need (BC, NBI, photocopy of 2 valid ID etc) and P1,500. You will gonna have it in less than a month.

Timeline

Sheriff Uling is right, use travel agency to get your fiancee's passport. I used one last year (travel agency in the Mall) I paid twice but it was alot faster. My appearance in DFA only took 15 minutes or less... I put tourist/travel (I think) for my passport purpose. They didn't ask any background check, CFO whatsoever. Just find travel agency and tell them that you need a passport, provide all the documents that they need (BC, NBI, photocopy of 2 valid ID etc) and P1,500. You will gonna have it in less than a month.

Still, she will still need to attend the CFO seminar before she leaves the country if she didn't attend the seminar before she gets the passport.

Filed: Timeline

Still, she will still need to attend the CFO seminar before she leaves the country if she didn't attend the seminar before she gets the passport.

Yup! :yes:

Hi there.When I applied for a passport last February,they didnt ask for CFO.I didnt go to CFO.I just showed them my ID's,NBI,NSO BC,passport pics and thats all.

N-400 Naturalization

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

just want to ask where to get this for CFO...Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary (for USA bound emigrant),it says on the website,its one of the requirements.

N-400 Naturalization

www.cfo.gov.ph

Good luck and God speed

My Timeline

My Photos

CFO

REGISTER ONLINE:

Original valid passport;

(CFO Manila)

CFO Manila

(632) 561-8321

ext. 104, 105, 201- 203

mieo@cfo.gov.ph

CUBAO:

good shepherd convent

1043 aurora blvd. qc

TAFT:

so did you have to attend two seminar?? PDOS and PRISM?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.