✿Ice Rain✿

WITNESS AFFIDAVITS

128 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

This is the format and body of our Witness Affidavits that we enclosed to our IR-130 petition (spouse), I hope this help you guys.

-Shape

as the instruction said:Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage);

REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES)

RTC, BRANCH 72 )

__________ CITY )S.S.

WITNESS AFFIDAVIT

I, presiding judge's name of legal age, born on judge's birthdate in judge's birthplace, married, Filipino citizen, and a resident of judge's present address Philippines, after having been duly sworn in accordance with law, do hereby depose and state:

That I personally knew very well that petitioner's name legally married

beneficiary's name on date of marriage held in place and country of marriage;

That I knew these facts because I was the judge presided over the marriage ofpetitioner and beneficiary;

That I am executing this affidavit to attest to the truth of the foregoing facts and for whatever legal purpose it may serve.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto affixed my signature this ___ day of September, 2007 at ________City Philippines.

judge's name

Affiant

SUSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me this ___ day of _____________________, affiant exhibiting to me her Community Tax Certificate No. _____________ issued at _________________________ on _____________________.

Doc. No.__________:

Page No.__________:

Book No.__________:

Series of 2007.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

PARENT WITNESS AFFIDAVIT

I, my father's complete name, of legal age, born on _______ in _________ Philippines, married, Filipino citizen, and a resident of ____________ Philippines, after having been duly sworn in accordance with law, do hereby depose and state:

That petitioner's name is my son-in-law;

That I personally knew very well that ___________ legally married my daughter _____________ on _______ held in ______ City Philippines;

That I knew these facts very well because I was personally present at the wedding and I witnessed the wedding ceremony of JB and SHAPE;

That I am executing this affidavit to attest to the truth of the foregoing facts and for whatever legal purpose it may serve.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto affixed my signature this 2nd day of September, 2007 at _______Philippines.

my father's name

Affiant

SUSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me this ___ day of _____________________, affiant exhibiting to me his Community Tax Certificate No. 04692814 issued at Morong, Bataan Philippines on 5th of January 2007.

Doc. No.__________:

Page No.__________:

Book No.__________:

Series of 2007.

Timeline

We have 7 witness affidavits submitted, each affidavit has only one affiant.

Afifiants are :

Judge

my father

my mother

my uncle 1

my uncle 2

my aunt 1

my aunt 2

Timeline
maraming maraming salamat shape :D

as you requested Belay, there it is. you're welcome. hehe.

This is brilliant Shape, and should be really helpful :star:

Thanks SarahJayne. :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Personally, I consider the affidavits described to be totally useless and of no assistance whatsoever. The affiants offer no information about the bona fides of the relationship. They only attest that an official wedding took place. That's what the official marriage certificate does.

If you supply afficavits, they should attest to the bona fides of the relationship not the validity of the legal marriage. They would contain statements as to what has been observed about the relationship. Statements indicating the affiant has observed the evolution of the relationship, maybe double dateed, or observed the couple together on multiple occasions, saw the passionate kiss at the conclusion of the ceremony, helped them move into their new home together, provided pre-marital counselling etc.

Many newlyweds just cannot provide any such evidence and I've seen nothing to indicate USCIS wants affidavits that swear to being at a wedding, a party afterwards where the couple seemed eager to start the honeymoon or where the best man slept in the adjoining hotel room and swears to hearing the headboard banging.

There's a whole thread I started here months ago where many report they submitted absolutely none of the "should include on or more of the following..." items and were approved with flying colors.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=77987&hl=

People with scam marriages can prove they got married.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thank you Pushbrk,

I have posted here the sample of the witness affidavits we attached in our IR-130 as a personal request of some friends here whom wanting to have an affidavit also, is why i posted this.

I have checked the link you gave, and from 1 to 4, we don't have any of those, is why what we attached is the item in number 5. which is the affidavits, and we included our "marriage license" also. That's all we enclosed with our IR-130 , no wedding pics as well, just the passport size photos of me and my husband.

Sincerely,

Shape

Personally, I consider the affidavits described to be totally useless and of no assistance whatsoever. The affiants offer no information about the bona fides of the relationship. They only attest that an official wedding took place. That's what the official marriage certificate does.

If you supply afficavits, they should attest to the bona fides of the relationship not the validity of the legal marriage. They would contain statements as to what has been observed about the relationship. Statements indicating the affiant has observed the evolution of the relationship, maybe double dateed, or observed the couple together on multiple occasions, saw the passionate kiss at the conclusion of the ceremony, helped them move into their new home together, provided pre-marital counselling etc.

Many newlyweds just cannot provide any such evidence and I've seen nothing to indicate USCIS wants affidavits that swear to being at a wedding, a party afterwards where the couple seemed eager to start the honeymoon or where the best man slept in the adjoining hotel room and swears to hearing the headboard banging.

There's a whole thread I started here months ago where many report they submitted absolutely none of the "should include on or more of the following..." items and were approved with flying colors.

Timeline

Yes, affidavits as proof of the bonafide of our marital relationship, and the Marriage certificate as proof of the validity of our legal marriage.

Timeline
Thank you Pushbrk,

I have posted here the sample of the witness affidavits we attached in our IR-130 as a personal request of some friends here whom wanting to have an affidavit also, is why i posted this.

I have checked the link you gave, and from 1 to 4, we don't have any of those, is why what we attached is the item in number 5. which is the affidavits, and we included our "marriage license" also. That's all we enclosed with our IR-130 , no wedding pics as well, just the passport size photos of me and my husband.

Sincerely,

Shape

I understand. Do you? Your affidavits don't attest to the bona fides of the marriage relationship. Hopefully you submitted a marriage certificate not just a marriage license. A marriage certificate is all the evidence you need that you both "got married" and that your "marriage" was duly recorded with the appropriate government entity registering the "marriage". A marriage license only shows evidence you took care of the preliminaries.

The purpose of my post is to inform the readers your affidavits serve only as examples of what NOT to do. I don't know how I can be more clear about that.

Number 5 states the following...

5) Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

Please note the keyword "relationship" and avoid confusing the meaning of "marriage" with "wedding" or "ceremony".

The format of your affidavits is a great example. The content is all wrong.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes I believe these affidavits are helpful. At least in our case they were helpful. all the best to you Shape.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Timeline

I do understand, Yes we did include the Marriage certificate. Our affidavits , we considered only as secondary documents since we didnt have those listed in number 1 to 4 .

here's the complete documents attached in our IR-130:

Documents attached to our IR-130 application (CR1)

1.filled up form 130 (2 pages)

2.filled up form G-325A of my husband (4 copies)

3.filled up form G-325A of me (4 copies)

4.xerox copy of my husband's passport

5.xerox copy of my husband's birth certificate

6.Original NSO marriage certificate

7.Witness affidavits signed and notarized (7 copies)

8. 1 pc. passport size picture of my husband

9. 1 pc. passport size picture of me

10. check amounting $355.00 (Payable to the Department of Homeland Security)

11. xerox copy of our Marriage license (1 copy)

Timeline
I do understand, Yes we did include the Marriage certificate. Our affidavits , we considered only as secondary documents since we didnt have those listed in number 1 to 4 .

here's the complete documents attached in our IR-130:

Documents attached to our IR-130 application (CR1)

1.filled up form 130 (2 pages)

2.filled up form G-325A of my husband (4 copies)

3.filled up form G-325A of me (4 copies)

4.xerox copy of my husband's passport

5.xerox copy of my husband's birth certificate

6.Original NSO marriage certificate

7.Witness affidavits signed and notarized (7 copies)

8. 1 pc. passport size picture of my husband

9. 1 pc. passport size picture of me

10. check amounting $355.00 (Payable to the Department of Homeland Security)

11. xerox copy of our Marriage license (1 copy)

I'm sure your documentation on the whole is just fine. I'm just saying the content of your affidavits is useless because they say nothing about your relationship. Others would be wise to use only the format and not the content as an example of what to do.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

This is just to clarify, we submitted as;

PRIMARY DOCUMENT- Marriage Certificate

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS - Affidavits, and Marriage license.

NONE-1) Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

NONE-2) A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

NONE-3) Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

NONE-4) Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

We provided this -5) Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

We provided MARRIAGE License as -6) Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

Timeline
This is just to clarify, we submitted as;

PRIMARY DOCUMENT- Marriage Certificate

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS - Affidavits, and Marriage license.

NONE-1) Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

NONE-2) A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

NONE-3) Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

NONE-4) Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

We provided this -5) Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

We provided MARRIAGE License as -6) Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

I guess I'm not being clear enough afterall. You did not submit item 5 as described because your affidavits say nothing about the bona fides of your marital relationship. They only speak of your wedding.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.