mary_rose

FILING OF CRBA FOR A CHILD BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK W/ A U.S. CITIZEN FATHER

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HI TO ALL! I REALLY NEED SOME ANWERS TO MY QUESTIONS...IM ANN FROM LIVING HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES, I HAVE A CHATMATE FROM THE U.S. A FILIPINO U.S. NAVY, HE WENT HERE MAY 5, 2005 AND STAYED FOR 1 MONTH...WE STAYED TOGETHER AND HE FILED FOR FIANCE VISA BUT IT WAS DENIED...WHEN HE WENT BACK TO THE U.S. I DISCOVERD I WAS PREGNANT..SINCE THEN HE IS SUPPORTING ME UNTIL NOW(FINANCIALLY)..BUT HE IS MARRIED NOW TO ANOTHER WOMAN( U KNOW NAVY MEN!)...NOW, WE STILL COMMUNICATE AND HE WANTED TO GET A CRBA FOR OUR CHILD...OUR BABY WAS BORN JANUARY 17 2006...HE NEVER SAW THE BABY INPERSON BUT HE SAW THE PICTURES AND I MAILED HIM THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE..HE SIGNED THE B.C. AND NOTARIZED IT...THEN MAILED IT BACK TO ME...THE BABY IS CARRYING HIS FAMILY NAME...HIS PARENTS ( U.S. CITIZEN TOO) VISITED THEIR GRANDCHILD HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES..AFTER THAT VISIT OF HIS PARENTS HE STARTED COMMUNICATING WITH ME AND WE AGREED THAT WE WILL FILE FOR CRBA..HE MAILED ME THE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING HIS U.S. PASSPORT...MY QUESTIONS ARE

1.) IS IT POSSIBLE TO FILE FOR CRBA IN OUR CASE? EVEN WE ARE NOT MARRIED AND NOW HE IS MARRIED TO OTHER WOMAN?

2.) IS HIS MARRIAGE LICENSE NEEDED ALSO IN D REQUIREMENTS EVEN WER NOT D ONE MARRIED?

3.) DO I NEED HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE TOO? HE WAS BORN HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES..(ALL HE HAS FOR PROOF OF U..S CITIZENSHIP IS HIS U.S PASSPORT IS IT ENOUGH? AND HIS PAPERS IN THE U.S. NAVY..

4.) IS IT OK THAT MY DAUGHTER AND HIS FATHER HAVNT MET INPERSON ONLY IN PICTURES AND IN WEBCAM? BUT HIS PARENTS SAW MY DAUGHTER..THEY HAVE PICTURE 2GETHER...

5.) IS IT OK THAT AT THE TIME MY BABY WAS BORN HIS FATHER WAS IN THE U.S.?

I KEPT ALL OUR EMAILS BEFORE ALL PROOFS OF OUR RELATIONSHIPS I KNOW IT S NEEDED..

6.) U THINK OUR DAUGHTER WILL HAVE A GOOD CHANCE? TO HAVE CRBA?

7.) AND IF HE IS A U.S. CITIZEN ALREADY DOES SHE NEEDS TO PAY SOME TAXES OR NOT?

THANKS TO ALL HOPE U WILL REPLY TO ME...NEED HELP! Godbless!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

as long as he acknowledge your baby you can file CRBA,,,,my fiance and i are not married yet but my son now is a U.S CITIZEN,he have a U.S passport already...theres possibility the consul gona request DNA TEST for your baby and the father,,,,i have a lot of friend same situation to you and there kids now is all U.S CITIZEN now....your baby have 100%chance

lifequotes1.gif

AOS-EAD-AP TIMELINE

November 04,2008-Sent AOS package

November 17,2008-NOA date

November 21,2008-recieved NOA hard copy by mail

November 24,2008-Biometrics appt.letter recieved by mail (December 17,2008 -Biometrics Appt.)

November 26,2008- AOS touched (got emailed from CRIS)RFE on AOS

December 09,2008-RFE sent

January 8,2009 -AP approved

January 9,2009-EAD approved(status card production ordered)

January 15,2009- AP in the mailbox

February 14,2009 - EAD card in the mailbox..THANKS GOD..finally...

March 5,2009 - INTERVIEW AOS ( 1:30PM)

April 13,2009-welcome letter in the mailbox....

April 17,2009-GC recieved..Thank u LORD...

JEGO RYU CRBA

Sept.20,2007-sent papers to embassy

Jan.4,2008- USEMBASSY recieved the DNA test result"""'"acquired U.S citizenship"

Jan.15,2008-recieved my son U.S passport and certificate(delivered by fedex

K1

Dec. 14,2007-sent pet.CSC

MAY 1,2008---NOA2 in email(THANKS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

July 7,2008-INTERVIEW

August 28,2008-FLIGHT(POE-HONOLULU,HAWAII)with my fiance and our son..THANK U GOD....

Sept,24,2008-got married

christian11.gif

as long as he acknowledge your baby you can file CRBA,,,,my fiance and i are not married yet but my son now is a U.S CITIZEN,he have a U.S passport already...theres possibility the consul gona request DNA TEST for your baby and the father,,,,i have a lot of friend same situation to you and there kids now is all U.S CITIZEN now....your baby have 100%chance

[/quote

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there. I'm going thru the same situation once my baby's born in August. The only difference is that my fiance and I are still together but we have to go thru K1 process all over again since I came back here in the Philippines.

Shai

mami and dada's little baba...

dev238pp___.png

• 1 month later...

hello to all, i'm rowena and im still here in the philippines, im married since march 2006, my husband is an american and he's living in usa..we have a son who will be two years old by the end of the month and we are planning on filing for his crba..im just wondering what is the percentage of him undergoing a dna test..and how much is the test?i got pregnant on his first visit here in the philippines and he came back three months after his first vacation and when we get married on his second visit i am already 3months pregnant..that means i got pregnant out of pregnancy..what is the percentage that my son will take a dna test cuz his concieved out of marriage..and what if my husband will be present on the day of crba interview does my son still need to take dna test?help please..im getting confuse on the requirements and rules of getting my son his citizenship

thanks to everyone

hello to all, i'm rowena and im still here in the philippines, im married since march 2006, my husband is an american and he's living in usa..we have a son who will be two years old by the end of the month and we are planning on filing for his crba..im just wondering what is the percentage of him undergoing a dna test..and how much is the test?i got pregnant on his first visit here in the philippines and he came back three months after his first vacation and when we get married on his second visit i am already 3months pregnant..that means i got pregnant out of pregnancy..what is the percentage that my son will take a dna test cuz his concieved out of marriage..and what if my husband will be present on the day of crba interview does my son still need to take dna test?help please..im getting confuse on the requirements and rules of getting my son his citizenship

thanks to everyone

Hi there rowee,

Me and my fiancee has a 2 years old daughter and we are on CRBA for our daughter.My daughter's appointment at the Embassy is on July 24th.Is ur hubby is with u???My fiancee is not here and I will be the one to be with my daughter at the embassy.You just need to order the forms at ACS-FedEx number is 02-879-4747

Then if ur hubby is in the U.S. you have to send all the forms to him and he will fill it up and sign and complete the other requirements..its in the requirements list,once he read it,he knows what to to and prepare then he have to send it all to you.Keep ur pregnancy records,pictures,proof of ur relationship coz u will need to send it along the completed forms and supporting documents for ur son.Once you have prepared it already..call the number I gave above and tell them that you are ready for pick up the documents and the FedEx courier will come in ur house to get it and they will be the one to deliver it at the U.S. Embassy.Then ACS will call you when they receive it or after they review ur son's application for the appointment date.

Good luck!!!

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Btw,about the DNA test.The Consul will only request for that if he/she is not satisfy on the documents u will submit.Most likely,they want more proof of relationship of parents prior to the conception of the baby.So much better,send all the proofs u have.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi bluemist!

We are currently in the process of CRBA application. About the notarized copies of US Passport - I wanted to ask how much the cost is to have this done.

Will they make us pay for each passport page? Each photocopy page? Or will we pay one payment for the entire notarial service (regardless of how many pages/passports)?

Thanks!!

Poopits

HI TO ALL! I REALLY NEED SOME ANWERS TO MY QUESTIONS...IM ANN FROM LIVING HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES, I HAVE A CHATMATE FROM THE U.S. A FILIPINO U.S. NAVY, HE WENT HERE MAY 5, 2005 AND STAYED FOR 1 MONTH...WE STAYED TOGETHER AND HE FILED FOR FIANCE VISA BUT IT WAS DENIED...WHEN HE WENT BACK TO THE U.S. I DISCOVERD I WAS PREGNANT..SINCE THEN HE IS SUPPORTING ME UNTIL NOW(FINANCIALLY)..BUT HE IS MARRIED NOW TO ANOTHER WOMAN( U KNOW NAVY MEN!)...NOW, WE STILL COMMUNICATE AND HE WANTED TO GET A CRBA FOR OUR CHILD...OUR BABY WAS BORN JANUARY 17 2006...HE NEVER SAW THE BABY INPERSON BUT HE SAW THE PICTURES AND I MAILED HIM THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE..HE SIGNED THE B.C. AND NOTARIZED IT...THEN MAILED IT BACK TO ME...THE BABY IS CARRYING HIS FAMILY NAME...HIS PARENTS ( U.S. CITIZEN TOO) VISITED THEIR GRANDCHILD HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES..AFTER THAT VISIT OF HIS PARENTS HE STARTED COMMUNICATING WITH ME AND WE AGREED THAT WE WILL FILE FOR CRBA..HE MAILED ME THE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING HIS U.S. PASSPORT...MY QUESTIONS ARE

1.) IS IT POSSIBLE TO FILE FOR CRBA IN OUR CASE? EVEN WE ARE NOT MARRIED AND NOW HE IS MARRIED TO OTHER WOMAN?

2.) IS HIS MARRIAGE LICENSE NEEDED ALSO IN D REQUIREMENTS EVEN WER NOT D ONE MARRIED?

3.) DO I NEED HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE TOO? HE WAS BORN HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES..(ALL HE HAS FOR PROOF OF U..S CITIZENSHIP IS HIS U.S PASSPORT IS IT ENOUGH? AND HIS PAPERS IN THE U.S. NAVY..

4.) IS IT OK THAT MY DAUGHTER AND HIS FATHER HAVNT MET INPERSON ONLY IN PICTURES AND IN WEBCAM? BUT HIS PARENTS SAW MY DAUGHTER..THEY HAVE PICTURE 2GETHER...

I KEPT ALL OUR EMAILS BEFORE ALL PROOFS OF OUR RELATIONSHIPS I KNOW IT S NEEDED..

7.) AND IF HE IS A U.S. CITIZEN ALREADY DOES SHE NEEDS TO PAY SOME TAXES OR NOT?

Consular Report Of Birth Abroad U.S. Embassy In Manila

Embassy of the United States of America, Manila: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html

You as the U.S. Citizen must read this link, If your documentation is poor you will be ask to submit DNA testing: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html#dna

U.S. Passport Application Form: http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds11/ds11_842.html

Application For Consular Report Of Birth Abroad Of A Citizen Of The United States

Americahttp://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html#Report

INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONSULAR REPORT OF BIRTH ABROAD OF A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfinst.pdf

This was my experience with the process at the US Embassy in Manila.

I recommend that the US Parent be at the interview. Both my wife and I was present .

Application are accommodated by appointment only. When I was in the PI I did mine as a drop in case with my daughter because of time constraint and got the interview four days later. Can’t say that it will work for everyone.

9) of instructions, is what seems to be the main emphasis and area of concern and investigation.

One thing for you to be concerned is For out of wedlock children But I must emphasize all of the documentary evidence on part 9

For me the main things they looked at was physical presence in the same location at applicant’s time of conception, ultrasound and pre-natal care records, they never ask for pictures or looked at the one‘s I submitted.” but never say never”

They talked a lot about DNA and my case was bullet proof so just be prepared.

Don’t forget you have to bring the child with you they want to see him/her.

This is my list of documents that I submitted to the US embassy in Manila for CRBA.

DS-2029 with 2”x 2” full face passport photo. (child)

NSO true copy birth Cert. (child)

Passport application. (child)

Proof of parent US citizenship.

1) US passport.

2) True copy of live birth cert. with original seal of vital records office. A must have!

3)High School transcript ..(Yeah funny, but I’ll tell you more about it later it’s not a joke)

4)True copy of NSO Marriage cert.

5) Proof of physical presence in same location at time of conception. Airline tickets, copy of visa stamps.

6) Proof of mothers pregnancy, ultrasound, pre-natal records, hospital billing statements, and pictures.

Now about the school transcript you as a US citizen have to prove you are a citizen, you have to show that you have been living in the US for 5 years in a row….. They will not take your tax returns as proof, I can tell you why but I don’t want to write a small book about it. When you give them your school transcript they take them with out a word…Had her US passport and CRBA cert. in about 10 days at my wife’s home. PI.

Good Luck!

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Am I reading this wrong, the Father of the Child is married to someone else....

So even if the child get US Citizenship....the Child can possible go to USA....but not the mother...right or wrong?

Am i assuming wrong that the child cannot file any paperwork until he/she is 18 years old to get the mother to USA?

Someone please clarify because I am confused about this too...

Edited by ErosandSally

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So even if the child get US Citizenship....the Child can possible go to USA....but not the mother...right or wrong?

Am i assuming wrong that the child cannot file any paperwork until he/she is 18 years old to get the mother to USA?

No not reading it wrong, right, yes

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As long as the father is a USC and acknowledges/agrees, and signed the bith-certificate, the child is entitled to have a us passport.

JNR

1. yes, it is possible.

2. just follow all the requirements in applying crba.

3. bring all documents that can prove that the guy is supporting your child. documents that prove that the guy went in the philippines like a copy of his arrival stamp and departure stamp that can be found in his passport.

4. most likely, you will be requested to have your child a dna test.

5. if she will be granted a crba and us passport, you have to register her in philippine immigration in intramuros and you will have to pay annually for her stay in the philippines.

Someone please clarify because I am confused about this too...

You are right the father can apply for CRBA, but the mother will need a visa. to enter the US. As for the child he she will need to be 21 if i'm not mistaken to file for the mother.

As long as the father is a USC and acknowledges/agrees, and signed the bith-certificate, the child is entitled to have a us passport.

The father has to prove the child is his, by just signing the birth cert. will not entitle the child a CRBA cert. or US passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.