Hitman

Packet 3 / BMB Case Number New Delhi & Mumbai

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Filed I-130 in New Delhi on Feb 14, 08 for my husband. They gave me packet 3 and instuctions (Copy) when filing as DCF. And also they said Mumbai Consulate are going to mail Packet 3 (Includes BMB case #???) within 45 days. This hasnt happen so i emailed and called New Delhi. They replied stating the file is approved and mailed to Mumbai on Feb 24, 2008. Mumbai has not send any letter or notification of any kind. It might be stuck in the mail (India couriers..jeezzz).

Questions:

1) Do they really mail in BMB case letter with Packet 3?

2) How do i obtain this BMB case #.

3) What do i have to send in with Packet 3? Many people are saying to just simply mail your Packet 3 (Download and mail). But in packet 3, there is a DS-2001 form which needs a Case Number order to obtain visa interview.

4) Can someone please help me out, so stressed out about this processes. I have called Mumbai

(91-22) 2363-3611 and 011+91+222+3637+407 (Main # for contact. It either rings, busy, machine talking but no one answers, no pointing having a # then).

Anyways please help me to move the process. I have called NVC (Portsmouth, NH) they told me to call them. It goes in circles..help ideas about BMB #.????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

How about having someone in the USA call DOS Visa services and inquire about the status of the case. DOS Visa services handles info from the consulates, NVC in Portsmouth tends to be the interface between USCIS in the USA to DOS and the consulates.

http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Great! Thank you sir. I live in US. I am calling them rite now as we speak. Thank you for your fast reply.

How does New Delhi sends it to Mumbai and not give us a BMB #. you know what i mean. Their process is never clear.

BMB Numbers are assigned by NVC, so in your case there may be an internal number different that that because the case was filed DCF.

The packet directions tend to be written for petitions filed in the USA at USCIS and then work their way through NVC where they are assigned case numbers.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hi Hitman,

I am not sure about Mumbai, but with Chennai, the fastest and most efficient way to get a response is via email. They have always replied back within a day or two. We actually sent the DS 2001 to Chennai without a case number (we filed on Feb. 6th and got really impatient!) and then emailed them saying that we had just gotten the letter with the case number - they said no problem.

For us (again, every Consulate seems to be different!), the Packet 3 was simply the DS 230 (Parts I and II) and the DS 2001. It would probably be a good idea to check on the Mumbai Consulate website and see what they say.

Good luck, keep us posted!

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Submitted I-130 in Delhi February 6, 2008 NOA1

Sent DS 230, DS 2001 to Chennai via courier Feb. 21, 2008

Received Case number from Chennai Consulate Feb. 22, 2008 (Postmarked Feb. 13)

Received Email Confirmation of Interview Date on March 5th: April 3rd!

SUCCESS - VISA APPROVED ON APRIL 3RD!! :) :)

POE Detroit - May 19, 2008

Applied for SSN: June 5th - Received Card: June 12th

Received Green Gard: June 12th

Driver's License: July 28th

Move to St. Louis/Ritesh starts his job: August 5th

Timeline

Thank you guys for replying back so quickly. You guys have answered tons of my questions rather than the US or Indian Officials. You received your Case # the day after you mailed in your DS230 I & II, DS 2001. Thats weird. I called 202-663-1225 (http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa) and they needed a case # and i am like dude thats the reason i am calling you for. So they like call New Delhi Home land Security office where you filed it at and so she gave me a new number (011911124198154) Anyone recoginze it? I will try calling that number tonite (India- days). I really want to thank you each one of you guys that are concerned about other people's issues. My husband is in train (8 hrs) to go to Mumbai office to get a damn CASE # (BMB). Worth of shot. any suggestions on obtaining at the office in mumbai?

Timeline

Want to hear something funny! Well here how it goes.

My husband goes to Mumbai office around 8am and askes the guy for packet 3 with CASE #, so the guy at the window gives him all the information.

He fills out DS230 Part I and Applicant Statement, goes to the counter again and hands in. The counter personnel tears the paper and gives them the Interview Date with Packet 4. Now we got to deal with Packet 4 specific ways.

Bottom line, never rely on Indian POST Offices. You have 20 % of getting your mail from consulates. lol

Congratulations Hitman - it must be a relief to have that date!!! When is it? :) I agree about the post, I couldn't quite figure out why it took 10 days to get the interview letter from Chennai to B-lore - it takes that long to get here from the US!?!

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Timeline

10 days ummm like i said its the POST OFFICE in India. Picking it up and dropping things off or picking up at the Embassys works the best. Traveling sux but its worth it. The date is April 22nd 2008 at 7:30am. We are currently working on Packet 4 now. I have gotten the Affidavit Support (I-864, I-864A (2)) all ready now. Any suggestion or process of getting everything organized and mailing properly thru VFS office in Ahemedabad? Thanks again for helping me and supporting with any ideas.

The VFS people will re-organize anything you put together - just have all the required docs. and they will go through them in about 10 minutes! (Make sure you have copies of everything for yourself as well as the copies of things like birth certs that they require, even with VFS, it is better to be safe than sorry!) Good luck, let us know how things progress!

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Timeline

Thank you very much for the reply. You are right I will put them together as they are required. We made sure we have like 3 copies of everything just incase of loss of documents. The only thing my husband wont have is my ORIGINAL divorce paper. I am in US now. He has a copy of it. I dont think they need my previous divorce papers. I think they meant to say his divorce papers. He never gotten divorce before because its his first marraige. Is this gonna be a problem? Whats your opinion.

Thanks again! you rock! Time is running out!

If you can DHL the divorce papers, it would probably be a good thing - they like to see originals and then keep a copy. For the interview, you can gurantee they will ask about it, make sure he is comfortable with ALL those details and that he responds to questions confidently. One thing that we noticed is that if ALL the docs are in order, and you keep your facts straight in your answers, there is not a problem in the interview. :)

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Timeline

Wow! Well my husband is going to the VFS in 10 hours to finilize all the document and VFS will mail accordingly. If they ask for my divorce papers then we will mail it to him and he will take it with him on the Appoitment date (April 22). I pretty sure that would work out.! Do you think the VFS is gonna give him trouble about it?

How is your process going? Is everything done for you? Lets hope everything is good with you and everyone else.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.