aussiewench

Time Savers for NVC, plus Knowing your Case #

338 posts in this topic

My mother is a green card holder, she filed for my brother n I on march 30,2011. The case was approved by uscis but uscis sent the case to NVC bc they said we r not eligible to adjust our status in the US.

So this case is complicated bc my brother n I r here in the US and we have tried calling NVC to send the case back to USCIS but NVC said uscis has to request the case, then uscis says no, send a letter to NVC so then can send us 'uscis' the file. Our I-94 have already expired and my brother has received 2 days ago the DS form but my mother doesn't want to act yet bc she wants the case to b process here in the US.

At this point idk what to do my mother doesn't want us to go back to our country to get our cases process by the consulate when we r already here.

What can we do at this point. Pls I would appreciate your response.

I don't think this is the right thread for you to post here, and as I have already seen, you started a new topic with this same question...

I'm sure most of us would like to stay/be in the U.S while our case's are being processed and be with our loved ones, but not all of us can..I understand that you don't want to go back home, but it looks like you have too, if you want to do the process in the correct way.

29/7/2010 - Married.

USCIS

9/11/2011 - I-130 Sent.

16/11/2011 - NOA 1.

26/4/2012 - NOA2.

162 DAYS.

NVC

7/5/2012 - NVC recieved case.

23/5/2012 - NVC Case Number.

31/5/2012 - A.O.S Paid. (Only due to other expenses)

15/6/2012 - IV Paid. (Only due to other expenses)

18/6/2012 - A.O.S & IV Packs sent to NVC.

9/7/2012 - A.O.S & IV Packs re-sent to NVC (No thanks to the courier...)

24/7/2012 - Checklist recieved. (They actually have everything they need)

25/7/2012 - CASE COMPLETE AT THE NVC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01/08/2012 - Case left NVC, Recieved Interview Email!!!

79 Days (Including weekends)

7/6/2012 - Medical (London)

24/09/2012 - Interview (London Embassy) CHANGED BY EMBASSY.

10/09/2012 - Interview. APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14/09/2012 - Passport and Documents returned to me via courier.

28/09/2012 - Flights booked for Anchorage, AK!!!!!!!!!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi, I submit all doc and paid fees to nvc. my priority date is 16 jan 2002. my case no is under F4 catagory bmb2009****46. as per VO cut of date is 1 dec 2000. my question is case no next to my one (48) get appointment date buy i can not. as per their defination case no means bmb = bombay consulate, next three no are which day of year issue case no and last three no means no of your case that day. so bmb2009 and same day issue and case no next to me get visa. so is it possible that his/her priority date is before 1 dec 2000. and nvc issue case on date of mine? lots of case no issue by NVC on year 2011 and 2012 get visa call. so uscis send case late to nvc? pls some tell how it is possible.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I tried calling number 630-334-0700 but instaed of automated 24 hours number it turned out to be operator & she wouldn't talk to me as i am not a beneficiary or peteioner & if i call it during non working hours no one answers the phone. Please help me to find automated reply number for NVC.

Also following is my case details

My aunt hadpetetioned for my mom's visa in 2002 & got approved in 2009. My question isshould i send form DS2001 & DS230 Part 1 (Also called instruction package3) even though my pd is still not current ?

I know myquestion sounds weird & to tell the truth, i always thought that we can'tdo any paperwork till the visa is current but i found the following sentence inform "IV-Infosheet-PK3" which i downloaded from mumbai consulatewebsite

http://mumbai.uscons...ov/ivforms.html

"Yourimmigrant visa petition has been approved. While no assurance can be givenregarding the date of your visa interview appointment, you should now preparefor that appointment by taking the following steps:

FIRST:Complete and return immediately Form DS-2001 and Form DS-230 Part I, by post,to the Immigrant Visa Section at the American Consulate.

SECOND:Obtain the following documents on this checklist, which pertain to you. As youobtain each document, check the box before each item and return this form tothe Immigrant Visa Section at the American Consulate, Mumbai."

I have beenfollowing this thread for more than a year & seeing that almost all postsget reply. someone please clarify the situation & let me know what steps ihave to follow. More than 10 years have already passed & i don't want todelay it any further because i didnt take any required steps. Someone pleasehelp me with this.

IV-Infosheet-PK3.pdf

Timeline
I130 - NOA1 : 02/11/2002
I130-APPROVED : 01/12/2009
NVC RECEIVED : 20/03/2015

Interview Complete - Visa Received

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello guys. I have an issue with my husband's i-864. he had been living outside the US for his study completion on temporary visa permit. and hence has not paid any taxes or has an employment history in USA. however he just got employed recently in July. So what can he write in his tax and employment history in i-864?

Also my second question is that he is wanting to use his brother and a household member and use his income by filing an i864-a form. they both have same residency. the form states that they need prrof of same residence. how can that proof be given? like what documents have to be given. Please if someone can help me.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Thread locked as this is a pinned topic for information only. Please create your own thread about your own case if you have questions or need information ***

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.