ED*Riza

Cost for annulment ..

43 posts in this topic

Hello Vjers...

To those who had been annulled in Philippines particularly in Manila. How much would it cost for annulment and how long will take to have the process in court? thank you so much ...

Manila is so slow when it comes to processing an annulment.Mine was a Declaration of Nullity,a bigamous marriage from my ex.I paid my lawyer 50thousand pesos.He filed it in Sept 20005 at Manila Regional Trial Court,had my pre-trial last July 16,07,first hearing on Oct 5,'07.i got the decision Jan 11,2008,finality Feb 13.i've waited 2yrs and 4mos.I live in Manila and we got married in Manila also.i didnt know before that i can file it anywhere,if i did,i will never file it in Manila.

Note that my case,according to other lawyers was so easy compared to other cases.

mine was filed in the province ... we paid 200thousand pesos ...... it takes 9 months for me to get the FINALITY

and u can file it wherever u want ... in place where money works to shorten the length of waiting :)

Wow 200thousand pesos!my friend filed her annulment in Pasay City last yr for only 100thousand pesos,it took them 7mos to finish hers.had i known it,i filed mine in Pasay City too

Manila is so slow when it comes to processing an annulment.Mine was a Declaration of Nullity,a bigamous marriage from my ex.I paid my lawyer 50thousand pesos.He filed it in Sept 20005 at Manila Regional Trial Court,had my pre-trial last July 16,07,first hearing on Oct 5,'07.i got the decision Jan 11,2008,finality Feb 13.i've waited 2yrs and 4mos.I live in Manila and we got married in Manila also.i didnt know before that i can file it anywhere,if i did,i will never file it in Manila.

Note that my case,according to other lawyers was so easy compared to other cases.

mine was filed in the province ... we paid 200thousand pesos ...... it takes 9 months for me to get the FINALITY

and u can file it wherever u want ... in place where money works to shorten the length of waiting :)

WHEW!!! That surely make me want to praise all the gods and goddesses that my wedding 8years ago was fake from the start and the papers didn't even reach the local civil registrar. Court officials and NSO said i don't even need a certificate of nullity since there are no records at all.

Ed*Riza, I have a friend who was supposed to go through annulment but they have salvaged the marriage so they are now back in each others arms... she mentioned before that Cotabato City grants super fast annulment as long as you pay the price, it could be as fast as 2-3months... but, I don't really have a way of verifying it but you might find somebody to verify it for you.

I wish you all the best... i hope you could get that annulment the soonest. GOOD LUCK! :thumbs:

Thank you guys.. Hey, It is not my annulment I am very happy with my husband here in Georgia. It was for his freind asking about annulment there and the girl gave 3000$ price for annulment. He asked me if it is real..

Thank you guys.. Hey, It is not my annulment I am very happy with my husband here in Georgia. It was for his freind asking about annulment there and the girl gave 3000$ price for annulment. He asked me if it is real..

what??? thats too much, others are for her shopping spree though lol

I know a woman (former neighbor and co-worker of my wife) who didn't want to wait for an annulment so she bribed some people to get her name changed on her birth certificate so she could pretend to be single.

I thought for sure she would get caught by the US Consulate but she just got her K-1 VISA! :o

BTW, she told her US fiance that her husband is dead. The poor guy doesn't know what he's getting into. She has 2 kids who she is leaving with her mother. Maybe she will try to bring them later, but I guess she would have to pay some more bribes to get them new birth certificates too. :wacko:

We filed in 2005 and it took 18 months to complete. The attorney's fees and court filings were P150,000 alone. Then there were doctor's fees for pysch reports and DSDW fees because of her daughter's custody decision. That doesn't count the travel expenses from her home to CDO where she filed the papers and for the hearings. I would guess that all in all it cost about P250,000 for everything.

I guess at today's peso rate, $3000 is only P120,000 so that is a fair estimate in my opinion. It's not cheap by any means, but I don't regret a single peso spent. There are ways to get it faster and cheaper I am sure, but be careful. Things that are not done legally can come back to haunt you. Remember that immigration fraud detected suffers a LIFETIME ban.

Scott

what??? thats too much, others are for her shopping spree though lol

oppsss didn't do the math well :)

I know a woman (former neighbor and co-worker of my wife) who didn't want to wait for an annulment so she bribed some people to get her name changed on her birth certificate so she could pretend to be single.

I thought for sure she would get caught by the US Consulate but she just got her K-1 VISA! :o

BTW, she told her US fiance that her husband is dead. The poor guy doesn't know what he's getting into. She has 2 kids who she is leaving with her mother. Maybe she will try to bring them later, but I guess she would have to pay some more bribes to get them new birth certificates too. :wacko:

:o sooner or lated that woman's secret will come out...

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.