moniqueinlove

Fiance was Deported...help!

20 posts in this topic

I was with my fiance for almost a year, but we had worked together for 3 years. He was caught in our apartment about 2 months before he was going home to fix his paperwork. after he was deported i found out i was pregnant. So now we are filing his fiance paperwork, the deportation waiver and a affidavit of support. I am in the same place you are. I know it is horrible and i have cried everyday since he was taken. It will be a year in january. But i do have some advice that i got from a lawyer for you. It has really helped me feel better about all this. You need to contact your congress and explain your story to them. Once you do that ask for some help. What they will do is 'flag' your file once it is in immigration. I have a friend who works in the visa office in vermont and she says that when they see a flagged folder they pull it out of line right away and do that first. When the flag the fold it tells immigration that congress has interest in the file and they want this done quickly. Good luck and hang in there, if it is supposed to be it will, that is what i keep telling myself to hang in there until my fiance returns.

Keep in mind that your congressman will probably not get involved until your case is outside of normal processing times. I posted a reply to your topic in the other section. The mods will probably mover it to this seciton of the forum.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I was with my fiance for almost a year, but we had worked together for 3 years. He was caught in our apartment about 2 months before he was going home to fix his paperwork. after he was deported i found out i was pregnant. So now we are filing his fiance paperwork, the deportation waiver and a affidavit of support. I am in the same place you are. I know it is horrible and i have cried everyday since he was taken. It will be a year in january. But i do have some advice that i got from a lawyer for you. It has really helped me feel better about all this. You need to contact your congress and explain your story to them. Once you do that ask for some help. What they will do is 'flag' your file once it is in immigration. I have a friend who works in the visa office in vermont and she says that when they see a flagged folder they pull it out of line right away and do that first. When the flag the fold it tells immigration that congress has interest in the file and they want this done quickly. Good luck and hang in there, if it is supposed to be it will, that is what i keep telling myself to hang in there until my fiance returns.

Keep in mind that your congressman will probably not get involved until your case is outside of normal processing times. I posted a reply to your topic in the other section. The mods will probably mover it to this seciton of the forum.

...also the Senator's office is not supposed to get involved if there is a deportation or the individual is in removal proceedings. rather you have to contact you district's house of representative member. That person will contact the congress liason in USCIS.

Good luck

CIS Office : Texas Service Center

Date Filed : 2008-09-13

NOA Date : 2008-09-15

Removal Proceedings Terminated: 2008-09-19

Touched: 2008-09-23

Touched: 2008-10-20

Touched: 2008-11-26

Touched: 2008-11-28

RFE(s) : 2008-12-31

AP: 2008-11-07

EAD: 2009-1-21

Bio. Appt. : 2008-11-26

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2009-08-25

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-08-25

Approved : yes

Got I551 Stamp : Yes

Greencard Received:

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

huh ?? he was caught at your appartment ?? i dont understand that ....wd you be kind enough to explain that ?? do they come and arrest people from homes ?? I am the USC and my fiance came in april,2008 for 3 monsths for visiting me and helping me out in K1, but as due to my surgeons advice he had to stay back for my surgery and help and we got married here. Now all our paperworks are ready but we wd be applying in Jan,2009 as because we had some money shortage. So i just want to know about this process.......... why did they come to your home to get him ? thanks ....sending you an IM too ..

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
For Heavens sake, whatever you do, don't send ANYTHING out until you have spoken to competent qualified counsel.

I think that they have become very strict for the b1. At my work as well, the lawyers are very critical when we bring anyone for a B1. I dont think you are allowed to stay here for such long periods of times.. It is meant to be just a trip here for business meetings and such... I think the L1 is more the long term visa(1 year or so). This may be why they sent him back because they felt he misused the visa(it is only for business meetings). I agree you need a good lawyer..

I am the USC and my fiance came in april,2008 for 3 months for visiting me and helping me out in K1, but as due to my surgeons advice he had to stay back for my surgery and help and we got married here. Now all our paperworks are ready but we wd be applying in Jan,2009 as because we had some money shortage. He 1st came in a b1/b2 visa and went back in 1.5 months ... he came to finish something we were working together on for sometime online.Nopw 2nd time the whole art project has to be changed and he came but he also wanted me to help me in K1.This time as i said he came in B1 in April,2008. BUt due to my surgeons advice we got married in June and wd apply in Jan,2009. As i can understand once someone gets married in 90 days it wont be a problem.... in both cases of Moniqueinlove & Cjindia they were both fiances and not married. Hope i wont have any problem. wd appreciate any replies to this.

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.