Sign in to follow this  
TeamSleep

Processing time of I-765?

21 posts in this topic

I was wondering how long this I-765 takes to process? (supposedly it's an "Application for Employment Authorization, if you want to work while your application is processed")

I have a few job prospects, and I would like to know the time frame so I can tell them during my interviews. Thank you :)

It can take 90 days+ from when you file to get approved for the EAD.... you can not work until you have the EAD in your hand....

Kez

Just for clarification...

So from the day the receipt or NOA1 have been issued I have to wait up to 90 days?

I have a job, but can't work.

Edited by ma0am

It can take 90 days+ from when you file to get approved for the EAD.... you can not work until you have the EAD in your hand....

Kez

Just for clarification...

So from the day the receipt or NOA1 have been issued I have to wait up to 90 days?

I have a job, but can't work.

Some received they EAD through mail in just about 2 months after filing. Possibly you'll receive it too 2 months from the date you filed :)

I am doing the AOS from a J-1.

The checks weren't touched yet, so they didn't even touch the whole pile of paper - didn't receive a receipt yet.

The stuff was received in Chicago on the 4th of January.

It just pisses me of a little, you know?

This is a lot of money which I could be earning (I am an Electrical Engineer).

I do, of course, understand, that it takes time. :wacko:

Oh well,

so the actual receipt counts, not the date of the reception in their mailroom, eh?

Thanks for your help, though! :thumbs:

I am doing the AOS from a J-1.

The checks weren't touched yet, so they didn't even touch the whole pile of paper - didn't receive a receipt yet.

The stuff was received in Chicago on the 4th of January.

It just pisses me of a little, you know?

This is a lot of money which I could be earning (I am an Electrical Engineer).

I do, of course, understand, that it takes time. :wacko:

Oh well,

so the actual receipt counts, not the date of the reception in their mailroom, eh?

Thanks for your help, though! :thumbs:

On the Receipt Notice you will see Notice Date (ND), the date when the I-797 notice was issued and Receipt Date (RD), the actual date of your application was arrived in their mailroom. Once your application is entered into their the system, USCIS will process everything by your RD. For example, your EAD will be approved within the 90 days of RD by law. Good luck!

GEB    0

Hi everyone,

My husband and I filed for AOS (I765 + I485) on the 4th of Jan through a laywer who sent it to Missouri Service Center,

where it was filed on the 18th of Jan 08,

they'd sent out the receipts on the 23rd of Jan 08,

on the 28th of Jan they'd sent out the Biometrics appointments,

today I went for my Biometrics and they told me my work authorization should be in within a month.

But it does depends on the state, service center and ofcourse case.

You should be able to check your status on the following website (that is if you have a application number).

Unfortunately the Missouri center doesn't offer this service.

So if anyone in NJ or NY needs a lawyer we're willing to share ours ;)

Regards,

i know that the processing times were just updated yesterday/today on the uscis website. some field offices are showing reasonable I-765 processing times (columbus, oh has feb 15, 2008) while others seem to have traveled back in time (chicago, il is showing dec 18, 2006!). does anyone have any insight or should i just ignore uscis? (i probably should, right? :blush: ) thanks!

Dates can go back if they come across an older file that still has not had a decision made on it. Rather than rush that case through, they just move the goal posts so that case is still within the stated processing times.

You should also note that EADs for K1 applicants are not processed at a local office, but by the National Benefit Center.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.