Sign in to follow this  
bnr

Letter of intent/ Statment of intent to marry

15 posts in this topic

bnr    0

hello, (regarding I-129F)

I was hoping to get some advice in what I should write on the "original statements from you and your fiancee whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his/her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent"

.....what should this look like???

I was hoping to get some advice in what I should write on the "original statements from you and your fiancee whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his/her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent"

bnr,

If you check here for Fiancé Letter of Intent you'll see an example. :thumbs:

bnr,

If you check here for Fiancé Letter of Intent you'll see an example. :thumbs:

Fiancé Letter of Intent

(petitioner’s / beneficiary’s address)

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

(USCIS service center address)

or when submitting for interview

United States Department of State

United States Consulate, [name of country where Embassy is located]

[Embassy Address]

(date mm-dd-yyyy)

Dear Sir or Madam:

I, (applicant’s or beneficiary’s name) , do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (petitioner’s or beneficiary’s name), and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Yours truly,

we sent d same format on where u will address the letter of intent..but our letter is more like a letter without formal pattern..the important thing is that u should include the key words for this letter like getting married within 90 days etc. then your intention why and when do u plan to marry ur fiancee...then of course the most important is to get it notarized.good luck and god bless you..=)

...then of course the most important is to get it notarized.good luck and god bless you..=)

Notarized??? is it really necessary for the letter of intent to be notarized? I just mailed my letter of intent and G-325A form to my fiance (petitioner). I signed it but that was it. i didn't bother to have it notarized since i have not seen anything in the I-129F instructions that specified submitting a notarized letter of intent. Even the sample here in VJ did not suggest anything of the sort :( ... or did i just miss that part completely?.. now im getting worried :(

...then of course the most important is to get it notarized.good luck and god bless you..=)

Notarized??? is it really necessary for the letter of intent to be notarized? I just mailed my letter of intent and G-325A form to my fiance (petitioner). I signed it but that was it. i didn't bother to have it notarized since i have not seen anything in the I-129F instructions that specified submitting a notarized letter of intent. Even the sample here in VJ did not suggest anything of the sort :( ... or did i just miss that part completely?.. now im getting worried :(

This is false.

You do not need to get the letter(s) of intent notarized.

Best of luck to you! :)

So here is a question about this letter...In the example letter, it asks you for the Service Centre address...but I cant find it anywhere. It will be California. Does it have to be this address or the Texas drop box address?

I need to know the answer to this also. Where do you find the Service Center address? Is there a list of them somewhere which I am missing? Can someone post the link to the addresses please?

I went to uscis.gov and clicked on find a USCIS office, they have two links there, one is for field offices and the other international. I've attached the link below. Hope this helps :)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=e39c0b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e39c0b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

How do you know what your USCIS is? You have no idea where your case is assigned when you send it into the Dallas lockbox,correct?

Is there a list of the acronyms everyone here is using? As far as I have seen there is no list of any of these. The first page of the "help" K-1 Visa forums has no reference to what any of them actually mean but use them in many places.

It might be helpful if there was a list pinned that explained them all. If I am just missing the list then can someone help me out and point me to it?

hi everyone,

can anyone tell me what add. should we put in the part of the letter where in we need to send the letter?

eg.

<petitioner’s name>

<petitioner’s address>

<petitioner’s phone>

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

<service center address> - this part what will i put as the add?

How do you know what your USCIS is? You have no idea where your case is assigned when you send it into the Dallas lockbox,correct?

Is there a list of the acronyms everyone here is using? As far as I have seen there is no list of any of these. The first page of the "help" K-1 Visa forums has no reference to what any of them actually mean but use them in many places.

It might be helpful if there was a list pinned that explained them all. If I am just missing the list then can someone help me out and point me to it?

There is this one: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Acronym_Summary

(and http://www.visajourney.com/content/us-immigration-glossary)

Edited by moomin

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.