• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About narnia

  • Rank
  • Birthday December 5
  • Member # 142354

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    K-1 Visa
  • Place benefits filed at
    California Service Center
  • Country

Immigration Timeline

  1. My husband and I are planning to travel to Europe soon, but I was wondering if I can possibly run into trouble with my current situation. Here's a breakdown of what's going on: I have filed for adjustment of status, I-751, last September and I received my first NOA, so my greencard is temporarily extended until December 2016. I have received an RFE in April this year, which I have responded to. My Austrian passport has my old maiden name as my last name; I have visited the Austrian consulate about this and apparently my name has officially never changed in my country according to some new laws and my passport doesn't need to be updated until I undergo an official name change. Good. So traveling into Europe isn't a problem, but I'm worried about coming back to the U.S., since my greencard's date is expired and shows a different last name. The consulate told me to bring my wedding certificate to show to the immigration officers, should questions arise. I'm planning on bringing my NOA as well to prove my greencard has been extended, but I'm wondering if that is enough to evade any trouble. Will having received an RFE arise any suspicion? Has anybody been in a similar situation and what was your experience like?
  2. We submitted transcripts, which we requested from the IRS. Not returns. I thought it would suffice too, so I was surprised to get an RFE.
  3. We filed my I-751 in September 2015 and just received an Request for Evidence, claiming we failed to show enough evidence for joint financial responsibility. We did submit a tax transcript for 2014, but since my husband and I are both self-employed (we own a small business), we do not have any W2s for our work. Now the RFE letter claims our tax returns are insufficient because we did not submit W2s alongside with it. So I was wondering if it would be sufficient to submit 1099-Ks and 1099MISC for 2014 and 2015. My husband has individual W2s for 2015 and 2014, since he took on some contract work. Would it help to include them as well? Is there any other documentation I can include to help my case? Thank you!