4 posts in this topic

Hello, 

My fiance and I have submitted our visa but have not received a NOA 2 (expected in June). My fiance is a citizen of both Australia and the United Kingdom. She currently resides in Australia and hence that is the citizenship and address we used on our I-129 form. Given how long the NOA2 process is taking, she may have to move to the U.K. from Australia while we wait for the NOA2. 

My main questions are: 

1. Is it possible to request a change of where her interview will take place? (So that she can move to and interview in the U.K.)
  2. Could she do her interview in the U.K. even though she is a citizen of Australia.

My secondary questions are:

• Is there a specific form to do this? (I'm guessing change of address might suffice?)
  • Does anyone know if this causes any kind of delay in processing?
  • Would it be better to do it ASAP or wait until after the NOA2? 

Thank you advance for your time and attention to this question!

Edited by crumb143
Typo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, crumb143 said:

Hello, 

My fiance and I have submitted our visa but have not received a NOA 2 (expected in June). My fiance is a citizen of both Australia and the United Kingdom. She currently resides in Australia and hence that is the citizenship and address we used on our I-129 form. Given how long the NOA2 process is taking, she may have to move to the U.K. from Australia while we wait for the NOA2. 

My main questions are: 

1. Is it possible to request a change of where her interview will take place? (So that she can move to and interview in the U.K.)
  2. Could she do her interview in the U.K. even though she is a citizen of Australia.

My secondary questions are:

• Is there a specific form to do this? (I'm guessing change of address might suffice?)
  • Does anyone know if this causes any kind of delay in processing?
  • Would it be better to do it ASAP or wait until after the NOA2? 

Thank you advance for your time and attention to this question!

It is possible to do the interview in the country of residence or the country of nationality.

NVC will assign the location after the petition is approved.  If the assign Sysdney and you want it to be London you simply contact the consulate and request the change.  It takes typically about two weeks to get the file moved.  No specific form to do this

YMMV

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.