bad4tatt

Dreaded Processing Times....

42 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just saw on the USCIS site that they are displaying processing times differently. If you weren't depressed now you soon will be when you look at the backlog.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

and this is just the first step of the process not the whole processing time 

looks like Texas is still the best and Nebraska is still hellbraska

22 minutes ago, bad4tatt said:

I just saw on the USCIS site that they are displaying processing times differently. If you weren't depressed now you soon will be when you look at the backlog.

It's so hard to believe that this is accurate... I compared the AOS processing times of my field office to Los Angeles. Most of the people from Los Angeles that were in my AOS thread including some friends received their interview within 4-6 months (with only very few exceptions). This page says 10-24 months?! That is a huge discrepancy. It's a known thing that Los Angeles City office processes the applications fairly fast. Compared to that San Diego is supposedly 6-18.5 months and thus a lot faster even though everywhere else San Diego is always around the 9-10months mark (which was accurate for my case). 

Also, that is a very broad estimate that they are giving with an entire year difference?! Could be 6 months or also 18 months????

I'd follow the data here on VJ to be honest as it always seemed the most accurate to me.... I feel like this new processing time table wants to prevent that people keep on bugging USCIS with the excuse "hey it says online that you are currently processing cases from the date XY but you received my cases two weeks prior to that date. How is that possible?"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
33 minutes ago, MelandJason said:

Hello :ph34r: I found today with this new info that my field office (one of the most slow in the country) now the process time for AOS is from 15 to 25.5 months!! And EAD is taking around 5 to 6 months (we knew this one) and they are working in Octuber 2017, but as we know in eaxh office are people that work more fast that the others... And I also think that is because they dont want more phonecalls hahahaha I still in shock... For now just want my EAD and for the interview I can wait 

:)Our timeline AOS:)

Jan/30/2018    Filed via UPS 2 says    

Feb/01/2018    Package delivered (Chicago locxbox)

Feb/01/2018    Priority date (in the hard copies)

Feb/09/2018    Checks cashed

Feb/15/2018    Lawyer got NOA1

Feb/16/2018    We got our NOA1

Feb/24/2018    Biometrics appoiment letter in the mail

Mar/03/2018   Courtesy letter in the mail (medical not sent)

Mar/07/2018   Biometrics appointment schedule (Done)

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

. I feel like this new processing time table wants to prevent that people keep on bugging USCIS with the excuse "hey it says online that you are currently processing cases from the date XY but you received my cases two weeks prior to that date. How is that possible?"

Yeah, that's probably the case. But it's a new system, so maybe they are being very generous in their processing times for now. 

53 minutes ago, AskerBRfromAZ said:

Yeah, that's probably the case. But it's a new system, so maybe they are being very generous in their processing times for now. 

For sure! Also in the thread you opened one of the people who posted confirmed what I wrote yesterday. His local office is Los Angeles and he had his AOS interview after 5 months. These new processing estimates are just soooo far off (10-24months for L.A.). I don't know which data USCIS is using to display these numbers but they are poorly chosen. 

On 3/22/2018 at 4:03 PM, adil-rafa said:

and this is just the first step of the process not the whole processing time 

looks like Texas is still the best and Nebraska is still hellbraska

Hmm are you sure? :whistle:

Nebraska currently ranks 15.

47. San Antonio, TX

70. Dallas, TX

73. Houston, TX 

85. El Paso, TX

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

47. San Antonio, TX

70. Dallas, TX

73. Houston, TX 

85. El Paso, TX

Nebraska transfers cases like ours (there 9 months and then transfered to Missouri for faster processing (another 6 months) so yeah,  they can fudge the numbers but doesn't make them good  / jsut makes it look like they did ours in 9 months

Edited by adil-rafa

12 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Nebraska transfers cases like ours (there 9 months and then transfered to Missouri for faster processing (another 6 months) so yeah,  they can fudge the numbers but doesn't make them good  / jsut makes it look like they did ours in 9 months

Gotcha. Well, apparently, the place to be is Cleveland, OH. 4.5 months per the new processing times tool. People are reporting getting the interview and green card before EAD/AP.

I-751 Joint Filing.

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

24 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

47. San Antonio, TX

70. Dallas, TX

73. Houston, TX 

85. El Paso, TX

??? You can't compare Service Centers with field offices... Nebraska is a service center for different cases such as CR1. It can also be a field office for in country AOS applications, but then you are looking at different processing times because you are choosing a different application.  The service center Nebraska is indeed Hellbraska if you are sitting there filing Cr1 or IR1 applications, but not if you do AOS. The rest you are comparing it to are field offices. 

13 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

??? You can't compare Service Centers with field offices... Nebraska is a service center for different cases such as CR1. It can also be a field office for in country AOS applications, but then you are looking at different processing times because you are choosing a different application.  The service center Nebraska is indeed Hellbraska if you are sitting there filing Cr1 or IR1 applications, but not if you do AOS. The rest you are comparing it to are field offices. 

You know, I landed on this side of the map by mistake. I did not read the entire thread and did not realize you were discussing service centers. Thank you for clarifying that.. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

1 minute ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

You know, I landed on this side of the map by mistake. I did not read the entire thread and did not realize you were discussing service centers. Thank you for clarifying that.. 

^_^

The person you quoted was talking about service centers. I, personally, just made the example with field offices saying that I don't think these times correct looking at the field office processing times. It's a mix of both in this thread just not a good idea to compare processing times of service centers with normal field offices.:)

1 minute ago, Californiansunset said:

^_^

The person you quoted was talking about service centers. I, personally, just made the example with field offices saying that I don't think these times correct looking at the field office processing times. It's a mix of both in this thread just not a good idea to compare processing times of service centers with normal field offices.:)

If you read original entry, I compared TX field offices vs the Nebraska field office. Apples to apples. I did not compare service centers to field offices. I jumped on the conversation mid-thread and assumed they were discussing field offices. That's it. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 3/22/2018 at 4:45 PM, bad4tatt said:

Thank you for breaking my bubble Mr! :angry:  I was having some hope I would hear some news this month or April for my N400 from my local office. Now I see they are wayyy backlogged even more than before. According to their new system I should be waiting 2 more months or until the end of 2018. #######! It's not accurate at all. Thanks God we can all vent here. 

On 3/22/2018 at 2:17 PM, Californiansunset said:

It's so hard to believe that this is accurate... I compared the AOS processing times of my field office to Los Angeles. Most of the people from Los Angeles that were in my AOS thread including some friends received their interview within 4-6 months (with only very few exceptions). This page says 10-24 months?! That is a huge discrepancy. It's a known thing that Los Angeles City office processes the applications fairly fast. Compared to that San Diego is supposedly 6-18.5 months and thus a lot faster even though everywhere else San Diego is always around the 9-10months mark (which was accurate for my case). 

Also, that is a very broad estimate that they are giving with an entire year difference?! Could be 6 months or also 18 months????

I'd follow the data here on VJ to be honest as it always seemed the most accurate to me.... I feel like this new processing time table wants to prevent that people keep on bugging USCIS with the excuse "hey it says online that you are currently processing cases from the date XY but you received my cases two weeks prior to that date. How is that possible?"

Hey can I ask where you are seeing the data points for the Los Angeles office?  I'm currently waiting for my interview to be scheduled there...  I saw a few that were around 6 months but now the other processing page time went from an average of 6.5 months to 8.5 months.

11/01/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

11/07/2017 Package delivered after being lost by USPS (thanks USPS!)

11/15/2017 Received email and text notifications from USCIS

12/05/2017 Walk in Biometrics

01/19/2017 Text that EAD is in production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.