prako22

INTERVIEW/ JOINT SPONSOR

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello good day to you. I was done with the interview today and the co told me that everything is okay but said my wife income is not sufficient enough to sponsor me that I should let her look for a joint sponsor then returned my passport. Then she gave me a paper and checked on Joint sponsor and IRS transcript of the joint sponsor and also checked on international passport too. She asked me to drop them off both my passport and the joint sponsor when I finally see anyone to joint sponsor my wife at one of their drop off office and also gave me another paper about rule and regulation of immigrant in USA. I got home and checked visa status then it shows administrative process. To me I feel it's okay and glad I'm still in good shape but how long this is going to take after I did what she said I should do is what I don't know. Please any idea or advice about the time frame after I do what she asked. Thanks. Interview took place at Nigeria Embassy.

Questions asked during the interview are.

CO - Who's calling you to the US

CO - How and when do you met

CO - Does she work and where/ how long has she been at her current job and her position

CO - Have she been married before/ Have I been married before

CO - Does she have kid and how many/ Do I have kid and how many.

And that's all.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

so, actually sounds like you are in better shape than most as you are being asked to drop off your passport when you have the I 864a and supporting documents 

you can do nothing now except let your wife know she has to find a cosponsor / the work is up to her again at this point

BTW this may require new medical exam and criminal reports for a new interview if too long a time pases 

So far your packet is still at embassy 

get online or phone and let your wife do her work or the case will be returned to the US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

so, actually sounds like you are in better shape than most as you are being asked to drop off your passport when you have the I 864a and supporting documents 

you can do nothing now except let your wife know she has to find a cosponsor / the work is up to her again at this point

BTW this may require new medical exam and criminal reports for a new interview if too long a time pases 

So far your packet is still at embassy 

get online or phone and let your wife do her work or the case will be returned to the US

Thank and appreciated according to the consular she said drop your passport and the documents require and hopefully in 7 to 14 working days you'll be notify about your issued visa. Now me and my wife are on the race of looking for a joint sponsor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.