9 posts in this topic

Hello! 

I submitted a K1 Visa application for my fiance in the philippines. 

He received a letter from US National Visa Center, letter K1-FTP. I am wondering if there are any steps to do after receiving this or will there be another letter with instructions as to how to move forward? The Next Steps on the letter includes: Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview. 

What do I do during this step or what does my fiance do? We received this letter on February. Thank you for all responses!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, lh2018 said:

Hello! 

He received a letter from US National Visa Center, letter K1-FTP. I am wondering if there are any steps to do after receiving this or will there be another letter with instructions as to how to move forward? The Next Steps on the letter includes: Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview. 

What do I do during this step or what does my fiance do? We received this letter on February. Thank you for all responses!

He submitted a petition I-129f. The K-1 is now what you apply for.

Each country works different; but in the Philippines you can now use the NVC case number to make a visa interview appointment with the embassy. Set up the medical exam at St Lukes, also can set up to attend CFO class that is required for Filipino citizens who are going to leave the Philippines. Petitioner can begin to prepare original'wet' signature I-134 form and all supporting documents to send to you. You can request for a CENOMAR and NBI clearance as well.

From here on basically you're on your own to finish the process. The embassy won't do anything.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

3 minutes ago, lh2018 said:

Hello! 

If you fill out your timeline it will really help us see where you are at.  It sounds like you have already received the NOA2 and have your MNL#.  Is that correct?  

Go to this site for excellent information on how to proceed.  It is maintained by Hank who hangs out in the Philippines forum.  Here are links to both.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/index.html

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

If you fill out your timeline it will really help us see where you are at.  It sounds like you have already received the NOA2 and have your MNL#.  Is that correct?  

Go to this site for excellent information on how to proceed.  It is maintained by Hank who hangs out in the Philippines forum.  Here are links to both.

Hi thank you for your helpful links and response! It shows a detailed instruction letter that my fiance is supposed to recieve but im not sure if he is actually suppose to receive that or if its not applied to our situation? The only

letter he received is simply with the words i quoted ^^ they did not provide any instruction except for the website. Is this the only letter he will receive? Thank you again! 

8 minutes ago, lh2018 said:

Hi thank you for your helpful links and response! It shows a detailed instruction letter that my fiance is supposed to recieve but im not sure if he is actually suppose to receive that or if its not applied to our situation? The only

letter he received is simply with the words i quoted ^^ they did not provide any instruction except for the website. Is this the only letter he will receive? Thank you again! 

Some receive the letter and others don't.  I think that is why Hank linked to it.  It is just basic info that you need for the interview.  

Once you get the MNL# start tracking yourself on the CEAC site.  If the MNL# is not included in that letter call NVC and get it.  Once you have the number you can go and make some plans.  Medical generally takes 2 days  and since you hand carry the medical to the interview it is possible to do the medical in the same week as the interview.  

There are a few thoughts on scheduling the interview.  One says to wait for "READY" at CEAC and the other is to go and book the interview as soon as you get the number but book 3 to 4 weeks out so you know the petition will be at the embassy.  My guess is either way works.

We are still at the waiting for the MNL# point so you are actually farther along than us. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 3/21/2018 at 1:06 PM, John & Rose said:

Some receive the letter and others don't.  I think that is why Hank linked to it.  It is just basic info that you need for the interview.  

Once you get the MNL# start tracking yourself on the CEAC site.  If the MNL# is not included in that letter call NVC and get it.  Once you have the number you can go and make some plans.  Medical generally takes 2 days  and since you hand carry the medical to the interview it is possible to do the medical in the same week as the interview.  

There are a few thoughts on scheduling the interview.  One says to wait for "READY" at CEAC and the other is to go and book the interview as soon as you get the number but book 3 to 4 weeks out so you know the petition will be at the embassy.  My guess is either way works.

We are still at the waiting for the MNL# point so you are actually farther along than us. 

Hi again! This is a very confusing process for us so thank you for your responses. Wish you the best of luck as well!

My fiance has just completed the application for the K visa. Does he need a medical appointment? If so, where can he file for one? He did not receive a letter with instructions so we are trying to read past experiences for help. Where can he schedule his medical appt along with his interview? I will be looking for checklists and guides as well to find out the processing fees and how to pay them. Thank you again. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, lh2018 said:

Hi again! This is a very confusing process for us so thank you for your responses. Wish you the best of luck as well!

My fiance has just completed the application for the K visa. Does he need a medical appointment? If so, where can he file for one? He did not receive a letter with instructions so we are trying to read past experiences for help. Where can he schedule his medical appt along with his interview? I will be looking for checklists and guides as well to find out the processing fees and how to pay them. Thank you again. 

SLEC is walk-in ONLY, no appointment required.

Go to Philippines regional forum for Embassy specific questions and helpful links

YMMV

7 hours ago, lh2018 said:

If CEAC says ready, the petition is already in Manila. 

Here is the best guide around. Just follow this and you will be fine. 

go over the the Philippines forum and you will get answers to any questions you have. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

• 6 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello There!  I have received an email from US National Visa Center, letter K1-FTP. The Next Steps on the letter includes: Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.  When I logged on the site with case number it is asking for the Invoice number. But this letter does not include any thing. When I checked the status on the NVC case tracker- it says your petition is in transit to the consulate in India and NVC has provided you with the interview date.   Can any one help please?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.