13 posts in this topic

Can anyone help as to where I can inquire about mine and my fiancé's case? We received our NOA1 on August 31st 2017, but I'm seeing that CSC is processing cases from September 7th 2017 and onwards. Getting kinda nervous and frustrated. I've done a case inquiry from Case status online but I'm yet to get a response a week and a half later. Wondering if there's a direct email / phone number where I'm able to get a faster response.

Any help / advice here would be appreciated. 

Yea I understand that it's not, but I'm seeing cases being approved of which received their NOA1 way after we did and are being approved before we are. It's nerve wrecking. However that's not the response I was really looking for - thanks tho.

Are you for real!?! That's ridiculous... Ugh. I'm so sorry to hear. I've got my fingers crossed for you in hopes for your NOA2 soon.
Just getting so confused, it seems all petitions are mixed up, they're so far behind. Either petitioners from June are still waiting or people from August have their NOA2's already.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, pennehx said:

Are you for real!?! That's ridiculous... Ugh. I'm so sorry to hear. I've got my fingers crossed for you in hopes for your NOA2 soon.
Just getting so confused, it seems all petitions are mixed up, they're so far behind. Either petitioners from June are still waiting or people from August have their NOA2's already.

It's both. You just have to keep busy and not think about it (I know that's impossible). I hope that it speeds up for you soon as well, but I went through a pretty bad stage thinking it would happen for a long time and it kind of wrecked me. Just cling to your fiance, talk about your plans, see each other as often as you can, and hope.

You can try calling and asking to speak to Tier II, but chances are they will just give you what you see online (which is what happened to me). You can also try to get your local senator to inquire, but mine just kind of did nothing (they probably knew I wouldn't vote for them lol).

Just now, LydiaP said:

It's both. You just have to keep busy and not think about it (I know that's impossible). I hope that it speeds up for you soon as well, but I went through a pretty bad stage thinking it would happen for a long time and it kind of wrecked me. Just cling to your fiance, talk about your plans, see each other as often as you can, and hope.

You can try calling and asking to speak to Tier II, but chances are they will just give you what you see online (which is what happened to me). You can also try to get your local senator to inquire, but mine just kind of did nothing (they probably knew I wouldn't vote for them lol).

Only reason I've been worrying and thinking about it so much is because I'm currently in the states with my fiancé, but I leave on April 5th and I won't see him again until I move :( We were hoping for our NOA2 before I leave so we can gather and sign / print all necessary paperwork so I can take it home with me and we don't have the hassle of needing to ship anything. It's so discouraging and so hard haha. I must check My Case status online at least 5 times a day even though I know I'll receive a text with any updates.. Kinda feeling now that I may also get an RFE since I went on your timeline and saw that you got one for not including front and back proof of your passport (of which I didn't either I dont think). Just one thing after another.... 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, pennehx said:

Only reason I've been worrying and thinking about it so much is because I'm currently in the states with my fiancé, but I leave on April 5th and I won't see him again until I move :( We were hoping for our NOA2 before I leave so we can gather and sign / print all necessary paperwork so I can take it home with me and we don't have the hassle of needing to ship anything. It's so discouraging and so hard haha. I must check My Case status online at least 5 times a day even though I know I'll receive a text with any updates.. Kinda feeling now that I may also get an RFE since I went on your timeline and saw that you got one for not including front and back proof of your passport (of which I didn't either I dont think). Just one thing after another.... 

You don't need to wait for the NOA2 to gather the required information to take back with you.  The two are mutually exclusive

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Just now, pennehx said:

Yeah, only the petitioner can call, btw.

My fiance has copies of the upcoming files with my wet signature on them. But yeah, we're going to have to do some mailing as well. I would advise you to never make plans of any sort (or get your hopes up). We wanted to be married last Dec, then we thought well the latest would be Spring Break (this week) and now we're looking at a late summer wedding, but even that is tentative. Who knows.

1 minute ago, LydiaP said:

Yeah, only the petitioner can call, btw.

My fiance has copies of the upcoming files with my wet signature on them. But yeah, we're going to have to do some mailing as well. I would advise you to never make plans of any sort (or get your hopes up). We wanted to be married last Dec, then we thought well the latest would be Spring Break (this week) and now we're looking at a late summer wedding, but even that is tentative. Who knows.

Ahhh alright, thanks! 
New to all this haha.
I knew I should have never gotten my hopes up but here I am. I just wish that their processing times info was all correct. It blatantly isn't. And I hate that my VJ timeline says between March 10 - March 16 based on other peoples timelines - probably the thing that got me all flustered and excited / expectant tbh.

Nope no plans to make plans, other than travel to see each other if we hear nothing by the time I leave here April 5. 
I feel so terribly for you, it's not fair. Just keep your head up, it'll happen sooner than later now! I have all crossed for you. :) 

accidental

Edited by Dutchster
cat walked over my laptop lol

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

2 hours ago, Dutchster said:

accidental

cat walked over your laptop & typed "i get its really frustrating to see people"?.. :P (i get all visa journey comments to my emails.) but no worries.

1 hour ago, pennehx said:

cat walked over your laptop & typed "i get its really frustrating to see people"?.. :P (i get all visa journey comments to my emails.) but no worries.

Lol, I wanted to type something but I had to set my laptop aside for a sec as the doorbell rang.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.