Waqas Ali

NVC Delay To enter the case in NVC System

50 posts in this topic

Timeline

I really don't understand NVC myself... I got my case# last Friday after waiting for close to 1 month and I can't even proceed at all.... when i tried to login. It's bringing up * this case number is not eligible for processing at this time.. I called them today and I was told to wait until I receive the welcome letter in mail before I can do anything... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Waqas Ali said:

It is more than 2 months NVC did not assign the case#

any thoughts

you are not alone, this is because NVC is swamped they got in all at once 15 thousand cases that they are trying to get put in, my case was received at NVC 2/8 and I also do not have a case # yet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kris&me said:

are you logging into the CEAC site and putting immigrant visa with new case number?

He can’t do that as he stated he has not received case number yet. 

Just keep calling them them every week or so for a case number. It’s taking NVC way longer in the past few months to process cases. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Waqas Ali said:

They received my case on January 22nd, 2018 and not yet in the system.

Also, that’s not two months. You are just a little over a month at NVC. We waited over two months for case number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Waqas Ali said:

Until you don't have case# you can not log into CEAC site. 

how long it will take you to get NVC case# after USCIS approval.

we were notified by email / letter came 1 week later and 3 weeks after email but that was 2013  

we waited longer for case to go to embassy as interview didn't happen till 2016

Filed: Other Timeline

How and Where will one receive NVC case number?

And in what form would the number be informed to the applicant/petitioner?

(if the NOA2 has been received , how would NVC let someone knows the case number? is it just the same as I-130 case number? (LIN 123456789 ?)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, shexy said:

I really don't understand NVC myself... I got my case# last Friday after waiting for close to 1 month and I can't even proceed at all.... when i tried to login. It's bringing up * this case number is not eligible for processing at this time.. I called them today and I was told to wait until I receive the welcome letter in mail before I can do anything... 

Yes,you need to wait for the welcome letter,I even go thru that ok

25 minutes ago, abum said:

How and Where will one receive NVC case number?

And in what form would the number be informed to the applicant/petitioner?

(if the NOA2 has been received , how would NVC let someone knows the case number? is it just the same as I-130 case number? (LIN 123456789 ?)

No, you need to call NVC with regularity in order for them to give you a case number.

Is not just after receiving your NOA2, the status of your case at USCIS must had changed to: "Sent to DOS". After 1 week or 2 they received, you should be able to get it.

However, after February 2018, NVC turned really slow, I've been waiting since 2/7 for a case number and nothing yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.