L and E

TB test for medical

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am trying to sort out the req's for the medical before the interview for our K1 visa and was wondering... To confirm the presence/absence of TB usually a tuberculin skin test is done which must sit in the skin for 2 days until it can be read. Considering this, must the beneficiary come back to complete this part before their interview? Meaning they must do their medical at least 3 days before their interview? My fiance will have to travel for all of this so we would like to get it done for him all in one trip 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The TB test in Colombia is performed by means of chest X-ray which do not require to come back. However keep in mind that you need to allow at least 3 days or so between your medical/labs and your interview so that you have the results on your hand to take to the embassy. 

When calling the Dr office to schedule the appointment they will ask you when is your embassy appointment in order to suggest the latest Dr appointment you could schedule 

Timeline
5 hours ago, JB209 said:

The TB test in Colombia is performed by means of chest X-ray which do not require to come back. However keep in mind that you need to allow at least 3 days or so between your medical/labs and your interview so that you have the results on your hand to take to the embassy. 

When calling the Dr office to schedule the appointment they will ask you when is your embassy appointment in order to suggest the latest Dr appointment you could schedule 

Thank you so much! This was very helpful

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Some questions as well about the medical exam en Bogota...

After sending the doctor some info about when our exam will be, he sent us a confirmation with some instrucciones and what to expect:

Gracias por elegirnos para realizarse su examen físico general!!!

Por favor lea atentamente la información  enviada,  ya que es muy importante para los buenos resultados de su proceso.

La entrega de resultados será al siguiente día hábil del examen físico de  6:30 pm

A PARTIR DEL 1 DE FEBRERO DE 2017 EL CDC (CENTRO PARA EL CONTROL DE ENFERMEDADES DE LOS EEUU), NOS HA DADO INSTRUCCIONES DE REVISAR Y PONER AL DIA LOS ESQUEMAS DE VACUNACION PARA TODOS LOS CASOS DE VISAS K.

DE ACUERDO A LO ANTERIOR SI USTED DESEA CUMPLIR ESTE REQUISITO CON MUCHO GUSTO LE AYUDAREMOS.

EL DIA DE SU CITA MÉDICA LO PUEDE HACER, EL VALOR APROXIMADO DE LA VACUNACION PARA SU EDAD SERIA  $350.00

Todos los mayores de 15 años DEBEN Tomar exámenes: De sangre, pulmones y Prueba de Gonorrea, ESTA NUEVA PRUEBA SE DEMORA 48 HORAS  PARA QUE SALGA EL RESULTADO.

ESTOS EXAMENES SE DEBEN TOMAR UN DIA ANTES DE LA CITA MÉDICA EN EL INSTITUTO Y LABORATORIO CLÍNICO  CALLE 38 NO. 8-28 TEL 2327272-2853076-30056884 Y SU CITA YA ESTACONFIRMADA PARA EL DIA(lunes 23 de abril ).AL LABORATORIO DEBE IR EN AYUNAS DE 7:00 AM A 10:00 AM CON EL PASAPORTE UNA FOTO TIPO VISA Y UNA FOTOCOPIA DE LA HOJA BIOGRAFICA DEL PASAPORTE MAS $ 420.000

No olvide que debe estar aquí el día martes 24 de abril a las 3.50 pm puntualmente  para su cita de 4.20   pm  con los documentos solicitados.

Valor de examen físico por persona $245.000 en efectivo pesos Colombianos.

El pago se realiza en efectivo pesos colombianos.

NOTA: NO APLICAR VACUNA DE FIEBRE AMARILLA ANTES DE VIAJAR A BOGOTA  YA QUE NO ES NECESARIA Y SI PUEDE ENTONPECER SU PROCESO DE VACUNACION.

My questions are about the things highlighted green.

1. I read somewhere that the doctor needs to see a carnet de vacunas. My fiance has one from when he waslike, 5 years old. Will it matter if it's old? 
  2. We sent the doc our Embassy interview date (April 26) and they scheduled the other appointments (lab april23 and doc april 24). What I don't understand is that if it says the gonorrea test takes 48 hours to show results, why is it scheduled one day before the medical exam? Not just for us either....apparently that's the norm.  

I appreciate any insight!!! We are SO excited and SO nervous to have everything perfect...we don't want any surprises :wacko:

Mil gracias y dios lo bendiga!

Timeline

@D&Jmora thank you for sharing this! I hope someone can answer your questions! It will help me too because we’re still waiting on our NOA2... I’m excited for you!! buena suerte y todo va estar súper bien!!! 

Timeline

@L and E mil gracias! We will keep you updated about the medical appointments when we learn more. Do you guys have an interview date set yet? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, D&Jmora said:

@L and E mil gracias! We will keep you updated about the medical appointments when we learn more. Do you guys have an interview date set yet? 

Thank you! and.. not yet... still waiting on our NOA2. Hoping for it in the next month or so, they're about to start October! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.