Zaynab Fatai

Lagos Consulate for CR-1 Visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello, my Lagos people who has been scheduled for CR-1 visa interview. Please how long does it take to be scheduled for interview from CC date and what do I need to do to be prepared. Advice please.

1 hour ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Hello, my Lagos people who has been scheduled for CR-1 visa interview. Please how long does it take to be scheduled for interview from CC date and what do I need to do to be prepared. Advice please.

Congrats. You can follow this thread for those who are at a similar stage as you are. Based on the tracker, the lag from CC to interview for Nigeria in the last few months is generally about 60-90 days, though periods as low as 40 days and as high as 137 days have been reported.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My case complete was 1/13 and interview date scheduled 1/29...That is just when they scheduled and not the interview date itself, but usually they start scheduling interviews towards the end of the month to the beginning of the new month..They will give you anywhere between 40 to 90 days in advance for an interview date..Actually Lagos is pretty good on scheduling interviews in a timely manner unlike other countries because I have come across where people cases are complete from last August and they still don't have interview dates..

Timeline
On 2/24/2018 at 5:22 AM, OlayemiLoray said:

My case complete was 1/13 and interview date scheduled 1/29...That is just when they scheduled and not the interview date itself, but usually they start scheduling interviews towards the end of the month to the beginning of the new month..They will give you anywhere between 40 to 90 days in advance for an interview date..Actually Lagos is pretty good on scheduling interviews in a timely manner unlike other countries because I have come across where people cases are complete from last August and they still don't have interview dates..

Hello, i just read through your timeline. Congrats on your journey. I also had a cc on 15th Feb, but no interview date yet. Please how long does it take to be scheduled for Lagos? And have you been scheduled as well? Also, what’s the processing for medicals in Lagos and when do I need to do and what can I take along with me. I’ll appreciate a response. Sorry to bother you. Thanks  😊

Timeline
On 2/26/2018 at 2:51 AM, Zaynab Fatai said:

Hello, i just read through your timeline. Congrats on your journey. I also had a cc on 15th Feb, but no interview date yet. Please how long does it take to be scheduled for Lagos? And have you been scheduled as well? Also, what’s the processing for medicals in Lagos and when do I need to do and what can I take along with me. I’ll appreciate a response. Sorry to bother you. Thanks  😊

You should have an interview date I would think..They started scheduling for April on February 28th..Yes, we have already been scheduled for an interview...Once you receive your interview letter it will be when you go for your medicals..You will need your passport, 2 current passport photos, the interview letter, and prior vaccination records if any, but you have to wait for the interview letter to do medicals...You are welcome..

Timeline
1 hour ago, OlayemiLoray said:

You should have an interview date I would think..They started scheduling for April on February 28th..Yes, we have already been scheduled for an interview...Once you receive your interview letter it will be when you go for your medicals..You will need your passport, 2 current passport photos, the interview letter, and prior vaccination records if any, but you have to wait for the interview letter to do medicals...You are welcome..

Hello, congrats! I’ve not been scheduled, I called NVC on 28th and 1st of March and they claimed they’re still expecting a date from Lagos and once they get one they will send an email. I just hope I get a date in April. The wait is exhausting. Thank you so much for your response and I wish you success in the final rounds.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/2/2018 at 5:21 AM, OlayemiLoray said:

Hello, congrats on the success of your Husband’s interview. I just got my interview date for May 3rd. Please how do I go about the medicals and which of the hospitals & also the fee? Kindly put me thru, I don’t know if it’s also done in Abuja where I reside. And how long does it take to get results & X-ray after the whole process is achieved. Kindly help

Edited by Zaynab Fatai

Timeline
6 hours ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Hello, congrats on the success of your Husband’s interview. I just got my interview date for May 3rd. Please how do I go about the medicals and which of the hospitals & also the fee? Kindly put me thru, I don’t know if it’s also done in Abuja where I reside. And how long does it take to get results & X-ray after the whole process is achieved. Kindly help

First off, congrats on your Interview! My husband's interview was March 12th and he got Medicals done on February 15th so that way it will be back in time for his interview...It taken exactly 2 weeks when he received them..He went to the Children's Place in Ikoyi and it was anywhere between 125,000 to 130,000 Naira....I am not sure if it's done in Abuja, but double check to see if so...I want to say it is, but don't quote me on that please...

Timeline
28 minutes ago, OlayemiLoray said:

First off, congrats on your Interview! My husband's interview was March 12th and he got Medicals done on February 15th so that way it will be back in time for his interview...It taken exactly 2 weeks when he received them..He went to the Children's Place in Ikoyi and it was anywhere between 125,000 to 130,000 Naira....I am not sure if it's done in Abuja, but double check to see if so...I want to say it is, but don't quote me on that please...

Thank you so much 😊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.