Jimmy The Tulip

Current wait times for spouses of LPR is ~2 Years

2 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I see this question being asked a lot here so I thought I would chime in and add some insight. I've done quite a bit of reading on this site and others to figure out a timeline so I feel confident in the approximations below.

Right now, from PD to interview date, the wait for Spouses of LPR's is roughly 2 years.

For CSC, the wait is currently 13-15 months to get an Approval or a Request for Evidence (RFE). Other service centers might be quicker to issue a Approval/RFE.

(I mention CSC because that is where I was processed through, it seems to be the longest wait out of all centers, and most people here seem to be going through CSC.)

After approval, we look to the Visa Bulletin. This bulletin can be unpredictable, but by current estimates, this will add another 10-12 months of waiting for Final Action Dates to become current at which point you will be scheduled an interview and receive your Visa shortly following your trip to the embassy.

Different applicants receive answers at different times. If you see others with similar PD's here receiving approvals or moving on to the next step, dont hesitate to call USCIS or NVC to get an update on your application. But understand that applications are not all processed at the exact same time so your approval/RFE/whatever may be coming a few days or weeks apart from someone elses.

Again, Right now, from PD to interview date, the wait for Spouses of LPR's is roughly 2 years.

Hang in there, we are all going to make it.

Edited by Jimmy The Tulip

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, Jimmy The Tulip said:

I see this question being asked a lot here so I thought I would chime in and add some insight. I've done quite a bit of reading on this site and others to figure out a timeline so I feel confident in the approximations below.

Right now, from PD to interview date, the wait for Spouses of LPR's is roughly 2 years.

For CSC, the wait is currently 13-15 months to get an Approval or a Request for Evidence (RFE). Other service centers might be quicker to issue a Approval/RFE.

(I mention CSC because that is where I was processed through, it seems to be the longest wait out of all centers, and most people here seem to be going through CSC.)

After approval, we look to the Visa Bulletin. This bulletin can be unpredictable, but by current estimates, this will add another 10-12 months of waiting for Final Action Dates to become current at which point you will be scheduled an interview and receive your Visa shortly following your trip to the embassy.

Different applicants receive answers at different times. If you see others with similar PD's here receiving approvals or moving on to the next step, dont hesitate to call USCIS or NVC to get an update on your application. But understand that applications are not all processed at the exact same time so your approval/RFE/whatever may be coming a few days or weeks apart from someone elses.

Again, Right now, from PD to interview date, the wait for Spouses of LPR's is roughly 2 years.

True

21 hours ago, Jimmy The Tulip said:

True

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.