Greggielyn mendez

Is past visa(tourist) denials can affect k1visa?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, Greggielyn mendez said:

Just wondering. I had b1 denial last nov 2017 and we applied last January 2018. Can it affect our application?

Depends on the reason.

if it was simply because you didn't have enough ties to your home country or so, no it won't affect k1 visa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Denials for tourist visa's are relatively common.

Long as everything was truthful on the application, shouldn't cause any issues.

If there were lies/misrepresentation... then yes, definately can cause a problem.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greggielyn mendez said:

Yes because i dont have a job, but were bf and gf already when i applied b1 before. But my reason is im planning to visit my aunt

So you lied at the interview and gave the a different reason?

That would be misrepresenting. And that may cause issues.

this process likes honesty more than anything...

you dont don't have a job (this is an ok reason)

you said you want to see your aunt, and they learnt you had a bf (this may taken as misrepresentation)

Edited by Naes

1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

If there were lies/misrepresentation... then yes, definately can cause a problem.

I just thought, they might think that im lying but i just planned to visit my aunt. But i got denied. I hope it will not be a huge problem 

1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

I concur with @Ben&Zian as well on this. If you were just denied then that is fine. I know from experience that it will NOT affect a K1 visa as long as you were being truthful during the whole process. Where some people mess up is that they try to lie in order to be approved such as saying they were married, and then for the K1 they are now all of a sudden single with no divorce or annulment.

Ben&Zian- Go Duke

No. I didnt lie. Thats my reason thats why i applied its not because of my bf

What country is this?

Timeline

No. I didnt lie. Thats my reason thats why i applied its not because of my bf

I mean as long as they were convinced. And the only reason was the job. Then you have no worries. 

2 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I concur with @Ben&Zian as well on this. If you were just denied then that is fine. I know from experience that it will NOT affect a K1 visa as long as you were being truthful during the whole process. Where some people mess up is that they try to lie in order to be approved such as saying they were married, and then for the K1 they are now all of a sudden single with no divorce or annulment.

Ben&Zian- Go Duke

What country is this?

Philippines sir. 

4 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Ben&Zian- Go Duke

What country is this?

But i got two j1 visa before. So i think this might help?

3 minutes ago, Greggielyn mendez said:

Philippines sir. 

Ahhh sige sige then yes this is very common in the Philippines to be denied for a tourist visa. My asawa was denied for her tourist visa as well to come vacation with me, and there was no problems when I filed for her K1 visa 6 months later. You just have to put down that you applied for a tourist visa previously and was denied. They can see it in the system so no sense in leaving it out.

2 minutes ago, Greggielyn mendez said:

Yea i think so. Coz when i told her that im unemployed she held me the rejection paper

Yeah she thought that you would come over and stay. Which they are supposed to think like that until you prove them otherwise.

Edited by cyberfx1024

6 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Ahhh sige sige then yes this is very common in the Philippines to be denied for a tourist visa. My asawa was denied for her tourist visa as well to come vacation with me, and there was no problems when I filed for her K1 visa 6 months later. You just have to put down that you applied for a tourist visa previously and was denied. They can see it in the system so no sense in leaving it out.

Yeah she thought that you would come over and stay. Which they are supposed to think like that until you prove them otherwise.

Hayyy thank you sir at mapapanatag na ako :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.