Jerimiah2911

DCF Accepted I30 but Confused if Means Approval

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. My wife and I are very confused and hope we are not making our situation more complicated then what it really is. First, in Dec 2013 my USC wife hired an attorney to review all paperwork submitted for I30 and he submitted for us. We were married in June 2013.   I30  was approved in 2014. However, due to wife's need to be with me following her parent's death, she moved from USA to India to live with me. Unfortunately due to circumstances,  we left the Approval expire even though we also had paid for Visa app fee.   So, now we are ready to go to USA to settle. As we were reviewing past documents in prep for refiling I30, we noticed that on my original divorce documents, the petition filed for divorce was March 2013 (my ex wife and I had lived apart and been seperated since 2010 at the time) but the actual final decree is dated Sept 2013.  It was my understanding at time of filing for divorce in March 2013 as told by the ex-spouse attorney that the divorce and " formalities " were finished and that I would get copies from court within the next few months, thus was free to marry.  So, it was our understanding that the documents dated March 2013 were legal divorce approval and that, due to Indian lengthy release of original papers, the decree document dated Sept 2013 (written in Mahrati, which I don't speak/understand) was only a copy for formalities. 

We presented all of these original documents to the USCIS Officer in Delhi who reviewed everything and noticed the dates. He told us he is accepting the I30 petition and our Demand Draft and will forward onto Consultate for adjudication.  Our confusion is this:  We have read experiences from others' posts on other portals that during the Visa Interview, their marriage was considered void or invalid.  We paid a large sum of money traveling to USCIS and paying for DD so that we were sure to apply for correct, legal petition as to avoid any complications or problems.  Sorry for so many details but we would appreciate any one's experience who may have been in similar situation.  Thank you so much!!

4 minutes ago, Willtra said:

Hi everyone. My wife and I are very confused and hope we are not making our situation more complicated then what it really is. First, in Dec 2013 my USC wife hired an attorney to review all paperwork submitted for I30 and he submitted for us. We were married in June 2013.   I30  was approved in 2014. However, due to wife's need to be with me following her parent's death, she moved from USA to India to live with me. Unfortunately due to circumstances,  we left the Approval expire even though we also had paid for Visa app fee.   So, now we are ready to go to USA to settle. As we were reviewing past documents in prep for refiling I30, we noticed that on my original divorce documents, the petition filed for divorce was March 2013 (my ex wife and I had lived apart and been seperated since 2010 at the time) but the actual final decree is dated Sept 2013.  It was my understanding at time of filing for divorce in March 2013 as told by the ex-spouse attorney that the divorce and " formalities " were finished and that I would get copies from court within the next few months, thus was free to marry.  So, it was our understanding that the documents dated March 2013 were legal divorce approval and that, due to Indian lengthy release of original papers, the decree document dated Sept 2013 (written in Mahrati, which I don't speak/understand) was only a copy for formalities. 

We presented all of these original documents to the USCIS Officer in Delhi who reviewed everything and noticed the dates. He told us he is accepting the I30 petition and our Demand Draft and will forward onto Consultate for adjudication.  Our confusion is this:  We have read experiences from others' posts on other portals that during the Visa Interview, their marriage was considered void or invalid.  We paid a large sum of money traveling to USCIS and paying for DD so that we were sure to apply for correct, legal petition as to avoid any complications or problems.  Sorry for so many details but we would appreciate any one's experience who may have been in similar situation.  Thank you so much!!

If you traveled to apply and give I-130 and they took the papers, it doesn't mean the petition was approved. It's been only accepted for further review.  

Although, i m not competent to tell you whether your marriage is void or not. You have not translated your divorce decree to know the date when it was final? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.