Amelmahbub07

Police clearance Certificate

16 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I was in UK for 8 years with student visa. But returned to my home country two years ago. Do i still need police clearance from UK for my immigrant visa interview?

Timeline

But how can i get it from UK??? Its almost a impossible task for me. I cant get in UK though and I don’t have anybody who can handle it from UK. Im really worried about that matter. Why they need police clearance when people left the country permanently long ago. To me its like a unfair hassle for people even who not belongs to that country anymore 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Amelmahbub07 said:

But how can i get it from UK??? Its almost a impossible task for me. I cant get in UK though and I don’t have anybody who can handle it from UK. Im really worried about that matter. Why they need police clearance when people left the country permanently long ago. To me its like a unfair hassle for people even who not belongs to that country anymore 

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

How can i pay fee if they want i dont have any bank card or any bank account in Bangladesh 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Amelmahbub07 said:

How can i pay fee if they want i dont have any bank card or any bank account in Bangladesh 

Your petitioner?

YMMV

Timeline
17 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Your petitioner?

If i find anyone in uk willing to help me does he can get it behalf of me? Does police authority hand over it to third person in UK? Thank you mate

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Amelmahbub07 said:

If i find anyone in uk willing to help me does he can get it behalf of me? Does police authority hand over it to third person in UK? Thank you mate

Google is your friend

If you want someone other than you to deal with your application on your behalf, you must provide written consent. See Section 8 of the application form. If you decide after sending in your application form that you would like someone to be able to deal with any issues for you, you must provide written consent.

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Google is your friend

If you want someone other than you to deal with your application on your behalf, you must provide written consent. See Section 8 of the application form. If you decide after sending in your application form that you would like someone to be able to deal with any issues for you, you must provide written consent.

Thank you very much for your kind info

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from Off Topic to General Immigration Discussion.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

15 hours ago, Amelmahbub07 said:

It is not difficult to get police certificate from UK.  go to this link https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx .

You can apply online. You have to upload your picture; need to provide TWO proofs of your current address , need one Endorser. You must choose International Courier Delivery.  I was in UK also. I ordered police certificate from Bangladesh and they delivered it to my Bangladesh address. They delivered it by DHL. I got it only 16 days. They will provide you a tracking number also.

But, one thing you have to pay it online. You can use any one’s card.

19 hours ago, Amelmahbub07 said:

Everything you need to know about police certificates for immigrant visas is...under the pertinent section of the immigration part of the DoS website. This should be your first reference for everything. I don’t know where TomEn gets 5 years from, misleading and wrong, any country you’ve lived in for more than 12 months since age 16, plus country of nationality and current country if more than 6 months, you require a police certificate for. The “reciprocity by country” pages on the DoS website tell you how to get them from each country whether inside or outside.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/UnitedKingdom.html

Why is it unfair, you think it’s fair someone might have committed a crime but because they don’t live there anymore and getting a police certificate is a hassle it doesn’t matter?! :blink: Millions of people have managed to get PCs from countries they no longer live in...

Timeline
On 12/02/2018 at 9:19 PM, Shohel Mahmud said:

It is not difficult to get police certificate from UK.  go to this link https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx .

You can apply online. You have to upload your picture; need to provide TWO proofs of your current address , need one Endorser. You must choose International Courier Delivery.  I was in UK also. I ordered police certificate from Bangladesh and they delivered it to my Bangladesh address. They delivered it by DHL. I got it only 16 days. They will provide you a tracking number also.

But, one thing you have to pay it online. You can use any one’s card.

Yeah I figured out everything bro. Its not that difficult. But thank you for your important reply. One more thing is it necessary my current passport address and uk police certificate address should be the same? Is it ok if I choose endorser from Bangladesh?

Edited by Amelmahbub07

Timeline
22 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Everything you need to know about police certificates for immigrant visas is...under the pertinent section of the immigration part of the DoS website. This should be your first reference for everything. I don’t know where TomEn gets 5 years from, misleading and wrong, any country you’ve lived in for more than 12 months since age 16, plus country of nationality and current country if more than 6 months, you require a police certificate for. The “reciprocity by country” pages on the DoS website tell you how to get them from each country whether inside or outside.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/UnitedKingdom.html

Why is it unfair, you think it’s fair someone might have committed a crime but because they don’t live there anymore and getting a police certificate is a hassle it doesn’t matter?! :blink: Millions of people have managed to get PCs from countries they no longer live in...

You r right thank you for your reply

31 minutes ago, Amelmahbub07 said:

Yeah I figured out everything bro. Its not that difficult. But thank you for your important reply. One more thing is it necessary my current passport address and uk police certificate address should be the same? Is it ok if I choose endorser from Bangladesh

I chose endorser from Bangladesh. If your current address is different from your passport address then It is not a problem.  For proof of address, I showed my Bank statement from two different Bangladeshi Bank.  If you want you can talk with them +44 (0)2380 479 920. I talked with them about my proof of address. They are very helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.