10 posts in this topic

Hi There, anyone over here knows what documents you need at the NVC stage when applying DCF. Also I have been living outside USA since the age of 16 and have applied for my husband for a green card and want to move back. I really don't know about the taxes system and is there any forum for NVC.

I'm a bit confused. First of all DCF applicants skip the NVC phase and instead submit their documents directly to the embassy at the time of the interview. Secondly, your timeline says that you're filing for a spouse in the UAE, and from what I can tell, DCF is not available in the UAE. Are you somewhere else?

As far as taxes go, US citizens are required to file taxes and report all world wide income every year, even if they are not employed by a US company or present in the US. I believe you're exempt from filing if you make under the federal filing limit. If that's the case then you'll have to submit a letter to the NVC or embassy in lieu of your tax returns.

Edited by Jorge V

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

@Jorge V Thank you for the info. I believe that if my income is below USD 90000 annually I wont be charged tax? I have been living outside USA since the age of 16. Could you please guide me how to go about this. My case is now at the NVC and we will get our case number is a couple of days. I want to get my paperwork ready asap

You cannot be at the NVC if you filed the petition directly with an embassy. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Looking at your previous posts you are on the normal IR1/CR1 path. 

Since your questions are directly about the NVC I will move your thread there.  

~~moved to NVC from DCF~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

50 minutes ago, Amisharjil said:

@Jorge V Thank you for the info. I believe that if my income is below USD 90000 annually I wont be charged tax? I have been living outside USA since the age of 16. Could you please guide me how to go about this. My case is now at the NVC and we will get our case number is a couple of days. I want to get my paperwork ready asap

You are somewhat correct. I believe you're referring to the foreign earned income exclusion (FEIE), which allows US citizens to exclude the first $102,100 of their foreign earned income. If you earn less than this amount then you will likely not owe federal income tax. However, you are still required to file taxes unless you earned less than $10,400 in 2017 (different for other years). If during any year you earned greater than the minimum amount, you were required to file taxes. The NVC will either expect your tax returns for the last three years, or a letter for each year that you were not required to file because you earned less than the minimum. If you did in fact earn more than the minimum then you will have to file taxes for previous years before the NVC will allow you to progress.

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

9 hours ago, Amisharjil said:

@NikLR are there any forms for NVC?

Yes and I moved your thread there. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.