VZtoUS

Employment question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello all,

My current situation is a bit complicated and I was hoping to get some advice. I currently am awaiting NOA2 for my fiances visa, recieved NOA 1 in November however my current job is not maintainable. I started a new job in September and discovered recently that the company is conducting business in ways made it impossible to stay employed for much longer. Needless to say, I am terrified that this will disrupt the K1 Visa process. I have year experience in Government and the regulatory environment so I hope and pray I will not be unemployed for long but I can not continue employed at my current company. 

How will this affect the K1 Process as I was employeed for all of the previous 8 years making nearly 100k annually at each job but again, the future is uncertain. Thanks 

Filed: Timeline

Unfortunately the past does not matter (much). They look at your past as an indication of your future employment situation. However when its time to fill out the 134 and later the 864 the only thing that matters is CURRENT income. So you need to have a job to fill out the forms and be approved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you feel you will lose your job soon and you are in the middle of the K-1 Process you can use assets or you could choose to find a Co-Sponsor on your I134.  Those are some alternatives.    Good Luck

K-1 Visa Timeline

2016.08.11 - Mailed I-129f to USCIS

2016.08.12 - I-129 Received by USCIS

2016.08.16 - Received NOA1 via Txt Message

2016.08.18 - Received NOA1 I-797C via USPS

2016.09.21 - Received NOA2 via Txt Message (35 days)

2016.09.26 - Received NOA2 Hard copy via USPS

2016.10.06 - Received Case number from NVC

2016.10.12 - Case in Transit from NVC to BKK Embassy

2016.10.15 - Case Received by Consulate

2016.10.19 - Status changed from Transit to Ready

2016.10.20 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate via Post

2016.10.25 - Packet 4 received from Consulate (Interview scheduled 11/15/16)

2016.11.02 - Medical Exam completed

2016.11.15 - Visa Approved!! (90 Days)

2016.11.17 - Visa received via Thai Post

2016.11.30 - Arrived in the USA!! POE: Chicago

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 1/31/2018 at 3:27 PM, sfcscott said:

If you feel you will lose your job soon and you are in the middle of the K-1 Process you can use assets or you could choose to find a Co-Sponsor on your I134.  Those are some alternatives.    Good Luck

Can the cosponsor be a friend?  My situation is the following; I am a medical student second year going into 3rd. I have some money saved from when i worked from my transition after finishing by bachelors until medical school. May i use a cosponsor? and sort of explain my situation?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.