Bast'

Interview cancellation notice from uscis

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi there!
I checked my application status online this morning and it says that they cancelled my interview and that they will send me a notice..... We haven't even had an interview date yet.

Is it a bad sign? Does that mean my application has been rejected?

If someone could help me, that would be great, I'm really afraid now. We haven't had any RFE until now.

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It has happened to other members in the past unfortunately.

No, it does not mean you were denied/rejected in any way.

Sometimes appointments get cancelled and rescheduled due to the offices being closed on that day, the IO has another obligation that day, scheduling conflict, etc.

As they mentioned, they will send you a notice of a new interview date----just be forewarned, sometimes it can take up to a few months to get a new date.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline
4 hours ago, Going through said:

It has happened to other members in the past unfortunately.

No, it does not mean you were denied/rejected in any way.

Sometimes appointments get cancelled and rescheduled due to the offices being closed on that day, the IO has another obligation that day, scheduling conflict, etc.

As they mentioned, they will send you a notice of a new interview date----just be forewarned, sometimes it can take up to a few months to get a new date.

Thanks for your message!! This is so frustrating.

I just didn't even have an interview scheduled.... and don't understand why, then, it got cancelled. So weird..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bast' said:

Thanks for your message!! This is so frustrating.

I just didn't even have an interview scheduled.... and don't understand why, then, it got cancelled. So weird..

Look at it this way---it would have been more devastating for you if you HAD gotten an actual date then spent the entire time looking forward to the interview, and then they cancelled it right before ;) 

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline
3 hours ago, Going through said:

Look at it this way---it would have been more devastating for you if you HAD gotten an actual date then spent the entire time looking forward to the interview, and then they cancelled it right before ;) 

True!;)

18 hours ago, Going through said:

When I had my GC interview back in 2012 I showed up to the interview only to be told it was cancelled as the Interviewing Officer was on vacation! I was so mad!! They didnt even send me a notice. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 1/27/2018 at 7:40 AM, Bast' said:

Hi there!
I checked my application status online this morning and it says that they cancelled my interview and that they will send me a notice..... We haven't even had an interview date yet.

If someone could help me, that would be great, I'm really afraid now. We haven't had any RFE until now.

Thank you!

same thing just happened to us! I guess ours was probably cancelled because we just moved from Connecticut to California and filed for a change of address but we were super bummed to see the interview cancelled because we hadn't even gotten a notice of it being scheduled, and we would have flown back just for the interview since we've been waiting since we filed in October 2016!

AOS Timeline

Married: 08/26/2016

AOS Filed: 10/27/2016

AOS Case received: 10/31/2016

NOA Received: 11/16/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 12/08/2016

RFIE response received: 01/13/2017

EAD Card in production: 03/14/2017 

Timeline
2 hours ago, lmenko said:

same thing just happened to us! I guess ours was probably cancelled because we just moved from Connecticut to California and filed for a change of address but we were super bummed to see the interview cancelled because we hadn't even gotten a notice of it being scheduled, and we would have flown back just for the interview since we've been waiting since we filed in October 2016!

October 2016? Whaaaa that was a while ago.

I didn't move, but mine went back to interview is ready to be scheduled 2 ago...So weird.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bast' said:

October 2016? Whaaaa that was a while ago.

I didn't move, but mine went back to interview is ready to be scheduled 2 ago...So weird.

Yes, it has been a ridiculously long time.. lol. How long did it take for yours to change to interview is ready to be scheduled? We actually never had a status update to ready to be scheduled for interview or interview scheduled. Never got any notice of interview being scheduled. Last time we went in for an infopass in December, they told us same thing.. it hadn't been moved from NBC to field office yet because it was still waiting for background checks so we were pretty shocked to get the interview cancelled update

AOS Timeline

Married: 08/26/2016

AOS Filed: 10/27/2016

AOS Case received: 10/31/2016

NOA Received: 11/16/2016

Biometrics Appointment: 12/08/2016

RFIE response received: 01/13/2017

EAD Card in production: 03/14/2017 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
On 1/27/2018 at 10:40 AM, Bast' said:

Hi there!

Thank you!

Hey! Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. How did you case progress afteward? 

• 5 months later...
Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Sir,

Same thing happened to mine. My case was ready for schedule interview for long time and today check it showing "we cancelled the interview scheduled for your form i-485 ....". I did not received any interview schedule date. Can you please share your experience after that?

Thank you Apurba

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/27/2018 at 7:27 PM, Apurba said:

Hello Sir,

Same thing happened to mine. My case was ready for schedule interview for long time and today check it showing "we cancelled the interview scheduled for your form i-485 ....". I did not received any interview schedule date. Can you please share your experience after that?

Thank you Apurba

Did you get any updates? I got the same notice a week back

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing happened to my Dad’s Adjustment of Status interview. Status was saying  that his interview was cancelled 1 week before his scheduled interview. We still went to the interview today, seems like online cancellation was just a trick or system glitch. Even officers doesn’t even know the cancellation when we checked in. 

I’m so happy we went in, I acted as my Dad’s petitioner and translator. He got approved today to be a legal permanent resident. Yay! After months of waiting and loads of paperwork! So please dont just rely on what you see online, still go to your scheduled interview, you’ll never know! He would have been denied by his absence if we never went! 

Questions are as follows:

What made you decide to apply for Adjustment of Status?

Did you overstay?

Where are the rest of the family?

Ever been arrested? 

The officer was really nice and was even joking all throughout the interview. 

Honesty and smile is the key! 😍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.