BigK

January 2018 - Houston Oath Ceremony

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Anyone scheduled for tomorrow's oath ceremony here in Houston? Because of bad weather schools, several offices and roads are closed. I have tried contacting USCIS but due to huge call volume had to hang up after an hour. I would like to know if anyone had an news on if the ceremony is going to happen or not.

Thanks,

Khawar

Timeline

HOUSTON – The naturalization ceremony scheduled to occur at the M.O. Campbell Center at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018 has been cancelled due to inclement weather. Those scheduled to naturalize tomorrow will receive notification of a new ceremony date from USCIS. 

Timeline

Hey Justin,

Its on USCIS page. Click on Field Office tab to expand it.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

Thanks,

Khawar

Edited by BigK

Hi, 

I was schedule for the Oath ceremony today, and the service was cancelled. 

Does anyone know what the course of action to reschedule the ceremony ? 

Should I expect a different N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony? 

I called USCIS, and the officer told me to send the N-445 back to the local office in order to be rescheduled. 

Please let me know if you information regarding this. 

Sincerely, 

Timeline

Since it was cancelled by USCIS, my understanding is (and also the wording from the notice on their site) that they will notify us with a new date. I will wait this week and will try to contact them next week.

Thanks,

Khawar

Timeline
Just now, Reda7 said:

The information provided by the USCIS officer was incorrect. I called again, and was told that USCIS will contact the applicants  (by mail or phone) to reschedule the Oath Ceremony. 

I apologize for the confusion

oh good, thanks for the update :)

24 minutes ago, Reda7 said:

Hi, 

I was schedule for the Oath ceremony today, and the service was cancelled. 

Does anyone know what the course of action to reschedule the ceremony ? 

Should I expect a different N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony? 

I called USCIS, and the officer told me to send the N-445 back to the local office in order to be rescheduled. 

Please let me know if you information regarding this. 

Sincerely, 

Did you get a call from someone about your cancelled ceremony? I got a call from the immigration office in Memphis and told me that my ceremony was cancelled and that I don't have to do anything and they will mail another notice about my ceremony. I asked her when and she said she has no idea. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just to gauge processing time...

When did you (that are supposed to be in the Houston January Oath ceremony) file your application?

04/2006 - came to US as L1 employee

04/2010 - got married

11/2010 - submitted AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765)

05/2011 - Welcome letter arrived in the mail

11/2017 - Filed for naturalization (Online Houston office)

11/2017 - Biometrics

06/2018 - Interview (passed)

06/2018 - Case approved notification

Timeline
7 hours ago, Abj said:

Hi everyone 

I had interview last  year December 10 any one has idea how long take times for oath ceremony 

thanks

My interview was on December 14th and received the letter for Oath on 19th December and Oath was scheduled for January 17th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.