ChelAnnan31

Issued to admin processing ...

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Husband had interview on January 5th, U.S. embassy Ghana. Visa approved; ceac status changed from issued to admin processing. What does this mean? And also, does anyone know the current time frame for visa to be picked up at dhl Ghana?

Timeline

Congratulations to you guys.....had my interview on January 9th, U.S embassy Ghana....got an Approval and CEAC status has been on AP since.....hopefully mine will be ready for pick up soon.

Timeline
3 hours ago, NY&Kay said:

Congratulations to you guys.....had my interview on January 9th, U.S embassy Ghana....got an Approval and CEAC status has been on AP since.....hopefully mine will be ready for pick up soon.

Congrats to you as well... oh wow really? His said admin processing for only a few short hours after the interview,  then changed to issued. It's been a week and a half since interview and when i checked it last night it said admin processing again. I was bummed. Woke up this morning to check it and it was changed back to issued. My husband called me some hours later saying he got a text saying ready for pickup , then I checked and sure enough,  text and email saying reasy for pick up. I was shocked because it was ready before 2 weeks time. Yayyyy!!

Timeline

Great news!!!! It's an unsettling feeling even after being approved, until passport is ready for pickup...."It's Ghana" LoL.....Hopefully I'm next.

Thanks for sharing:D

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NY&Kay said:

Great news!!!! It's an unsettling feeling even after being approved, until passport is ready for pickup...."It's Ghana" LoL.....Hopefully I'm next.

I went for my follow up interview on January 8th at the US Ghana Embassy after my i601/i212 waiver was approved. Interview went well and I submitted all required documents. After interview, Consular  told me to wait a few weeks and that I would get a txt message or email notification when the passport/visa is ready for pickup. My issue is, my status at the CEAC site still shows Refused and case last update still shows January 8th. 

How long will it take for my status at CEAC site to change to Issued?? 

It is a good idea to contact the Consulate via email to get an update on my case?

Thanks. 

Timeline
On 1/17/2018 at 6:15 PM, ChelAnnan31 said:

Checked this morning and passport ready for pick up, yayyy!!

How did you do the check? How many days did it take for you to get it. Mine is delaying and I cannot check the status as the link is not working for me. Please help!:(

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hellat said:

How did you do the check? How many days did it take for you to get it. Mine is delaying and I cannot check the status as the link is not working for me. Please help!:(

I sent an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com 

Just put the passport number in the subject line and in the message. It will return an email back telling the the status of ur passport. My husband also called dhl Here is the link..
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-niv-passporttrack.asp

Timeline
6 hours ago, ChelAnnan31 said:

I sent an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com 

Just put the passport number in the subject line and in the message. It will return an email back telling the the status of ur passport. My husband also called dhl Here is the link..
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/gh/gh-niv-passporttrack.asp

I tried that and it just keeps telling me that there is no status update :( I wonder what it means

Timeline
4 hours ago, Hellat said:

I tried that and it just keeps telling me that there is no status update :( I wonder what it means

You guys did register on ustraveldocs.com/gh right? Because they will swnd a text as soon as it's ready. Theywvwn had my husbands passport ready 3 days after the interview, but instead canceled the first visa stamp in the passport, and gave another 3 days later. So basically we didn't even wait the full.2 weeks. It was exactly a week and 3 days after interview and his visa was ready for pickup.. call DHL

Edited by ChelAnnan31

Timeline
On 1/18/2018 at 1:28 AM, Mach001 said:

I went for my follow up interview on January 8th at the US Ghana Embassy after my i601/i212 waiver was approved. Interview went well and I submitted all required documents. After interview, Consular  told me to wait a few weeks and that I would get a txt message or email notification when the passport/visa is ready for pickup. My issue is, my status at the CEAC site still shows Refused and case last update still shows January 8th. 

How long will it take for my status at CEAC site to change to Issued?? 

It is a good idea to contact the Consulate via email to get an update on my case?

Thanks. 

•  

Yes you should call and find out why the status hasn't changed, or DHL and see if they have received the passport yet

Timeline
On 1/18/2018 at 1:14 AM, NY&Kay said:

Indeed! Stay on top of it.. it may even be ready before you know it,  such as ours:jest:.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, ChelAnnan31 said:

You guys did register on ustraveldocs.com/gh right? Because they will swnd a text as soon as it's ready. Theywvwn had my husbands passport ready 3 days after the interview, but instead canceled the first visa stamp in the passport, and gave another 3 days later. So basically we didn't even wait the full.2 weeks. It was exactly a week and 3 days after interview and his visa was ready for pickup.. call DHL

I tried registering and it kept saying to check my surname which I was spelling correctly. So I decided to log in with my details instead of creating one and it worked... Called DHL and they said they cannot tell me on phone wether it not is ready so I will go there and check

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.