Marta Proniagina

2 questions: birth certificate and medical

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone! I am currently in the States on k-1 visa and thinking about applying for GK. My fiance and I are not married yet but planning to do so in March (my 90 days expires on March,23). Reading the info I got 2 questions and would appreciate the help.

1) I need to provide birth certificate with all the other documents: can I do the translation of it myself? If so, shall it be notarized? If not, can it be possibly translated/and notarized(certified) online? because we live in a very small town and there are no Russians in the area.

2) I completed my medical on October,18th 2017 and on the copy I received it says it's valid til April,18th. I did'n have any problems with the medical and I know it's supposed to be valid for a year but mine says only 6 months. Does this mean that I'll have to get the knew medical done before applying for GK? And if it's still valid for a year, will I have to retake it before the GK interview?Because with current slow process for GK it may be expired by the time of the interview.

Thank you very much in advance! Looks like AoS is more confusing than K1 process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

What is GK?

You cannot translate it yourself, it does not need to be certified but you need a statement from the translator saying he’s able to translate from English to Russian. 

Medical is only valid for 6 months you must adjust status before it expires or you will need a new one. 

Timeline
Just now, TNJ17 said:

What is GK?

You cannot translate it yourself, it does not need to be certified but you need a statement from the translator saying he’s able to translate from English to Russian. 

Medical is only valid for 6 months you must adjust status before it expires or you will need a new one. 

My bad. I meant GC - green card

Alright, thank you for the info!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Marta Proniagina said:

Do you have the translation of your birth certificate that  you submitted with your i129f ? 

She means green card @TNJ17

16 minutes ago, Marta Proniagina said:

Thank you very much in advance! Looks like AoS is more confusing than K1 process.

Don't worry it's not as hard 

Mostly its just copies of everything you submitted already to be honest 

Just new forms to fill out plus your marriage certificate 

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
Just now, Marzena & Stephen said:

Do you have the translation of your birth certificate that  you submitted with your i129f ? 

She means green card @TNJ17

Yeah if you have a copy of that then you don’t need to get it again.

USCIS generally accepts the medical report for up to a year. Since you're doing AOS from a K-1, they normally only go by when you file for AOS, not when it is adjudicated.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You should have had to provide the Russian birth certificate and a translation into English for the application

they should have returned this in packe at time of interview

Did you keep copies of everything done for the immigration

always a good idea / going to need the origianl birth and translation for a lot of things in the US

also any school or college records , vaccination records 

don't throw any away

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

USCIS generally accepts the medical report for up to a year. Since you're doing AOS from a K-1, they normally only go by when you file for AOS, not when it is adjudicated.

I agree 

Timeline

Russian embassy didn't ask for the translation of my birth certificate. And on some russian forum I saw many women translating it themselves and just signed it as they are proficient in English and Russian. That's why I've already translated it myself but not sure what to do with it now.

Are there any online resources which can do certified translations? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

You should have had to provide the Russian birth certificate and a translation into English for the application

they should have returned this in packe at time of interview

Did you keep copies of everything done for the immigration

always a good idea / going to need the origianl birth and translation for a lot of things in the US

also any school or college records , vaccination records 

don't throw any away

Yes. I've learnt this lesson... didn't make any copies of the petition and now mad at myself for this

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Marta Proniagina said:

Yes. I've learnt this lesson... didn't make any copies of the petition and now mad at myself for this

Ouch,  so many times i see this

some of these things are needed for applying for driving license,  applying for AOS and even to apply later for citzenship

Try the nearest college and ask if there is anyone who can traslate for you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.