ebouloudene

We got our NVC case number!! SOS

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

So we have gotten our Case number from the NVC finally after 6 weeks, I'm kind of confused as to what I should do now?  when I put it in as an immigrant visa it takes me to a 6 step process and the first thing it says is to get an agent? honestly I'm confused about the whole process from here on out so any help is appreciated...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

It is confusing wording.  It just means who should be the primary person to get the subsequent correspondence. 

It can be the petitioner, beneficiary, or an attorney if you have one.  They just want to know who is doing the hands on work and responsible for the case to completion.  The petitioner and beneficiary get cc'd either way. 

Timeline
Just now, bakphx1@aol.com said:

It is confusing wording.  It just means who should be the primary person to get the subsequent correspondence. 

It can be the petitioner, beneficiary, or an attorney if you have one.  They just want to know who is doing the hands on work and responsible for the case to completion.  The petitioner and beneficiary get cc'd either way. 

You supply that info to them online. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, bakphx1@aol.com said:

oh ok thanks but I still don't know the next steps what do I do now that I have this case number?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ebouloudene said:

oh ok thanks but I still don't know the next steps what do I do now that I have this case number?

Go to https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

The login is the case number. Here it usually has the stuff indicated that you need to do next. 

I think here you can opt in to have your case completed online now that you have a case number.   I recommend that as well. I will double check it's the same place.  

Timeline

The link I gave you is for both, but using that link you handle your case electronically.  You will technically fill out DS-261 online (agent selection) and another fee may be due. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, bakphx1@aol.com said:

The link I gave you is for both, but using that link you handle your case electronically.  You will technically fill out DS-261 online (agent selection) and another fee may be due. 

I was told ds160?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, ebouloudene said:

I was told ds160?

The DS-261 follows that.  It's a choice of agent.  It can be done online, preferably that way. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

find here, you would know. http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process#Step_2_-_Submit_DS-261

Edited by Mara0899

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

K-1 petitions are given new case number and being sent to the embassy by NVC, only spousal visa are processed by NVC. Some people get those two process mixed up.

At NVC they give your petition new case number and forward it to US embassy of your choice for final processing. I suggest reading  your country US embassy site for further instructions. Your status here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx should be “in transit” or “ready”. After US embassy receives the petition they will send you necessary information by mail. 

Generally as a beneficiary you need to fill form DS-160, pay MRV fee to be able to schedule an interview. 2 weeks before your interview you should have done medicals by a panel physician listed by your embassy. Each country might be a bit different so that’s why I suggest reading informations at the US embassy site or wait for your letter! Good luck! 👍🏻 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Marcelina said:

K-1 petitions are given new case number and being sent to the embassy by NVC, only spousal visa are processed by NVC. Some people get those two process mixed up.

At NVC they give your petition new case number and forward it to US embassy of your choice for final processing. I suggest reading  your country US embassy site for further instructions. Your status here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx should be “in transit” or “ready”. After US embassy receives the petition they will send you necessary information by mail. 

Generally as a beneficiary you need to fill form DS-160, pay MRV fee to be able to schedule an interview. 2 weeks before your interview you should have done medicals by a panel physician listed by your embassy. Each country might be a bit different so that’s why I suggest reading informations at the US embassy site or wait for your letter! Good luck! 👍🏻 

im not the beneficiary my fiancé is, but we got our case number from nvc today and now I'm just confused as to what I should do I'm being told that my fiancé needs to fill out ds261 then ds160 and pay for fees but I'm not sure in which order

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
12 minutes ago, ebouloudene said:

im not the beneficiary my fiancé is, but we got our case number from nvc today and now I'm just confused as to what I should do I'm being told that my fiancé needs to fill out ds261 then ds160 and pay for fees but I'm not sure in which order

I think the only accurate info is on this site https://dz.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/ and later it gets mixed up with spousal visas.. that’s why it’s so confusing. I would call them and clarify also I suggest checking timelines and private messaging someone who lately scheduled an interview in Algeria for most recent info 

5 hours ago, ebouloudene said:

So we have gotten our Case number from the NVC finally after 6 weeks, I'm kind of confused as to what I should do now?  when I put it in as an immigrant visa it takes me to a 6 step process and the first thing it says is to get an agent? honestly I'm confused about the whole process from here on out so any help is appreciated...

When you are at the CEAC tracking page, select the option 'nonimmigrant visa' and then enter the case number to proceed with the tracking. K-1 is considered a nonimmigrant visa hence the selection.

For a K-1, it doesn't matter which country the foreign beneficiary is from, he/she is supposed to complete the DS-160 NOT DS-260 and NOT DS-261. DS-260 and DS-261 are only meant for immigrant visa types.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
7 hours ago, bakphx1@aol.com said:

No, no, no! Don’t follow this advice. You are K1 not spouse visa. K1 is not processed at NVC. Once you have your number from NVC you schedule your medical and interview at the embassy. Keep tracking your case on ceac to see if it’s arrived at the embassy so schedule your apppointments accordingly. Gather all the documents you will need at the interview. Medical needs to be done before interview. 

We recently went through this process. The next steps are to log into the nvc with the  https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx. We then completed the online DS-160.  Some embassies  require you pay the fee in advance, so look up your embassy requirements. Our embassy required payment on day of interview.  Some schedule interviews months in advance, with the embassy contacting you, while others, you may schedule interview online, with you picking the date.   After this occurs, when your case says "Ready" on the tracker, the embassy has your case.  You can contact them, and find out interview date, and make sure you schedule medical about two weeks prior to the interview.  I hope this helps!  Good luck!

Edited by Me and her

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.