Adrii

HELLPP! No phone records because we only use FaceTime!!

53 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi VJ fam!

My boyfriend recently surprised me with a trip to visit me in Australia and while he was here he PROPOSED!! (So now he's my fiancé but still not used to saying that)

We now have the in depth task of preparing our K1 packet and we're on the task of providing proof of an ongoing relationship. I've noticed in lots of examples online people suggest providing copies of phone bills and Skype logs. However we primarily use FaceTime (iPhone to iPhone) which there is no way to print a log of or show a printed off history... 

any suggestions?

Naturally we also text all day every day but surely immigration don't want to read thousands of pages of us jabbering away 

Other than that we do have tonnes of social media posts, photos, flight itineraries, receipts of gifts and also bookings of hotels and activities that we've done or visited.

But any suggestions on what to do regarding no actual phone records and as to if you include text messages would be greatly appreciated!! :) 

I haven't used a phone in years.  I use FaceTime and Skype.  No worries.  Just make sure you have pictures and other proof.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I haven't used a phone in years.  I use FaceTime and Skype.  No worries.  Just make sure you have pictures and other proof.

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

So you think it doesn't matter if there's no call log or text messages? All of the other evidence should be enough? 

Just now, Adrii said:

So you think it doesn't matter if there's no call log or text messages? All of the other evidence should be enough? 

Just make sure that the other proof is awesome and you will be good.  AS long as you can prove it is a real relationship you will be fine.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I wouldn’t sweat the chat logs, those are secondary evidence.  When we did our K1 we did not include any chat logs.  You can only include the relationship proof you do have.

One other thing to consider, if you haven’t already, look at the spousal visa as opposed to the K1. Being from a VWP country it is fairly easy to visit during the process, and it is considerably cheaper.

Good Luck!

Hi Bill and Katya,

Thank you so much for your fast response!

Sorry I'm only new to the forum and all these terms what you do mean by VWP?

And by the spousal visa do you mean marry first then apply for an adjustment of status? I was just under the impression that could take up to a year and that the K1 was faster to obtain. Naturally we just want to be living under the same roof asap! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Its not absolutely necessary although there is a way to get call logs and chat histories from Facetime etc...

My fiance and I used a program call iMazing that can extract that information and submitted it with our K1 petition.

I dont know if I can put a link on this message board, but just google it and its not hard to find :-)

1 minute ago, Adrii said:

Hi Bill and Katya,

Thank you so much for your fast response!

Sorry I'm only new to the forum and all these terms what you do mean by VWP?

And by the spousal visa do you mean marry first then apply for an adjustment of status? I was just under the impression that could take up to a year and that the K1 was faster to obtain. Naturally we just want to be living under the same roof asap! :) 

VWP is the Visa Waiver Program

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

Its not absolutely necessary although there is a way to get call logs and chat histories from Facetime etc...

My fiance and I used a program call iMazing that can extract that information and submitted it with our K1 petition.

I dont know if I can put a link on this message board, but just google it and its not hard to find :-)

VWP is the Visa Waiver Program

Oh amazing! I'll  have a google now!

I do currently hold a us visa B1/B2 and have visited multiple times prior to the engagement. But I was under the impression the fastest and best way to immigrate to the us legally was to apply for the K1 and go over and wed within 90 days? Is that correct? Really appreciate all you're help!! :)

Congratulations!! Primary evidence is much more important (passport stamps or i94 records showing visits, boarding passes, hotel and gift receipts, things that show you’ve actually met), but our attorney also included a few screenshots of messenger history from each month. I sent them tons of messages from our chat logs, and the ones they chose were conversations about our visits, about our plans to get married, about our visa process, etc. not just random conversations but things that backed up the primary evidence. I assume screenshots of FaceTime call logs and texts would be fine too. All the best to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Adrii said:

Oh amazing! I'll  have a google now!

I do currently hold a us visa B1/B2 and have visited multiple times prior to the engagement. But I was under the impression the fastest and best way to immigrate to the us legally was to apply for the K1 and go over and wed within 90 days? Is that correct? Really appreciate all you're help!! :)

K1 is faster but because you’re from a vwp country you’re better off applying for CR1/IR1. It does take longer but you get there with a greencard at POE and able to travel and work immediately as opposed to K1 where it’s taking now anywhere between 4-6 months to be able to do those things and you’re just sitting in limbo. K1 is more expensive too. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nafisa & Bryce said:

Congratulations!! Primary evidence is much more important (passport stamps or i94 records showing visits, boarding passes, hotel and gift receipts, things that show you’ve actually met), but our attorney also included a few screenshots of messenger history from each month. I sent them tons of messages from our chat logs, and the ones they chose were conversations about our visits, about our plans to get married, about our visa process, etc. not just random conversations but things that backed up the primary evidence. I assume screenshots of FaceTime call logs and texts would be fine too. All the best to you!

Awesome thank you!

Yes we have plenty of passport stamps and boarding passes so I'll be sure to include those as primary evidence!

Good idea about including those texts and conversations about visiting I'll be sure to screenshot those and add them in too!

Thank you for your suggestions! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Adrii said:

Hi VJ fam!

My boyfriend recently surprised me with a trip to visit me in Australia and while he was here he PROPOSED!! (So now he's my fiancé but still not used to saying that)

We now have the in depth task of preparing our K1 packet and we're on the task of providing proof of an ongoing relationship. I've noticed in lots of examples online people suggest providing copies of phone bills and Skype logs. However we primarily use FaceTime (iPhone to iPhone) which there is no way to print a log of or show a printed off history... 

any suggestions?

Naturally we also text all day every day but surely immigration don't want to read thousands of pages of us jabbering away 

Other than that we do have tonnes of social media posts, photos, flight itineraries, receipts of gifts and also bookings of hotels and activities that we've done or visited.

But any suggestions on what to do regarding no actual phone records and as to if you include text messages would be greatly appreciated!! :) 

Just to make you feel better I could not supply Skype because I used free calling so I supplied a bunch of photos with dates and events written on then and I also supplied itineraries etc    Skype was not required in my case and I was approved. I did take screen shots of my Instagram that showed dates and me showing photos of us aswell. Good luck ! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Adrii said:

I also didn't add texts either 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

I also didn't add texts either 

Amazing!!

That makes me feel more confident that FaceTime logs and texts aren't a necessity. We have plenty of Facebook posts, check ins, photos etc so I'm sure it'll suffice!

Thank you so much for the reply! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.