Zosia

Financials before K1 interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi, VJ!

The USCIS approved our case, they sent it to the NVC, and in early January I got an email from the NVC that they'd sent our file to the consulate. (Actually they told us that our request for expediting our case had been approved- I never asked for an expedited case, but USCIS was very slow initially and I wrote to our congresswoman, she may have intervened on our behalf). 

My fiancé and I completed the DS-160 together online and received confirmation of our submission, as requested in our email from the NVC

Now I guess all we do is wait for the embassy to send the package and contact him for an interview? What about the I-134 financial support form? I'm not seeing any mention of my filling that out, either from the NVC emails or in any K1 timelines. Do I fill it out and send it with to the interview? What about all my tax transcripts for proof of financial means? Do I do the same with that? I don't want us to show up to the interview without the required paperwork filed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

You need to fill out I-134, sign it and mail it out to your SO for the interview. You need to provide documents to support what you wrote on the affidavit, it’s usually tax records and W2s from the past 3 years, and a letter from your employer in company letterhead stating you are employed. If you added assets to your affidavit to make up the difference financially, you need to add documentation of that as well, deed of the house, cars, etc. Send it ASAP. You also don’t wait for the embassy to tell you the date of your interview. For K1, you schedule it yourself. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.