Ririamour

NVC processing time

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

I have a lil issue,our I-129f case was approved in November 15 2017, it's valid until March 13 2018, but at this point still NVC still didn't receive our case. I called many time but still nothing in their system. I was wondering if someone can tell me what to do at this point. How long it supposed to take for USCIS to transfer the case to NVC.

Thank you

Call USCIS and ask for the date your i129f was sent to NVC

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

1 hour ago, Ririamour said:

Hello,

I have a lil issue,our I-129f case was approved in November 15 2017, it's valid until March 13 2018, but at this point still NVC still didn't receive our case. I called many time but still nothing in their system. I was wondering if someone can tell me what to do at this point. How long it supposed to take for USCIS to transfer the case to NVC.

Thank you

Hi, the estimated time is 6 to 8 weeks for NVC to receive the case from USCIS and 2 weeks for NVC to assign a case number. There are a lot of people waiting too so you don't have to worry. You are not alone on this journey. :)

Please join us in this forum.

Please add your name on this list so we can track everyones waiting period for NVC

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=2061710905

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, msscarlette said:

Hi, the estimated time is 6 to 8 weeks for NVC to receive the case from USCIS and 2 weeks for NVC to assign a case number. There are a lot of people waiting too so you don't have to worry. You are not alone on this journey. :)

Please join us in this forum.

Hi,oh for real! But I'm afraid if it has to take this long the case approval will expire.But I will register on the page you gave me. I'm even in Paris right now thinking that at this moment everything could be OK so I could help my fiancé with the interview and stuff .

4 hours ago, msscarlette said:

Please add your name on this list so we can track everyones waiting period for NVC

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=2061710905

Don't trust the estimated times. They are freaking slow. USCIS took about 5 months after approval to send my case to NVC. I was finally notified that the case arrived one week ago to NVC, but they told me it could take up to 5 weeks until I heard from NVC. It is senseless, how could it take 5 months to send an approval package from one place to another. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 7:08 PM, Jane Hat said:

Don't trust the estimated times. They are freaking slow. USCIS took about 5 months after approval to send my case to NVC. I was finally notified that the case arrived one week ago to NVC, but they told me it could take up to 5 weeks until I heard from NVC. It is senseless, how could it take 5 months to send an approval package from one place to another. 

Did they give you a date that they sent it and it just took 5 months to actually happen or did it take 5 months and then they said we have sent it now?

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2018 at 1:04 PM, Ririamour said:

Hello,

Thank you

Hi

This is a lot of time. The NOA 2 that you must've received states that you should at least give them 30 days. I called after 32 days and they told me they received my case the day before and gave me the Case number and the receipt ID. The key is to keep calling them and asking them. Also, remember to speak to the operator and not the machine which h asks you to input the USCIS case number. My case so far:

USCIS received petition on 26th September 2018

Approval of petition on 31st January 2019

NVC received the case and assigned the case number on 7th March 2019

Fingers crossed for further process. I hope they send the case to the embassy soon 🤐🙄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.