pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good luck to you all and enjoy this fun, crazy, sometimes frustrating process that the AOS is.....I encourage you all to visit other forums and see what people have experienced, it may help you guys.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

25 minutes ago, T_P said:

Good luck to you all and enjoy this fun, crazy, sometimes frustrating process that the AOS is.....I encourage you all to visit other forums and see what people have experienced, it may help you guys.

Why thank you and I have read more forums here than I doubt a normal person. :P It is just who I am as I need to know. I thirst for knowledge. But thanks for the advice.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You are very welcome and be sure that I will try to help as much as possible.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Just received my NOA1 text and email message saying our case is received and the case number. WOOHOO!!!!

5 hours ago, Andew_YeeHa said:

Question to those filing Jan 2018. Which tax year documents are you filing with?

If I file Jan 2018. Can I send them the previous tax documents from 2016? I will not file my 2017 taxes until April time. 

Well we sent ours December 21st so used 2016. I would assume use 2016 unless you filed 2017 taxes already. :) They might ask for the 2017 at the interview maybe I don't know for sure but its plausible lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I guess we are gonna be part of the January Aos since we haven't received any notification from Uscis yet. The application was delivered to Chicago lockbox on Dec 29th, but nothing yet. Hoping to get something soon. 

I wish everyone great year ahead. 

1 minute ago, Orkey said:

I guess we are gonna be part of the January Aos since we haven't received any notification from Uscis yet. The application was delivered to Chicago lockbox on Dec 29th, but nothing yet. Hoping to get something soon. 

I wish everyone great year ahead. 

Welcome to the crazy January Filers forum or wait is it just me that's crazy. lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Welcome to the crazy January Filers forum or wait is it just me that's crazy. lol

LOL! Oh well, cant really say it's crazy yet. Just 3days down the road :). Btw! How many days did it take to be there ur Noa 1 from the date of delivery? 

Just now, Orkey said:

LOL! Oh well, cant really say it's crazy yet. Just 3days down the road :). Btw! How many days did it take to be there ur Noa 1 from the date of delivery? 

5 business days.

Just now, Orkey said:

Okies! I should have mine next Monday hopefully.. Tnx :)

You are quite welcome. :D Glad to have you aboard with us here in January! Look forward to meeting many more January filers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just sent our AOS packet today. Finally! Joining this train... :D Good luck to us!

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.