Coneo&Co7779

Venezuelan at Peru Embassy

13 posts in this topic

My fiance is Venezuela, and lives in Caracas...but he is leaving for Peru in the spring.  He has been there before, and actually trained for the job he currently holds in Venezuela.  Will he be able to do his interview at the embassy in Lima, as long as he is there legally and has established a residence? Or will he have to go back to Venezuela and interview in Caracas, which is what he doesnt want to do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What will his status in Peru be?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I am not sure, he will not be a permanent resident, but he will have his own residence, in his own name, and he will be working.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So he will have a work visa?

Why not ask him?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

As far as I know Venezuelans can get work visas in Peru very easily and fast, so your fiancé will have a legal status and legal residence in Peru which in theory allows him to have the interview in the US embassy in Peru, and I say in theory because US embassies have diferent criteria according the country they are and the levels of visa fraud in each country, I recommend to have the interview in Venezuela since it is his birth country and the approval ratings for immigrant visas are high.

Our AOS Journey:

09/02/2016- Sent AOS Paperwork to Chicago lockbox (I-485, I-765, I-131)

09/05/2016- Paperwork received by Chicago lockbox

09/08/2016- NOA1 Texts Received

09/10/2016- NOA1s received in the mail

09/24/2016- Received biometrics letter in the mail for October 3, 2016

09/30/2016- Biometrics completed (walk-in, Tukwila)

10/01/2016- Notice of Request for Initial Evidence via text (I-485)

10/06/2016- Received RFIE in the Mail for I-864, Sent back response

10/12/2016- RFIE Received by USCIS

10/25-26/2016- Approval and Card Being Produced for EAD/AP

11/04/2016- Case Status changed to 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview'

11/07/2016- Case Status changed to ' Card was Mailed To Me'

11/10/2016- EAD/AP Card Received in Hand

03/16/2017- AOS Interview!!

On 12/31/2017 at 2:10 AM, Elvis&Sky said:

As far as I know Venezuelans can get work visas in Peru very easily and fast, so your fiancé will have a legal status and legal residence in Peru which in theory allows him to have the interview in the US embassy in Peru, and I say in theory because US embassies have diferent criteria according the country they are and the levels of visa fraud in each country, I recommend to have the interview in Venezuela since it is his birth country and the approval ratings for immigrant visas are high.

Are approval ratings in Peru low?  Or are you only saying Venezuela because you know for sure?

Timeline
12 hours ago, Louis61404 said:

Are approval ratings in Peru low?  Or are you only saying Venezuela because you know for sure?

if you don't have red flags in your case and you have been honest filling you're visa application you shouldn't have any problems getting the visa in Venezuela, plus it is you're fiance birth country so they won't be so inquisitive about his legal status and the reason why his asking for a visa in a foreign country other than his, he will also have to get a police record in Peru if he is planning to stay there more than 6 months whether you decide to go trough the Peruvian or Venezuelan embassy.

If you want more info about the Peruvian embassy go to the Peru forum and read the reviews.

Good luck!

Our AOS Journey:

11/04/2016- Case Status changed to 'Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview'

On 12/31/2017 at 2:10 AM, Elvis&Sky said:

Thanks for responding...We were hoping he could do his interview in Peru so that i could go with him, If he absolutely has to do it in Caracas, he will, but i wont be able to go.  We just thought it would look better if i went too.  So, if he is in the country legally and has established a residence, he should be fine?

Timeline
On 1/3/2018 at 7:21 AM, Coneo&Co7779 said:

Thanks for responding...We were hoping he could do his interview in Peru so that i could go with him, If he absolutely has to do it in Caracas, he will, but i wont be able to go.  We just thought it would look better if i went too.  So, if he is in the country legally and has established a residence, he should be fine?

Now if you are planning to go to the interview things change a little, it is very hard and dangerous for a USC to go to Venezuela, and at the embassy they are aware of the situation so they are more flexible having just the beneficiary at the interview, on the other hand Peru like other South American countries, having the petitioner at the interview increases the chance of getting approved, so if you're planning to go you guys should be fine, just be 100% honest at the interview and filling out your paperwork, read every and each review of the Venezuelan and Peruvian embassy here in the forum so you guys have an idea of what to expect and have a lot patience.

Another way you could get more info about your fiance going through the Peruvian embassy is calling or email them.

Our AOS Journey:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/3/2018 at 9:21 AM, Coneo&Co7779 said:

He can have his interview in the country of his principal place of residence (assuming they are in country legally)

YMMV

10 hours ago, Elvis&Sky said:

Now if you are planning to go to the interview things change a little, it is very hard and dangerous for a USC to go to Venezuela, and at the embassy they are aware of the situation so they are more flexible having just the beneficiary at the interview, on the other hand Peru like other South American countries, having the petitioner at the interview increases the chance of getting approved, so if you're planning to go you guys should be fine, just be 100% honest at the interview and filling out your paperwork, read every and each review of the Venezuelan and Peruvian embassy here in the forum so you guys have an idea of what to expect and have a lot patience.

Another way you could get more info about your fiance going through the Peruvian embassy is calling or email them.

10 hours ago, Elvis&Sky said:

Thanks so much.  Oh no, he's not having me coming to Venezuela, he shut that down before i could get the words out of my mouth (lol). I would also have to get a visa, which is extremely hard.  But i want to go to the interview in Perú at all costs.  I did e-mail the embassy in Perú, but it takes 3-5 business days for a reply, so i am just waiting.  I will call if i dont hear anything.  Thanks again.

9 hours ago, payxibka said:

He can have his interview in the country of his principal place of residence (assuming they are in country legally)

Thank you, yes he will definitely be there legally.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.