Kristi&Luigi

Estimated time left?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey guys, our petition was received on August 3 by USCIS. I personally estimated a time that we would have our NOA2 based on how long cases were taking on uscis.gov and the date came to Dec .19. But we have nothing so far. It's hard because we struggle to survive everyday. I can't even put to wrods how much we are suffering from this process. How much longer do we have to wait? Are the processing times on this website accurate or behind?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

There are a ton of variables in anyone's petition, but it looks like Texas is currently processing about 5 months. Things always slow down in the holiday time but hopefully yours won't be too much longer. I know there's a lot on here from may/June who haven't gotten noa2. I don't think any July filers have, but everyone's case is different. 

Look up uscis processing times for the official site to find yours. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have no logical help to offer, but I will say this: Hang in there. Sure, its tough being apart, but it is not impossible. My foreign wife and I thought our situation was ideal and it took just under five years to get her here. F I V E   Y E A R S. Do you want to talk about suffering? I could share a few stories that would make your situation feel like a walk in the park. Even so, be strong and keep your eyes on the prize. Its coming soon. I promise.

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I  agree with Gregory&Dyn.

This is a long and tedious journey. It's our faith in God and love for each other that keeps us going. It is approaching three years my husband and I have been apart. Just keep your eye on the prize. Anything worth having requires sacrifice and commitment. Never give up. All the best to you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Nothing wrong with making your general estimate, but as people said, things change.

You can check the official USCIS site for current priority dates they're processing. Note they only update it once a month.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Your timeline says an estimated time of receiving NOA2 would be around February 10-15th. Those estimated times are updated according to VJ users updates and current processing times, and they do change. I wouldn't say they are 100% accurate but very helpful. You can also track other K-1 timelines to see what petitions are being processed right now. Stay positive!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I believe when OP says they are suffering it is not about being apart.  As I understand it they are both in Romania and are struggling to even put food on the table.

Timeline
Just now, gregcrs2 said:

I believe when OP says they are suffering it is not about being apart.  As I understand it they are both in Romania and are struggling to even put food on the table.

You are right. We waited and got nothing. My fiance isn't doing well. I am more positive about this but he suffers so much. We almost are thinking to give up on it and move to another country maybe. 

Timeline

It feels like our life is being torn appart by this system. We lost so much with this process. And don't know if in the end this is all worth it. 

5 minutes ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

You are right. We waited and got nothing. My fiance isn't doing well. I am more positive about this but he suffers so much. We almost are thinking to give up on it and move to another country maybe. 

Is he getting counseling? Mental health will not magically improve with time... 

Edited by Lemonslice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, Kristi&Luigi said:

It feels like our life is being torn appart by this system. We lost so much with this process. And don't know if in the end this is all worth it. 

I'm sorry for your situation.  But maybe some of the choices you both made were probably not the best choices.  The system for immigration in the USA is probably the most liberal in all the world even though the process can take a long time.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We first applied 2009 and got visa 2015   6 years

and don't try for an expediate unless you can really prove hardships (financial not a good idea / they would figure USC can not afford the process as this is not cheap)

this is a hard and sometimes heartbreaking process

i waited every day for good news (actually any news)

you are in limbo

you have to bear all personal and financial information (thru the mail) to total strangers

been there / done that

best advise

keep copies of everything you send USCIS / need a lot of it later for AOS

don't give up

don't take your frustraitions out on each other

try to keep talk romantic and supportive

cry on our shoulders as we can take it

this is time for "courting"  not disagreements / sometimes difficult but talk to friends, and family and us 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My morocco husband also suffered trying to support 11 people on $90 a monthe (mom and handicapped brother and 2 aunts and uncle and their kids)

this was while working 10 and 12 hour days 6 days a  week

not easy for anyone in these countries but still immigraiton is not going to hurry

and they can deny after all this

not easy to go thru

not sure what country you would go to together as many struggle 

country has good economy / also more expense to live there

country poor / hard to find a job

most countries require a citizen to support the immigraiton

Expect 10 to 12 months for POE.  Right now it is 6 to 8 months for NOA2.  I would anticipate your NOA 2 an very late February or early March.  WE are on day 204 waiting for ours.  Today is only day 146 for you.  Be patient and relax.  It will also be 6 to 8 weeks for NVC after NOA2.  This is not a quick process.

This site generally uses the received date so here you are an August 8th filer.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.