Timeline

Hello my girl friend from the Philippines has a c1 / d visa for USA 

she is Currently not working ,, 

I live in the states

can she  use  this visa to come visit me 

her visa she got so when working on cruise ship if came to us port 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

No.  She needs a B visa to visit the US.  

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, missileman said:

No.  She needs a B visa to visit the US.  

She has a visa for United States ,, but it say visa  r c1/d   So when she working on cruise ship but my understanding is fight  attendance use the same And they come in and out of country

Timeline

"A C-visa generally is for passing in immediate and continuous transit through the U.S., and this means as reasonably expeditious departure in the normal course of travel as elements permit and prearranged itineraries assume, but the maximum period is 29 days. If the holder of a c-visa wishes to remain longer, for example to visit friends, he/she would need another visa.

A D-visa generally is for a crewperson working in the normal operation and service on board a vessel. The maximum period one may stay in the U.S. is 29 days. Upon inspection by the Customs and Boarder Patrol (CBP), the holder of a D-visa must show he/she intends to depart on the same vessel or a different vessel within an acceptable period of time.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship."

David N. Soloway 
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. 
1800 Century Place, Suite 100 
Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com 
404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Hmm ,, been through this before with ex wife ,, but k1 Visa 

so maybe try Tourist visa but from my understanding that’s not that easy to get if she doesn’t have any recent employment even though she does have her own home here and her kids there that might be reason enough but I’m sure you’re going to want to see a significant amount of money in her bank account and where it came from

Timeline

Not really sure how to get her to visit she has a few visas from different places so I don’t know if that helps to apply to visit since she been approved before 

any thoughts 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She should apply for a B visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

She needs to apply for a tourist visa period. Nothing short of that. In order to get a tourist visa, she needs to show strong ties to her home country, or she will get denied. Even if she does get a visa, which is almost impossible without a strong job, she will still need to convince the immigration officer at POE that she’s not gonna be overstaying and abusing that visa, ie strong ties to her home country. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike vowell said:

Hello my girl friend from the Philippines has a c1 / d visa for USA 

she is Currently not working ,, 

I live in the states

can she  use  this visa to come visit me 

her visa she got so when working on cruise ship if came to us port 

She can only remain in the USA for as long as the ship is in port.  If the ship is in port for one day, then she can stay one day.  IShe must be on ship when it departs.

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

She can only remain in the USA for as long as the ship is in port.  If the ship is in port for one day, then she can stay one day.  IShe must be on ship when it departs.

and in this case, she was:

1.  Not working

2.  Not currently in the US

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, missileman said:

and in this case, she was:

1.  Not working

2.  Not currently in the US

Facts not pertinent.  The OP's original question was if she took an onboard position, could she.  And the answer is they could see each other but her time in the USA would likely mean he goes to her port of call to see her as her time in country will likely be very short.

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Facts not pertinent.  The OP's original question was if she took an onboard position, could she.  And the answer is they could see each other but her time in the USA would likely mean he goes to her port of call to see her as her time in country will likely be very short.

I think you misread the OP. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.