Joekay

Reschedule CRBA after K1 Visa has been approved Manila Philippinnes

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was in Manila for about 2 months while getting my Fiance visa done. We finally finished and said it was approved roughly 2 weeks ago. I was under the impression my son would simply travel under k2 status but they informed me that I need to do a CRBA/ PASSPORT. I was disappointed and my funds were almost depleted so what I  I filled out my sons CRBA packet and sent my fiance back to her province in Mindanao while I went back to America to make some more cash. 2 days after getting back to the US they said our apointment was in 9 days.  I wrote them asked to reschedule and I think they misunderstood why i was asking for rescheduling. Can anyone give me a better way of getting a hold of someone in order to re-schedule CRBA? 

9 minutes ago, Joekay said:

Hello,

I was in Manila for about 2 months while getting my Fiance visa done. We finally finished and said it was approved roughly 2 weeks ago. I was under the impression my son would simply travel under k2 status but they informed me that I need to do a CRBA/ PASSPORT. I was disappointed and my funds were almost depleted so what I  I filled out my sons CRBA packet and sent my fiance back to her province in Mindanao while I went back to America to make some more cash. 2 days after getting back to the US they said our apointment was in 9 days.  I wrote them asked to reschedule and I think they misunderstood why i was asking for rescheduling. Can anyone give me a better way of getting a hold of someone in order to re-schedule CRBA? 

Did they refuse to reschedule it?  Did you give them specific days you would be available to attend an appointment?

You might be better off canceling it and refilling for a new appointment when you'll be available.  Their website says they schedule appointments within 10 business days of receiving the packet, so you'll be able to plan it out better.

Edited by jayjayj

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

I believe that I was not very clear as to the reaasons of wanting to reschedule, when they wrote back they simply said the father does not need to be present for the interview, but the real reason is fiscal. I wrote them again and its within the 10 days still. 

It doesnt cost anything to resubmit but Im just scared that we will run into some messed up situation like we did when we had to reschedule my fiances interview because she had an extra thing to do with the medical.

Once a k1 is granted is there like a time limit on it? when does it have to be used by? 

7 minutes ago, Joekay said:

Once a k1 is granted is there like a time limit on it? when does it have to be used by? 

The visa will have the expiration date on it. It is 6 months maximum, but is limited by the validity of the medical (which is valid for a max of 6 months). In most cases, this effectively means the visa is valid for 6 months from the medical exam.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.