Ahmed&Freda

Interview Inslamabad

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'll update this post later, when I'm home and have my head together.  I'm still in shock from yesterday.

I accompanied my husband to the interview.  We were interviewed together by a nice lady who loved our pictures asked me lots of question (more than my husband) and then asked us to sit down.  We were then called into a private room.  They asked me to sit outside to interview my husband 1st then they will interview me.  They interrogated my husband for 45min then called me in and asked him to leave.  They asked me first if I had anything I would like to share before I proceed and said no I have submitted and answered everything If you feel like I missed something please enlighten me because I don't know what else to say.  They started off by saying that my husband should have never brought be to quetta for our marriage, it was dangerous and he doesn't care about my well being because he knowing brought me to a place that could have threatened my life.  They then asked if he sent me money which I replied only during our trip to Dubai to help cover the hotel that I paid upfront for.  They all looked at me and the lady said "why would he do that" I was completely confused as why would he not?  Whats so wrong with that??  They said they think my husband is a fraud..that although he submitted divorce documents he could have faked them and his wife is listed on his CNIC (he was not aware of this...as in his area they don't do alot things right..even the divorce documents isn't normal for his area but we looked into and got what they needed) still...they said he would come to the USA divorce me then petition for her.  I defended him I know they are divorced she lives with her brothers and I have talked to his family about it...they responded that they lie.  Then they tell me you know his first marriage there was over a hundred people yours only 30 so he wanted the whole village to know about her but not you.  I said no we are a second marriage, who didn't plan ahead on this event and we visited family, coworkers and friends for days after the wedding he wasn't hiding me from anyone.  There response was that those people were all the people that would benefit from his US citizenship and that's the only reason they were nice to you :/  I thought about it later....100 people would have included both families (hers and his) my family was not there...if they were we would have had the same amount but I didn't think of that when they were talking.  Everything I said to defend my husband the white man in the back with his hands folded shook his head the pakistani kept saying talking about my husbands divorce,  that she would would have moved far away not a few blocks away with her brothers and my husband would probably be dead if they were actually divorced.  Before they asked me to leave they said they were going to recommend it to be returned but the auditater had the final say.   I got white in my face and almost fainted they asked if I was ok and needed anything I shook my head, they said do you need help getting home are you safe I said yes I have a flight but was hoping to be bringing my husband home...I feel so defeated.  

They said they would get in touch I walked out.  We then asked the guys at the desk if we were suppose to leave they said to wait we would go back to window 12 but then they came back and said they we were free to go.   My husband asked about his original documents they said they will be returned when he gets his passport.  

So my question for anyone who might know...do you think they would really deny the case just like that?  On what basis, with no proof just their opinion... Or did they do all this to scare us and will put it in administrative processing? 

I'm so hurt and confused we worked so hard and came all this way and left feeling like we were hit by a train. 

Thanks for any insight.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The would most likely do additional checks as they kept his passport.  Its confusing when so many other cases with not so much of supporting evidence get approved.

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

Timeline

Also wanted to add we received no slip of paper.  I can't get an answer at the Embassy is there a way to check on the status of your case?

Timeline

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I’m at a loss for words right now. I’m thinking of you and your husband at this time. 

Timeline

Your husband didn’t remove his ex wife from CNIC, that is common. People normally don’t do it as they forget about it. People even forget to make new CNIC once they marry because after marriage people should make new CNIC in which their relationship status is being showed as Married. 

Overall, I think there is hope, they haven’t given any slip plus they have kept all documents. So it is a good sign I think. :) 

kindly check your inbox. 

40 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Ugh.. I misspelled Islamabad and can't figure out how to fix it...so sorry.

40 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Ugh.. I misspelled Islamabad and can't figure out how to fix it...so sorry.

Assaalam o Alaikum 

Dear Sister our prayers with you and your husband. Sister I’m not have words for both only keep your faith in ALLAH and you see how everything will be fine and you see the blessing of ALLAH over you INSHA ALLAH and soon you have good news Ameen. 

Timeline

I am speechless... I dont even know where to start

in my opinion, your husband was scrutinized because of his divorce and the area he is from because Quetta has a militant/terrorist problem. Extreme vetting ?

Divorce is not common in Pakistani culture so i guess its more scrutinized ??

i have quite a few family members who immigrated to Canada and USA in the past 15 years.. I have never heard of horrible stories i am hearing nowadays. This is so bad

hopefully you passed their interrogation and you get visa soon

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lazybones18 said:

I am speechless... I dont even know where to start

in my opinion, your husband was scrutinized because of his divorce and the area he is from because Quetta has a militant/terrorist problem. Extreme vetting ?

Divorce is not common in Pakistani culture so i guess its more scrutinized ??

i have quite a few family members who immigrated to Canada and USA in the past 15 years.. I have never heard of horrible stories i am hearing nowadays. This is so bad

hopefully you passed their interrogation and you get visa soon

My husband is also from Quetta but I know when I visited him in January. The consulate general of the consulate in Chicago told me not to visit or travel to Quetta, which we didn’t but I’ve told my husband that I want to go there sometime to see where he grew up and lives with his family. But I also think their interrogation of them was uncalled for and they were scruntinized for the divorce, which I feel is unfair but I know it’s outside of their cultural norms too usually. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, scarlett262004 said:

My husband is also from Quetta but I know when I visited him in January. The consulate general of the consulate in Chicago told me not to visit or travel to Quetta, which we didn’t but I’ve told my husband that I want to go there sometime to see where he grew up and lives with his family. But I also think their interrogation of them was uncalled for and they were scruntinized for the divorce, which I feel is unfair but I know it’s outside of their cultural norms too usually. 

Honestly it all boils down to Muslimban and this current administration

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Lazybones18 said:

Honestly it all boils down to Muslimban and this current administration

Exactly and I’m really worried about it and what to do if we aren’t approved. 

Timeline
Just now, scarlett262004 said:

Exactly and I’m really worried about it and what to do if we aren’t approved. 

make a backup plan ... hope for the best, prepare for the worst

even though we love USA and its our home country now, its not the end of your life if you dont live here.. Yes i know its extremely difficult to leave

even though i am not religious but i do believe Whatever Allah does it is for our best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

If they kept his passport and didn't give you any papers when you left, that is a very good sign. Normally, if they deny it, they will give you a denial form and also return the passport before you leave the embassy. More likely, it will be placed in administrative processing. This can last days, weeks, or even months. It's kind of a black hole, and there's really no telling how long until everything is completed.

I suggest logging in to CEAC and seeing what the status of your visa application is, to verify if you were placed in administrative processing. 

Timeline

It is quite common for the embassy in Islamabad to treat people with disrespect and try to scare them into admitting some type of wrong doing. They tried to frighten and shock my husband 4 years ago and from what I hear they are still doing it today.

I have posted on this subject before but people here don't want to accept how brutal an interview can be with them. They are trying to find fraud anyway they can. It's not personal they just feel they are doing their jobs.

The fact that you were at the interview looks good and there is really no safe place in Pakistan for Americans but some places are better than others. All you can do now is wait. They may do a field investigation if they really feel that he is still married. They will send men out to talk to his friends and neighbors. This bullying during the interview does work. They got a friend's husband to admit that he was married to a Pakistani woman and had kids that his American wife didn't know about. Visa denied and friend's heart broken from fraud. The embassy does all this to protect both us and our country from these con men and women.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I'll update this post later, when I'm home and have my head together.  I'm still in shock from yesterday.

I accompanied my husband to the interview.  We were interviewed together by a nice lady who loved our pictures asked me lots of question (more than my husband) and then asked us to sit down.  We were then called into a private room.  They asked me to sit outside to interview my husband 1st then they will interview me.  They interrogated my husband for 45min then called me in and asked him to leave.  They asked me first if I had anything I would like to share before I proceed and said no I have submitted and answered everything If you feel like I missed something please enlighten me because I don't know what else to say.  They started off by saying that my husband should have never brought be to quetta for our marriage, it was dangerous and he doesn't care about my well being because he knowing brought me to a place that could have threatened my life.  They then asked if he sent me money which I replied only during our trip to Dubai to help cover the hotel that I paid upfront for.  They all looked at me and the lady said "why would he do that" I was completely confused as why would he not?  Whats so wrong with that??  They said they think my husband is a fraud..that although he submitted divorce documents he could have faked them and his wife is listed on his CNIC (he was not aware of this...as in his area they don't do alot things right..even the divorce documents isn't normal for his area but we looked into and got what they needed) still...they said he would come to the USA divorce me then petition for her.  I defended him I know they are divorced she lives with her brothers and I have talked to his family about it...they responded that they lie.  Then they tell me you know his first marriage there was over a hundred people yours only 30 so he wanted the whole village to know about her but not you.  I said no we are a second marriage, who didn't plan ahead on this event and we visited family, coworkers and friends for days after the wedding he wasn't hiding me from anyone.  There response was that those people were all the people that would benefit from his US citizenship and that's the only reason they were nice to you :/  I thought about it later....100 people would have included both families (hers and his) my family was not there...if they were we would have had the same amount but I didn't think of that when they were talking.  Everything I said to defend my husband the white man in the back with his hands folded shook his head the pakistani kept saying talking about my husbands divorce,  that she would would have moved far away not a few blocks away with her brothers and my husband would probably be dead if they were actually divorced.  Before they asked me to leave they said they were going to recommend it to be returned but the auditater had the final say.   I got white in my face and almost fainted they asked if I was ok and needed anything I shook my head, they said do you need help getting home are you safe I said yes I have a flight but was hoping to be bringing my husband home...I feel so defeated.  

They said they would get in touch I walked out.  We then asked the guys at the desk if we were suppose to leave they said to wait we would go back to window 12 but then they came back and said they we were free to go.   My husband asked about his original documents they said they will be returned when he gets his passport.  

So my question for anyone who might know...do you think they would really deny the case just like that?  On what basis, with no proof just their opinion... Or did they do all this to scare us and will put it in administrative processing? 

I'm so hurt and confused we worked so hard and came all this way and left feeling like we were hit by a train. 

Thanks for any insight.

I had same kinda situation  .. listen your husband would have his visa in hands within 35 days from the date of interview ....good luck 

Interview Date is november 18, 2014 :dancing: :goofy: :idea:

:wow:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.