bostonBruce

update on age differance & collaboration.

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

so the final decision by jama embassy after sending more collaboration and sending them the email followed by n phone call if they rec. it and accepted, which the lady said that's fine , then got n email after, requesting her passport, all this is August 2016, we been emailing and calling to find out where the visa is since they asked for her passport. They told me by email I have to go with her for n follow up interview. ( I didn't go with her the first time) we know its an age difference cuz the lady at interviewed asked her y marry and older man, which she literally cried out cuz I Love him, apparently not good enough. so off I go to embassy next month.

Anyone have any idea the questions I will get asked? had experience with this?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It would be beneficial if you would correct your profile to the right visa "Filed For" as K1 and not naturalization so that your posts are directed to the appropriate forum for responses.  You both need to be confident not crying.  If your relationship is real then be strong, confident, and firm.  Know everything about each other.  They are testing you to see if you crack.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=Consular_Interview_Questions

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You need to contact your congressman, are you saying this has been since August 2016 over one year ago?  It is more than an age difference, how long have you been in a relationship?  They do not believe that it is a bonafide relationship.  Plenty of older men have married younger women in JA.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

oops sorry interview was aug 4 2017 missed n year seems so long lol aug 14 I sent email for collaboration, after that she called embassy spoke to n lady that confirmed my email and said that was acceptable ( we met twice week each together with pics of us), august 18  asked for Moesha's passport via email, ceac updated aug 25 for AP called September numerous times without getting thru, finally after numerous emails from both of us again, they emailed back saying I had to go to interview when I can travel. emailed them back with my email I had sent in Aug and the request for passport and asking why they saying now I have to go there? they responded next day still have to come.

Timeline
1 minute ago, LionessDeon said:

May want to prepare for a Stokes interview.  You can used the advanced search tool to research.

yes thank u , I'm reading it now and making notes, I will go thru all we did and talked about since we been chatting, how our first physical meeting went how I felt seeing and being with Moe, of course we been chatting everyday since talking abut future etc. I think once they see us together and knowing her likes n dislikes, what we both want in the future we will b fine. Thanks for your replys

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, bostonBruce said:

yes thank u , I'm reading it now and making notes, I will go thru all we did and talked about since we been chatting, how our first physical meeting went how I felt seeing and being with Moe, of course we been chatting everyday since talking abut future etc. I think once they see us together and knowing her likes n dislikes, what we both want in the future we will b fine. Thanks for your replys

Make sure she does the same.  They may separate you and ask the same questions of her and compare answers.  I hope it all works out.  Try your best to remain calm and relaxed.  I'll keep you both in my immigration prayers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, bostonBruce said:

Agree with other responses that they think the relationship is not bonafide. What evidence did you submit with application? Did they ask for additional evidence at the interview? Although that may be irrelevant at this point, I was just wondering if you submitted more of the same (cumulative) vs something of substance. I am 15 years older than my husband and age was not even brought up or mentioned. Make sure you both know detailed information about each other, not just how you feel about one another. The interviewers don’t care about the mushy love stuff, they want to know that the relationship is real and in good faith. @lala64 had to do a stokes interview in JA. It appears she hasn’t been on in a while but maybe you could message her to see if she gets the message to respond. Good luck!

Edited by angelbrown

I am from Dominican Republic, it is a high fraud country, but if your relationship is real, you dont have nothing to worried, 

I am 37 and my fiance 62, we had interview on november 20 and the co didnt ask nothing about age.

My case is under ap for something wrong on the police certificate.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This sure sounds like fraud to me.

A
I-129F Sent : 2017-06-25

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS
I-129F NOA2:    2018-04-11

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

NVC Received Date:               2018-04-20       

NVC Case No. assigned:       2018-04-30

NVC Depart Date:                    2018-05-16

Interview Date:                        2018-07-26

Interview Result:                     APPROVED

Visa Received:                         2018-08-03

Arrival Date:                             2018-08-27

AOS filed:                                 2019-02-28

Biometric Appt:                       2019-03-27

AOS Interview:                        2019-08-06

Result: Approved

Green Card Received             2019-08-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do they do Stokes at Consulates? Sounds like they have serious doubts.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
17 hours ago, mytruelove18 said:

I am from Dominican Republic, it is a high fraud country, but if your relationship is real, you dont have nothing to worried, 

I am 37 and my fiance 62, we had interview on november 20 and the co didnt ask nothing about age.

My case is under ap for something wrong on the police certificate.

Don't be surprised if your case is returned to the US

some embassies ask about age

some have actually been laughed at as happened inTunisia for one member

they are really not suppose to mention age as it violates the USC constitutional rights and they do know that in US people like Larry King married a woman 26 years younger

but they use other reasons

you can fight the age difference if it comes up as we have the big ae differnce and he is here ready for naturalization

good luck to you

Age itself is not a cause for denial. However, an unusual age difference in conjunction with other factors can (and has) been used as a basis for refusal due to not believing the relationship is bona fide.

Visa applicants are not awarded US constitutional rights, and the petitioner is only permitted to petition for a family member...there's no right for a family member to be issued a visa.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.