AnonIndia

Lack of Parental Support for CR1 & K1 in Indian Consulates

50 posts in this topic

I am a 23 year old Indian guy in love with a 25 year old Caucasian american girl. I do not have parental support of our relationship and my mom absolutely do not approve of us getting engaged or married. Dad and mom are seperated because of dad being abusive and a serial cheater. I heard lack of parental approval is a major reason for denial of K1 or CR1 visas especially in India.  My girl can be present with me during the K1 or CR1 interview. We are leaning more towards CR1 since we are reading about a lot of K1 visas being denied just because of disapproving parents. Would marrying on first arrival make it a red flag in our case? We plan on multiple visits and long stays after marriage and filing for CR1 as well. By the time of the interview we would have clocked in at least 2 more visits. But I doubt I will ever get approval from my mom. Is there any hope for us? Are we setting ourselves up to be shafted at the interview no matter how legitimate the relationship? Are there any cases of interracial couples without parental consent being allowed to have a married life in the US? Would front loading the CR1 petition with tons of pictures of us together enjoying ourselves and at the wedding with friends do any help? Thanks in advance. 

My girl doesn't have a stable job yet and she is making below poverty level as well. She would need a joint sponsor when she files for CR1. What are the possible red flags you guys can find in our relationship? I also tried to get a US tourist visa twice in quick succession when I was in Russia to go see her. i was denied twice. I told the Consular Officer that my intention was purely tourism. I can get PCC from the Russian embassy no problem. Also found this PDF titles USCIS FRAUD REFERRAL SHEET somewhere. Maybe here. I don't remember. Take a look at it guys. 

USCIS_Fraud_Referral_Sheet.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So you have yet to meet her?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Based on the PDF I linked it says for I30 family based petitions (CR1) fraud indicators would be short time between entry and marriage and unusual cultural differences. We are both Christians but I guess that doesn't count when I am from India a highly conservative country that is also a high fraud country for marriage based immigration visas. We could try K1 after several visits but we would still not have parental approval on my side and we would have to get married and apply for CR1. So we are looking to marry and apply for CR1 to try and mitigate the lack of parental approval. Will it make any difference or are we doomed without my mom's written consent?

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So you have yet to meet her?

Yes. I was in Russia when we met online. She was adopted from Russia and I was in her hometown when OKCupid matched us because she had set her location as Yekaterinburg. We planned to meet in Italy this august but her god mother got ill and the plan failed. Now she wants to come to India. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AnonIndia said:

Yes. I was in Russia when we met online. She was adopted from Russia and I was in her hometown when OKCupid matched us because she had set her location as Yekaterinburg. We planned to meet in Italy this august but her god mother got ill and the plan failed. Now she wants to come to India. 

Online meeting is not a real meet and that does not meet the requirements from USCIS. You need to meet in person at least once in the last two years before applying. 

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Give it a few visits, see how it goes.

So we can do like 3 visits with minimum 2 week stays and then try the K1? We are afraid that ultimately the lack of mom's approval will be a deal breaker for the Consular Officer. 

Just now, TNJ17 said:

Online meeting is not a real meet and that does not meet the requirements from USCIS. You need to meet in person at least once in the last two years before applying. 

Yes I understand that for K1 at least one visit is necessary. However in my case I feel like the lack of approval of my mom will make it impossible for us to be together even though we meet 3 times or more. 

@Boiler   How about we get a statement from my mom saying she DOESN'T approve of our engagement? At least the Consular Officer will know that I tried and that I am not hiding our relationship from my family, We are legal adults and I think we should be able to marry just with both our intents to marry. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You don't need parental support to pursue immigration via k1 or cr1. Meet your girlfriend one or more times, decide whether k1 or cr1 is best for you, then follow the guides to successfully apply for a visa. Good luck.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

3 minutes ago, AnonIndia said:

@Boiler   How about we get a statement from my mom saying she DOESN'T approve of our engagement? At least the Consular Officer will know that I tried and that I am not hiding our relationship from my family, We are legal adults and I think we should be able to marry just with both our intents to marry. 

Such statement is not needed.

If you have enough evidence, you fiance can apply for you without your parents approval. 

Getting denied because of parent's disapproval is nothing but a rumor. Probably meant to scare you.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

@Sue You Yeah I understand we are extremely impatient. We have been itching to see each other for so long and both my attempts to go see her failed and the Italy vacation plans failed. It is extremely frustrating. We started looking into actual immigration processes and it all looks so daunting and hopeless in our case. It's extremely demoralizing especially after 3 failed attempts to just meet in person. 

Timeline
Just now, AnonIndia said:

@Sue You Yeah I understand we are extremely impatient. We have been itching to see each other for so long and both my attempts to go see her failed and the Italy vacation plans failed. It is extremely frustrating. We started looking into actual immigration processes and it all looks so daunting and hopeless in our case. It's extremely demoralizing especially after 3 failed attempts to just meet in person. 

Its probably not easy for her to travel internationally as she is below the poverty line and international travel can get expensive. Hang in there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.