27 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have just recieved  letter from The usa Embassy London.I have been found ineligable to recieve an immigrant visa under section 212a 2A2.I have been found to be eligable to apply for a waiver via uscis. Does anyone know what 212a 2a2 means please?

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Unless you provide more info to your case, it can be ANY of the reasons listed here:

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-2006.html

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

The numbers refer to the very specific section of the code, so 212a, 2 a ii is a very specific reason for denial... 

even more specific from previous website 212a, 2 a II

(2) Criminal and related grounds.- 

(A) Conviction of certain crimes.- 

(i) In general.-Except as provided in clause (ii), any alien convicted of, or who admits having committed, or who admits committing acts which constitute the essential elements of- 

(I) a crime involving moral turpitude (other than a purely political offense) or an attempt or conspiracy to commit such a crime, or 

(II) a violation of (or a conspiracy or attempt to violate) any law or regulation of a State, the United States, or a foreign country relating to a controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)), is inadmissible. 

(ii) Exception.-Clause (i)(I) shall not apply to an alien who committed only one crime if- 

(I) the crime was committed when the alien was under 18 years of age, and the crime was committed (and the alien released from any confinement to a prison or correctional institution imposed for the crime) more than 5 years before the date of application for a visa or other documentation and the date of application for admission to the United States, or 

(II) the maximum penalty possible for the crime of which the alien was convicted (or which the alien admits having committed or of which the acts that the alien admits having committed constituted the essential elements) did not exceed imprisonment for one year and, if the alien was convicted of such crime, the alien was not sentenced to a term of imprisonment in excess of 6 months (regardless of the extent to which the sentence was ultimately executed). 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

The numbers refer to the very specific section of the code, so 212a, 2 a ii is a very specific reason for denial... 

The way I read the codes it may be a drug related charge???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Most likely your Drugs arrest.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Most likely your Drugs arrest.

Hi yes its a single use of 3 grams marijuana 33 years ago.I would like to file my i 601 in London.I would have to say my compelling reason is my daughter suffers from an  eating disorder.Do you recommend my doing this myself? It would say time.

2 hours ago, Dee elle said:

Do you have any convictions,  arrests etc for drug related use etc? Sorry , not implying, just trying to see if I am reading the 212 code correctly....

its single use of marijuana.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

This brings an automatic denial but the waiver opportunity.. i have no experience with sumbitting waivera, so hopefully those who have will chime in here... yes, it seems an over the top respinse to a single use so long ago, but the USCIS is bound by their rules,  and ther is a way for you to overcome it..i hope the journey, though delayed, is successful for you... read up on the waiver nd instructions then come back with more questions you may have.,. 

Thankyou.Its a single use marijuana 33 years ago.I live in London.I can file in London if I have a compelling reason.My daughter has an eating disorder.Do you recommend filing myself without an attorney?

Timeline

You absolutely need a lawyer, you said some weeks  back you were getting one?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

they made me take a drugs test.I was happy with that as I knew it would be negative.The lawyer said to ask the embassy for a new blue form before he would take me case and payment of $4000.I just got the ok I was allowed to apply for the waiver after my drugs results were sent to the embassy.I have to fill in i 601 and pay fee but I didnt know if I sent the form ,fee and my daughters medical records to London instead of a lock box be ok DIY I guess I should hire the lawyer but its so expensive 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I looked at the form i 601.My daughter has been in and out of clinics for annorexia.I thought sending the form to London field office and her for for compelling reason be ok.I will definately not if its not the right thing to do.My medical runs out in 6 weeks too.$4000 is a lot of money too

Timeline
1 hour ago, JEANIEW said:

I looked at the form i 601.My daughter has been in and out of clinics for annorexia.I thought sending the form to London field office and her for for compelling reason be ok.I will definately not if its not the right thing to do.My medical runs out in 6 weeks too.$4000 is a lot of money too

Waivers take much longer than 6 weeks, not how you file one.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, JEANIEW said:

Thankyou.Its a single use marijuana 33 years ago.I live in London.I can file in London if I have a compelling reason.My daughter has an eating disorder.Do you recommend filing myself without an attorney?

The I-601 waiver is filed with USCIS not the embassy.  I would suggest contacting Lizz Cannon   http://www.lizzcannonlaw.com/   She gives free consults.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/records

Timeline
17 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

The I-601 waiver is filed with USCIS not the embassy.  I would suggest contacting Lizz Cannon   http://www.lizzcannonlaw.com/   She gives free consults.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/records

THANKYOU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.