chrisnjill

I need Joint Sponsor? I make required annual income.

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

We submitted additional documents to US Embassy in TT. They call my wife saying we need a joint sponsor. She tells them I am employed  earning the required income. Embassy tells her it doesn't matter because they asked for a joint sponsor when requesting the additional documents and "we can't go changing their rules." I was solely dependent on my SSD but came home to the states and started back to work. First of January I start a new job with the USPS making an additional $10k but my employment doesn't seem to matter to TT. If I earn the income to support my family, I don not need a joint sponsor. Can they tell us we need one? 

Thanks,

Chris & Jill

The embassy can ask that you get a cosponsor if they feel that you source of income is not sufficient or if the current job is too new. You can ask for them to reconsider with more evidence of your income but that could cause delays.

In my personal opinion, they can ask for whatever. Remember, if you want a visa, it is their game you have to play. Would be easier to just find a cosponsor.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Because I didn't meet the income requirements, I asked a few people to cosponsor. They said no, for their own reasons, so I found employment and went back to work. I don't have anyone who can/will cosponsor so I'm working to support my own family.

You can try to continue searching for a cosponsor. The people you asked already may have "their own reasons" but you can't really blame them if they simply don't want to do it. It can be a big responsibility. Since your job seems to be new I can see the concern of the embassy. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
4 hours ago, chrisnjill said:

Hello,

We submitted additional documents to US Embassy in TT. They call my wife saying we need a joint sponsor. She tells them I am employed  earning the required income. Embassy tells her it doesn't matter because they asked for a joint sponsor when requesting the additional documents and "we can't go changing their rules." I was solely dependent on my SSD but came home to the states and started back to work. First of January I start a new job with the USPS making an additional $10k but my employment doesn't seem to matter to TT. If I earn the income to support my family, I don not need a joint sponsor. Can they tell us we need one? 

Thanks,

Chris & Jill

If you don't make enough money to sponsor your beneficiary at interview time then you either won't get a visa or have to get a joint sponsor.

They don't care what your income will be after Jan 1st.  They base their decision on what you made all year and what you put on last year's taxes.

Either way, it is not up to your beneficiary to work out sponsorship.  You need to get on the horn with the embassy and work this out with them.  This is your part, on your shoulders, and is your responsibility and if you do not pony up to the bar and pay the tab then yes they can deny the visa.  Good luck.

Edited by Nitas_man

6 hours ago, chrisnjill said:

Hello,

Thanks,

Chris & Jill

If you have assets, you can consider to use them to make up the shortage of your income.

The CO will look at your current income, not expected future income. Also, keep in mind the 125% income level is a minimum requirement...the CO can require more than that, or a joint sponsor, if they believe there is still a public charge risk. That is within their discretion to determine.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

And you can keep the petition at the embassy for a year until you have proof of earning enough - that's another option if you can't get a joint sponsor.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@milimelo   @geowrian  @Nitas_man    @NuestraUnion  NEED HELP...

I have my interview yesterday visa officer denied my IR1 visa n give me a white paper sheet n ask for a New Joint Sponsor.

My wife has continuous job at wal-mart from June 2016 till today. Its her first job n she submit AOS i-864 in May 2017, on her tax returns their annual income was 10k USD. So we use a joint sponsor from our family friend his income was 100k$.

At my Interview yesterday visa officer denied my joint sponsor n ask for a new joint sponsor. I told him that my wife income is sufficient know on her pay stubs that's about 23k$ he said dot show me that and he said do u have her new i-864? i said no then he gave me a refusal letter n mark on that manually the box that mentioned Submit a NEW Joint Sponsor.

Problem is that i hv no joint sponsor at that time :( 

Should my wife wait for the new tax year started i think in January n file a new tax returns n fill AOS i-864 with her latest income. or we must have to send a New Joint Sponsor?????? Please Help US :(

Edited by Mano

The CO probably thinks your wife's job is too new. She just started in June of this year. Did she have a job last year? Also, what evidence did you give for your joint sponsor? Tax returns?  How does your joint sponsor have income? Job? Investments?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

The CO probably thinks your wife's job is too new. She just started in June of this year. Did she have a job last year? Also, what evidence did you give for your joint sponsor? Tax returns?  How does your joint sponsor have income? Job? Investments?

Thanks Alot for ur reply. Nooo Sir She started Job Last year in June. She is employed in Walmart from continuously from last one n half year even she got promotion as department manager few months ago.

yes i gave recent year tax returns from my joint sponsor n irs transcript. his income from rent.

Edited by Mano

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 12:29 AM, Mano said:

Thanks Alot for ur reply. Nooo Sir She started Job Last year in June. She is employed in Walmart from continuously from last one n half year even she got promotion as department manager few months ago.

yes i gave recent year tax returns from my joint sponsor n irs transcript. his income from rent.

Does it look like your wife's income for the whole year will be enough?  She should be able to file her taxes in about a month.

Why did they reject your first joint sponsor?  The reason is unclear.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Does it look like your wife's income for the whole year will be enough?  She should be able to file her taxes in about a month.

Why did they reject your first joint sponsor?  The reason is unclear.

thanks for reply.. hope they will accept her new affidavit of support. we will submit it after filing tax returns hopefully in january.

They rejected our first joint sponsor by just saying that We Are Not Accepting this. I searched a lot it may be due to the reason he already sponsored few people before. Moreover im still confused to be sure on that because my joint sponsors income was pretty good :/

On 12/29/2017 at 12:19 PM, Mano said:

thanks for reply.. hope they will accept her new affidavit of support. we will submit it after filing tax returns hopefully in january.

They rejected our first joint sponsor by just saying that We Are Not Accepting this. I searched a lot it may be due to the reason he already sponsored few people before. Moreover im still confused to be sure on that because my joint sponsors income was pretty good :/

Yes...that was  probably the issue with your previous joint sponsor. If he had already sponsored some other people and still responsible for them (will be until they are US citizen )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.