14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with expediting their K1 Petition. I submitted a request to expedite and the CSC received it last week on Thursday (Nov. 30). About how long should I expect to wait to hear a response? 2 weeks? More? I literally have no idea. Anyone's experiences would be very helpful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If only we all knew when USCIS would get back to us regarding our visas and requests. 

K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
08/25/14 - Acceptance email sent
08/26/14 - Alien Registration Number changed.
10/17/14 RFE was received
10/23/14 RFE/I-195F mailed back to USCIS
11/05/14 I-129F Petition Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/10/14 U.S. Consulate received case in the mail!!
12/19/14 Submitted DS-160 online form.
01/15/15 Submitted Package 3 Checklist for a request for interview!
01/16/15 Consulate sent me packet to prepare for my interview/medical!
02/20/15 Physical
02/24/15 Visa Interview/APPROVED!!!!!!! (6 months!!)

AOS

05/16/15 - Filed for Adjustment of Status and Work Permit

05/22/15 - Acceptance email sent along with NOA’s mailed.

06/16/15 Biometrics Appointment
1/22/2016: INTERVIEW!!/APPROVED!!!
2/2016: Received GREEN CARD!!! (8 months)

I-751 - ROC

11/1/2016: Filed

11/3/2016: NOA

11/19/2016: NOA 2

12/06/2016 Biometrics Appointment

1/17/2018: Info Pass - Passport Stamped

5/31/2018: Emailed received that GC is being mailed. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, karice said:

What was the reason that you asked for your case yo be expedited?

My fiancee is a Christian living in Egypt whose own church has been bombed twice. I cited humanitarian reasons because of the constant attacks against Christians. I sent news articles as evidence of the terrorist attacks, my fiances birth certificate to prove he is a Christian, and conversations he and I had after the Palm Sunday Bombings of 2017. I really just want to know if anyone else has expedited and what their experience was.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

He is used to living in these circumstances.  All other Christians in living there are in the same danger.  Nigeria has similar religious wars and they don't end up being cause for an expedite. 

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
41 minutes ago, kayteebee1389 said:

My fiancee is a Christian living in Egypt whose own church has been bombed twice. I cited humanitarian reasons because of the constant attacks against Christians. I sent news articles as evidence of the terrorist attacks, my fiances birth certificate to prove he is a Christian, and conversations he and I had after the Palm Sunday Bombings of 2017. I really just want to know if anyone else has expedited and what their experience was.

From what I understand, it's really discretionary, and you may not even find out they expedited until after your process is done. Unfortunately,immigration is a hurry up and wait thing. 

There's no hard timeline for an expedite to be reviewed or approved. Typically they would request documentation in about a week or so. After that, if approved, I tend to see people post a response anywhere from a few days later to a week or so. If not approved, it can take weeks or months to hear back.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
18 hours ago, geowrian said:

There's no hard timeline for an expedite to be reviewed or approved. Typically they would request documentation in about a week or so. After that, if approved, I tend to see people post a response anywhere from a few days later to a week or so. If not approved, it can take weeks or months to hear back.

I know there is no hard timeline, but I guess I just wanted people's experiences so I could know when to worry or when it is okay for me to call them for an update. I know it's a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to try. I truly am worried for my fiancee to be in Egypt this holiday season and going into Easter season again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

From my understanding, hardship on petitioner does not really count.

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

According to the USCIS website, if the request to expedite is approved, they have to process your application in 2 weeks. So wait 2 weeks from the date on the acceptance letter for the expedite if there is one. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I suggest to track information about your K-1 petition status on USCIS tracking site https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do 

After your call you should have your expedite request number and online case history should have information they received your expedite request. 

Also if it’s assigned to an officer the information will be there updated. Usually on the same day that it’s assigned to an officer there is a decision and then you will see an info that they sent you a reply for the following request. Might be an email for additional documents or a hard mail denying/ approving your request. 

After providing addictional documents the decision is made up to 45 days.

After seeing they replyied I suggest to call and ask about the decision if there is no email. GL

Edited by Marcelina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, kayteebee1389 said:

I know there is no hard timeline, but I guess I just wanted people's experiences so I could know when to worry or when it is okay for me to call them for an update. I know it's a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to try. I truly am worried for my fiancee to be in Egypt this holiday season and going into Easter season again. 

Yes we tried the expedite route for Kenya (we are a gay couple). It did not work. Basically you just wait your turn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, NoProblem said:

From my understanding, hardship on petitioner does not really count.

Sorry I meant on hardship on beneficiary does not really count.

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.