Matiela

[k1] argentina consulate - police records

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone! quick question: I am the K-1 visa beneficiary, and will have to do the interview in the Argentina consulate in a month or two.

I stayed for 9 months in New Zealand about 8 years ago. Will I need the police records from over there? thank you! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Matiela said:

Hi everyone! quick question: I am the K-1 visa beneficiary, and will have to do the interview in the Argentina consulate in a month or two.

I stayed for 9 months in New Zealand about 8 years ago. Will I need the police records from over there? thank you! :)

Edited by Elsalove2016

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/1/2017 at 4:41 AM, Esme2504 said:

Yes, you need to include your police records from NZ.

thanks for your reply, but... based on what? a few days ago I happened to find a document from the BA embassy from 2014 that said minimum is 12 months... of course they're not answering any questions so I don't know if they changed that in BA, and I haven't received the packet with the definitive instructions yet (which I will use to update the info here once I'm able to). I know at least in the UK it's 12 months, and it was the same here not many years ago, so, sorry but how are you so certain? thanks :)

Timeline

I finally found the info, for anyone looking for it in the future:

the instruction letter here https://ar.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/K1-K3-Instructions-packet.pdf (this is only a year old and on the official embassy website) it clearly states:

In addition, applicants need to present a police clearance certificate from each country in which they have lived outside of Argentina for more than one year since reaching the age of sixteen. For more information on obtaining police certificates from other countries, see: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

so it turns out Argentines who lived anywhere else for LESS THAN 1 YEAR don't need anything! we're so lucky...

PS: to obtain the latest PDF I went here:

1. https://ar.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/
  2. click "Next - Am I Elegible? >"
  3. click "Next - How to Apply >"
  4. click "Required Documents"
  5. there's the link, it says "K1/ K3 Instructions Package (PDF 730 KB)"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.