Shanne

E-mail I-134 form

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hey, my K1- interview is in one week. 

I was reviewing the documents I am bringing to the embassy and noticed a mistake in the I-134 form. (we forgot to fill out the additional information section) 
There is no mailing option that allows my fiance to resend the form to me in time for the interview. 

Has anyone else handed in a e-mailed copy of the I-134 form? If he e-mails it to me it will be printed on a A4 type paper so it will be obvious that it is e-mailed. 

I have tried finding a printing company in both Norway and Stockholm that print on US sized paper, but have not found any. 

I have tried calling the embassy 5 times to ask if a e-mailed I-134 form is acceptable  but for some reason all of the employees I spoke to seem to have absolutely no inside into how the K1 proses works. One of them tried explainint to me how the I-129f works. Another said I needed to e-mail the Embassy in Oslo, even though the embassy in Oslo does not do K1 visas. 
I finally got one of them to ask there supervisor, but that was not helpful at all. As the supervisors reply was that I need to wait for the Stockholm embassy to e-mail me back. 

I have e-mailed the embassy in Stockholm, but they normally take 3 days to replay, so by that estimate I will not have an answer before Monday, and by that time it will definitely be to late to do anything about the situation.

I would appreciate any advice of inside, on what to do. 

Edited by Shanne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would email and print the firm and go to your interview. If worse comes to worse they can always approve you and give you AP until they receive the original if they are that particular about it. 

There are some services you can mail internationally within a week or so. Hopefully it won't take that long. 

it may cost a lot but if you send via FEDEX or DHL you should receive the paperwork in within 1-2 days.

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

est. time frame 5 months

Timeline
3 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

I would email and print the firm and go to your interview. If worse comes to worse they can always approve you and give you AP until they receive the original if they are that particular about it. 

There are some services you can mail internationally within a week or so. Hopefully it won't take that long. 

2 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

it may cost a lot but if you send via FEDEX or DHL you should receive the paperwork in within 1-2 days.

Thank you both for your suggestions :)
I think that supervision put in a request to have my e-mail answers quickly, because I got an answer from the embassy withing a few hours, and they tolled me a scanned, e-mail copy is fine due to the circumstances. I also though it would be possible to get delivery withing a few days, but we did the research. FedEx and UPS don't deliver to were I live. And DHL's quickest delivery option for my town in Norway is after my interview date.(I guess that is what I get for not living in a big city) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Shanne said:

Thank you both for your suggestions :)
I think that supervision put in a request to have my e-mail answers quickly, because I got an answer from the embassy withing a few hours, and they tolled me a scanned, e-mail copy is fine due to the circumstances. I also though it would be possible to get delivery withing a few days, but we did the research. FedEx and UPS don't deliver to were I live. And DHL's quickest delivery option for my town in Norway is after my interview date.(I guess that is what I get for not living in a big city) 

If I were you, I'd take to the interview a copy of that e-mail from the embassy to prove they themselves told you it was fine such scanned, e-mail copy. The officer there interviewing you might not be ok with it, in which case you'll want to be able to prove such response from their part.

Edited by Daniel P

Timeline
2 hours ago, Daniel P said:

If I were you, I'd take to the interview a copy of that e-mail from the embassy to prove they themselves told you it was fine such scanned, e-mail copy. The officer there interviewing you might not be ok with it, in which case you'll want to be able to prove such response from their part.

I had the same thought, printed that e-mail right away:)

A printed version will probably be fine for an I-134. It's not enforceable anyway (unlike the I-864), so hopefully the CO isn't too picky. Worse case you get delayed a couple weeks for them to get the original copy. Not great, but it's not the end of the world either.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Just now, June2017UK said:

That's for the I-864 series of forms.

It also only mentions that NVC won't require the wet signature, but doesn't say anything about wet signatures for the embassy (leaving that aspect a bit up in the air).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

That's for the I-864 series of forms.

It also only mentions that NVC won't require the wet signature, but doesn't say anything about wet signatures for the embassy (leaving that aspect a bit up in the air).

Sure, but I also recall seeing this post (first paragraph) a few months ago:

On 17/08/2017 at 2:53 AM, ConOfficer said:

A notice went out stating specifically that original affidavits of supports are no longer required - scanned copies are acceptable. Also, an affidavit of support is not a legal requirement for a K1 visa. So that's strange. 

Sometimes an officer might 221g a case just to see how the family responds. Submit the docs and you should be fine.

Echoing above comment that your son is probably an AmCit. You should look into a consular report of birth abroad and save yourself some trouble. How long have you been an AmCit?

2 minutes ago, June2017UK said:

Sure, but I also recall seeing this post (first paragraph) a few months ago:

I agree that it probably won't be an issue.

I'm just saying that going by the letter of the policy, the signature requirement for the I-134 has not changed, so it's better to have the original until there is a clarification that the I-134 is covered by that memo.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I agree that it probably won't be an issue.

I'm just saying that going by the letter of the policy, the signature requirement for the I-134 has not changed, so it's better to have the original until there is a clarification that the I-134 is covered by that memo.

My posts were more about giving the OP some peace of mind. But I think we’re all on the same page anyway ;) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.