57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have a fiance in the states who I want to marry and spend the rest of my life over there with him. We have no idea on where to start with the k1 visa process and are thinking of using Rapid Visa. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or advice with using this website. Please help😂

You definitely don't need it. Also, if you search on here. Tons of people have asked this question. Just use the guides and do it yourself, unless you have a complicated case. Such as criminal records or such. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
38 minutes ago, crp129 said:

I have a fiance in the states who I want to marry and spend the rest of my life over there with him. We have no idea on where to start with the k1 

I used them they 

Edited by Lisa Echols
No comment

6 minutes ago, nightingalejules said:

You're going to be giving enough of your money away during this process. Don't waste any more of it than you have to. 

It looks like you're from the UK. Great. This will be easier because presumably you already speak, read, write, and understand English. 

You can download all the forms you need directly yourself - you shouldn't need a lawyer or a preparer at all unless you have some seriously complicating factors like prior criminal history or previously being denied entry to or removed from the US. 

Start here:

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/fiancee-visa/fiancee-visas 

Read up and download the first form that your fiance needs to send in to USCIS. 

Whenever you run into anything that doesn't make sense, ask a question here: (there's also heaps of great information here that you can read up on in advance!)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/80-k-1-fiancee-visa-process-amp-procedures/

Do not, under any circumstances, use any company like "Rapid Visa." They take your money to file papers you could easily file yourself, and you still need to come up with all the information and proof (which is the time-consuming part, usually) They can't make any of this go any faster, and they often mess it up or slow it down, because you and your visa are not their #1 priority. You've found the VisaJourney "family" and we'll give you all the help you will likely need to do this yourself. 

Good luck!

You need to learn a little more about how rapid visa works they charge a little more of course but they are also very strict on what they do for you, they have all current forums needed built into there web site. Yes you do collect all the information required and they make sure everything is in order and to there specs before they will let u sent all info to them. They go over 1 final time then send it off also if u do payment plan you can make payments monthly and they write check to USCIS. If u do not get approved they refund all except payment to government.

You have less of a chance to get the dreaded RFE with them instead of doing it yourself.

I used rapidvisa started in jan 17 k1 filed may 2nd noa1 may 5th no RFE do to the strictness of them helping me recieved noa2 on oct 27th along with nvc case the same day, customer service is always there to help via phone or email stays with you and fiance until visa approval. Lawyers are way more expensive do not communicate have chances of RFE, you also have even bigger chance of RFE if you DIY unless you do extensive searching.  So until you know how a service works you really need not comment about it until you do your research.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, nightingalejules said:

You're going to be giving enough of your money away during this process. Don't waste any more of it than you have to. 

It looks like you're from the UK. Great. This will be easier because presumably you already speak, read, write, and understand English. 

You can download all the forms you need directly yourself - you shouldn't need a lawyer or a preparer at all unless you have some seriously complicating factors like prior criminal history or previously being denied entry to or removed from the US. 

Start here:

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/fiancee-visa/fiancee-visas 

Read up and download the first form that your fiance needs to send in to USCIS. 

Whenever you run into anything that doesn't make sense, ask a question here: (there's also heaps of great information here that you can read up on in advance!)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/80-k-1-fiancee-visa-process-amp-procedures/

Do not, under any circumstances, use any company like "Rapid Visa." They take your money to file papers you could easily file yourself, and you still need to come up with all the information and proof (which is the time-consuming part, usually) They can't make any of this go any faster, and they often mess it up or slow it down, because you and your visa are not their #1 priority. You've found the VisaJourney "family" and we'll give you all the help you will likely need to do this yourself. 

Good luck!

Thank you I figured it Was A waste of money I've already sent Rapid Visa.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

You need to learn a little more about how rapid visa works they charge a little more of course but they are also very strict on what they do for you, they have all current forums needed built into there web site. Yes you do collect all the information required and they make sure everything is in order and to there specs before they will let u sent all info to them. They go over 1 final time then send it off also if u do payment plan you can make payments monthly and they write check to USCIS. If u do not get approved they refund all except payment to government.

You have less of a chance to get the dreaded RFE with them instead of doing it yourself.

I used rapidvisa started in jan 17 k1 filed may 2nd noa1 may 5th no RFE do to the strictness of them helping me recieved noa2 on oct 27th along with nvc case the same day, customer service is always there to help via phone or email stays with you and fiance until visa approval. Lawyers are way more expensive do not communicate have chances of RFE, you also have even bigger chance of RFE if you DIY unless you do extensive searching.  So until you know how a service works you really need not comment about it until you do your research.

I Use Rapid Visa Also 

i used rapid visa for the K1 and did the two year myself. what i found out was i thought someone else could do a better job of presenting my case. the truth is , if you can read and follow simple instructions you can do it. if you want to feel better you can pay Rapid Visa.from doing the filings both ways i know i wasted my money. i got a RFE anyway. i filled out the papers as directed by Rapid Visa.  they cannot guarantee that your case will not get a RFE.  They cannot guarantee that you will get a interview. all they can do is fill out the papers for you. i filled out the two year and didn't get a RFE. i followed the instructions as posted here. when i had a question i posted it here. all the help i needed is right here. when i file removal of conditions i will be right here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

The best advice I can give you is to read extensively around this site before even deciding if it's worth it for you to spend your money in Rapid Visa. Once you have a better understanding of what you'll have to deal with, you'll then have the information you need to decide.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

It works different for everyone.

are you organized? 

Are you familiar with form filling- of any kind?

can you guys double check? And be careful with details?

and you came here first so you are lucky, you can ask all your questions and research all the topics here.

we sent it ourselves. No rfe so far. Even if it comes if waiting a few additional weeks won't hurt you, they are not a big deal you just answer them.

you can do it yourselves, if you want to be sure, and have money to spare you can do rapid visa. (people are also happy with it) 

i wouldn't recommend a lawyer though, never heard good about them. 

Check the forms. Also go to YouTube where people post their k1 petition preparations. You can see how it actually looks (always ask here for updates though they change a lot!!) 

I felt better after seeing those and decided I can do it myself.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you are from the UK it is super low fraud. you wont need a lawyer unless you have anything 'alarming' in your case that you would need a waiver for.  i suggest you just download the form! also, what i did was i found a youtube tutorial that went through how to fill it out! it was pretty simple:) just watch that! but also, just google 'how to fill out a k1' or search at the top!  often, i wonder why people ask a question when a simple google search would get them all the answers they need;) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.